A Badly Kept Secret

Dangerous

     WooHyun barely had the energy to take his shoes off as he stumbled into the dorm. Using his heels to peel them off, he dropped Hoya's coat in the middle of the living room and fell into the pile of cushions and a futon mattress that sometimes made up DongWoo's bed. He was glad the elder had decided to sleep in his room tonight and wriggled into the bedding. As soon as he stopped moving he was sound asleep.
     Only a few minutes later, one of the doors opened and a sleepy figure wandered out. DongWoo rubbed at his eyes, irritated that his first proper sleep in a few weeks had been interrupted for whatever reason. His usual ability to sleep heavier than the rest of the members put together had all but vanished. The irritation dissipated as soon as he set eyes on WooHyun.
     Sighing heavily, DongWoo shuffled over to the younger male, eased himself down to sit a couple of feet away and started to arrange the bedding in a slightly more comfortable place for WooHyun to sleep. Part of him wanted to shake WooHyun awake and tell him how stupid he was for making them all worry, the other part wanted to lay beside him, snuggle into him and kiss him while he was sleeping.
     Neither part was an acceptable cure for the situation. DongWoo settled with making a comfortable bed for WooHyun and gently easing him into it. Covering him with a blanket, DongWoo shifted the younger's hair out of his face and leant in, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek bone. He sat back and watched him sleep for a few minutes, satisfied at least by the knowledge that WooHyun was safe. Getting to his feet, DongWoo wandered back into his room and closed the door softly.
     He flinched as it clicked shut louder than he anticipated. SungYeol was a notoriously light sleeper, any noise or movement was likely to wake him. He was surprised SungYeol hadn't woken to WooHyun's return when he had. The younger appeared to be in a deep enough sleep to remain undisturbed. Crossing the room to the two sets of bunk beds, DongWoo climbed into the one above MyungSoo, knowing it was a lot harder to wake him than SungYeol.
     He lay down and pulled the blanket over him, closing his eyes and sighing heavily once more. Now that his nerves were settled, DongWoo hoped he'd be able to sleep a little easier, even though his head was filled with WooHyun. The last few things the younger had said to him were on constant repeat in his head. 'I told myself after Japan that I wouldn't come to you again, I wont be able to live with myself if you did something you weren't comfortable with...I'll come up with a new way to hide my uality until I can fix it...I'm not gay.'
     He was sure WooHyun had no idea how big a mess he was making trying to lie to himself, let alone everyone else. More than that, DongWoo was worried that, in his desperation to fix himself, he was going to drag someone else into his mess. Of course that someone would be a girl and that girl would have to be gorgeous and smart to even stand a chance of attracting someone as narcissistic as WooHyun.
     The younger had kept promising to stay away from him, which was what bothered DongWoo the most. He had said that in the kitchen before they went to Japan and he'd said it after the incident in the club but both times he'd come back to him. Did that mean WooHyun was so desperately confused about his uality he just needed to offload some of that stress onto him or did it mean that, underneath everything else, there was a little bubble of feelings for DongWoo.
     Shaking his head, DongWoo damned the second notion, knowing that he was nowhere near handsome enough to garner WooHyun's interest. WooHyun was interested in SungGyu, he told himself. There was no way his feelings would shift from someone as good looking as SungGyu to someone like him. DongWoo's stomach churned with feels of self hate, he had let himself be used not only to satisfy WooHyun but to satisfy his own need to feel close to the younger.
     It was so blindingly obviously that WooHyun had no concept of his feelings for him. The feelings that had grown from a friend only giving him what he wanted, to a friend with his own intense desires to kiss him, touch him...Rolling onto his side, DongWoo pulled the covers over his body and tried to clear his mind as he drifted off into an uneasy sleep.

