Midnight Meeting

Dangerous

     "Come on!" Hoya barked, scowling deeply at WooHyun. "How many times do we have to go over this bit?" He rubbed his hand over his face to calm his irritation and went to stand beside the elder. WooHyun's eyes met his in the mirror ahead of them, looking apologetic. Hoya couldn't help but feel a little bit sorry for him, WooHyun was absolutely drenched in sweat, his hands were shaking due to exhaustion, yet he continued to insist he was okay. "Follow my lead."
     Hoya took him through the dance sequence one more time, slowing it down so that the elder could pick up every minute detail. Matching Hoya move for move, WooHyun couldn't understand why he couldn't apply it at full speed. Technically it wasn't even that difficult. Running his hands through his hair, he waited for Hoya to find the right part of the music and tried once more to match the dance routine to the beat.
     "That's better." Hoya praised. He twisted the cap off of a bottle of water and handed it to WooHyun. "Come on, let's take a break." They sat with their backs to the mirror, WooHyun gulping down water to replace what he'd lost from sweating so much. The others had gone home four hours ago and WooHyun was surprised Hoya had put up with him for as long as he had without wanting to punch him.
     He changed his mind, Hoya probably wanted to punch him but hadn't seen fit to actually do it. WooHyun sighed, at least with Hoya in charge of teaching him he would spend more time learning the dance than if DongWoo had gone through with it. He hadn't spoken to the elder male for five days now and he knew it was causing mass tension in the dorm. Making to stand and get another bottle of water, WooHyun was forced back down. He stared at Hoya as the younger bounced to his feet and went to get the bottle for him.
     "Here." He unscrewed the top and handed the open bottle to WooHyun. Taking a large gulp, WooHyun wiped the back of his hand across his mouth as Hoya sat back down. The silence wasn't awkward, they were both thankful for that. Hoya understood that WooHyun was working hard and felt no need to interrupt his respite with mindless chat. He was concerned about WooHyun as much as he was DongWoo but, as of yet, neither of them had