     The dorm grew lighter as the sun rose beyond the horizon. Through a crack in the blinds, a bright stream of light slowly creeped up Hoya's bed. As the beam reached his eyes it painted his vision red, the brightness soon became uncomfortable and he to his side, stirring slightly. Groggy thoughts slowly woke his mind, he rolled back onto his back and rubbed at his face with his hands. Focussing his fingertips on the corners of his eyes, Hoya rubbed away the sleepy dust and opened his eyes.
     He groaned slightly and threw his hands up to shield his face from the sunlight. If the sun was rising it had to be around 7am. He reached over to check the time on his phone, searching quite a wide area of his mattress before remembering that WooHyun had taken it when he'd picked up Hoya's coat by mistake the night before.
     The memory made him sit bolt upright. WooHyun had to be back by now. Slipping out of bed, Hoya took a moment to fight off the wave of dizziness that followed his sudden movements and padded out of the bedroom. He didn't get very far into the living room when his eyes settled on his coat, laying in the midde of the floor beside a pair of feet. Hoya grinned at how uncomfortable WooHyun's sleeping position looked but decided to leave him alone for now.
     Taking his coat, Hoya fished his phone out of his pocket and hung the garment up in the hallway. He unlocked his phone and checked his messages, finding a couple from his mother and some from old friends in Busan. Wandering back into his bedroom, he climbed up and sat on the end of his bed, replying to all of the messages in order of receiving them.
     Once he was done, he brought up the service that told him how many minutes and texts he had left. His eyes narrowed in confusion at the number of minutes, it wasn't a lot but it was definitely lower than he remembered. Feeling his stomach tighten in anger, Hoya checked his call log and saw a number than wasn't recognised by his phone book. The time of the call was logged as just before 11.30pm yesterday, when WooHyun had his phone.
     Taking a few deep breaths to keep his temper in check, Hoya dialled the number and waited for the other person to answer. It rang continuously for almost a minute, Hoya guessed whoever owned the phone was asleep. Eventually the call connected and a sleepy female voice answered. "WooHyun ah...?"
     Hoya dropped the phone in shock. He quickly hit the end call button and turned his phone off so she couldn't ring back. After sitting in silence for a few minutes, Hoya felt the rage bubble up inside him. WooHyun had stolen his phone, broken into it and used his minutes. That wasn't what bothered him the most though, WooHyun had hidden the fact that he had a girlfriend from them, all of them, when he knew things like that would cause a huge scandal for Infinite.
     His selfishness meant that Hoya couldn't let it slide. WooHyun needed to understand that what one member did affected the whole group and this would be disastrous if it ever got out. Hoya didn't worry about waking SungJong as he jumped down from the bed and stormed out of the room.
     "Nam WooHyun!" He yelled, kicking the elder in the shins. WooHyun jolted awake by the double assault and scrambled away from Hoya. The younger stared venemously at him as the rest of their bandmates ventured out into the living room to see what all the fuss was about. WooHyun realised Hoya was clinging tightly to his phone. His eyes widened in horror as he remembered he hadn't cleared Hyeri's number from the call history.
     SungGyu quickly positioned himself between WooHyun and Hoya, seeing the anger in the younger's eyes. "Hoya, calm down. He's back and he's safe and that's all that matters..." SungGyu called gently, taking Hoya's shoulders and shaking him. Hoya's eyes darkened as his agitation grew. WooHyun was going to be in big trouble if he spilled his secret. He glanced at DongWoo, wondering what sort of reaction the elder would give upon hearing it.
     "All that matters? The little thief stole my phone and used it to call his girlfriend." Hoya yelled, stunning them all into silence. WooHyun's face screwed up in anguish, he sighed heavily, feeling all eyes on him. "That's where he was last night. He ran off to meet her." Opening his eyes slowly, WooHyun realised DongWoo was no longer standing in the room and felt his heart ache a little. Even SungGyu's reaction didn't upset him as much as DongWoo's.

     DongWoo stared up at the entrance of the shop, he knew it would only be a matter of time before he was seen and had to make his mind up about whether he should go inside or not pretty quickly. His thoughts were in such a state he decided he didn't really have much choice. Pushing the door open, he slipped inside and looked around.
     The walls were decorated with picture after picture of him, drawings and signs from fans, everything his mother had been given were on display. He couldn't help but smile, knowing his mother was proud of him was definitely a mood booster. She squealed behind him, he turned and hugged her, allowing her to kiss all over his face. "I missed you, mum." He murmured.
     "What brings you here on a weekday?" She asked. He let her free from his arms and rubbed a hand into his head, grinning sheepishly. She tutted at him. "You gave up a day of practice just to come and see your mother? I don't believe it." Her smile reassured him she was just playing. "Have you come for advice?" He nodded.
     DongWoo looked around again, happy to see the restaurant was so busy. "I'll help you out for a while." He stated, taking his coat off. His mother took it for him, beaming happily as she went to place it somewhere safe behind the desk. It had been a long time since he'd helped out in the restaurant and he was most certainly looking forward to getting his hands dirty.
     Dish after dish flew out of the kitchen, DongWoo helped deliver them to the correct tables, sat and talked to the customers about the trials and tribulations of being an idol, took the praise for coming to help his mother out and remaining completely down to earth even with his chosen career path. His mother took the opportunity to watch him interact with her clientele.
     He reminded her of the happy go lucky teenager he had been, talking and laughing about anything, having the uncanny ability to think positively even in the darkest of situations...It wasn't often DongWoo came to her for advice but when he did, it was usually about love. It warmed her heart to think her only son had found someone new to grow attached to, the girls he had dated in school were no good for him. She just hoped he hadn't fallen for the same type of girl again.
     Slowly, the restaurant emptied, leaving DongWoo and his mother plenty of time to sit down and talk. She took him to one of the rooms out back and closed the door, turning and rubbing her hands together with a wide smile on her face. "Now, what did you want to talk about?" DongWoo dropped into the sofa and patted the cushion beside him. He'd always been open with his mother about everything, but admitting he had feelings for another man made him nervous.
     She wasn't the type to judge and would give her honest opinion on the situation, which was why DongWoo had to tell her, he needed to hear it. She took the seat next to him and placed her hands on his knee, looking a little worried now. DongWoo took a deep breath and launched himself into the story, telling it in as much detail as he could remember.
     As usual, she sat and listened with utmost attention, nodding in places but not saying a word, even when he paused to figure out how to word himself. By the time he'd finished he'd spent nearly half an hour talking, most of that time his eyes hand been fixed on his knees. He lifted his head and glanced at her, seeing her eyes full of sadness and sympathy. "I don't know what to do..." She sighed heavily, reminding DongWoo so much of himself.
     "You've got yourself into a right mess this time, haven't you...?" She murmured, playing with his hair. "If you don't tell WooHyun how you feel he'll never realise how much he's hurting you." DongWoo sighed and clasped his hands together. "I know you don't want to add more pressure to him but if he doesn't have the courage to talk to SungGyu about things...Then maybe you have a chance."
     Her fingers graced his cheeks and turned his face towards her. DongWoo closed his eyes as she leant up to kiss his forehead. "You're my son. Whatever makes you happy makes me happy. Your father may take a little persuading but your sisters will help me with that." She stated, his cheek with her thumb. "And as for this girl WooHyun's involved with, you have to tell him getting her involved is a big mistake."
     "SungGyu hyung probably gave him a huge lecture about the scandal it would cause..." DongWoo mumbled, casting his eyes down to his hands. "God knows what he'd have to say about our ualities...He'd probably think it'd be an even bigger scandal if it ever came out." His mother had never seen him this torn up. It pained her to think he couldn't trust his friends to support him.
     "It'd be a lot easier to hide your uality that it would to hide WooHyun and this girl's relationship. As soon as it goes outside of the dorm things become ten times more risky." She told him, taking one of his hands in her's. "Think about it. If you and WooHyun started dating, you'd have the safety and comfort of your dorm to be together. Wherever WooHyun goes with this girl, someone is going to see them."
     It made sense to DongWoo but getting WooHyun to see things the same way was going to be a damn sight harder. His phone rang, but he showed no willingness to answer it. His mother sighed with a smile and took it out of his pocket for him, placing it in his hand. "I have to check on the shop." She told him genty. "Answer it. When you come down, we'll have lunch together, okay?"
     DongWoo nodded. He looked down at the name on his screen and sighed. SungGyu wouldn't be best pleased if he ignored his calls like WooHyun had so many times in the last few months. He heard the door click shut and answered the call. "Hyung?" SungGyu sighed in relief.
     "You can come back now." SungGyu told him. ""I know it upsets you when things get heated..." DongWoo smiled, at least someone understood his emotions. He stood and brushed himself off, noticing a couple of stains on his shirt from the food. Screwing his nose up, DongWoo wondered if he'd be able to get them out. "Where did you go anyway?"
     "I came to see mum." He replied. "I've been helping out in the restaurant for the last couple of hours." He heard SungGyu hum his approval and smiled. "Has Hoya calmed down now?" He asked, trying not to guide the conversation towards WooHyun and the drama the younger had caused.
     "Yeah. Everything's fine. WooHyun's locked himself in our bedroom and Hoya, SungJong, SungYeol and MyungSoo have headed to the practice studio." SungGyu told him. "You seem to be good with WooHyun at the moment..." DongWoo's heart doubled in pace nervously. "I can keep the others out of the dorm for a while if you wanna go home and try to talk some sense into him?"
     
DongWoo bit his lip. He had no idea if he would be able to keep his feelings under wraps if he spoke to WooHyun so soon. "I'm having lunch with mum first." He said slowly, trying to decide what he wanted to do. "I'll probably be back at the dorm around 2...If you guys will be gone that long..."
     "I'll make sure of it. Thanks DongWoo."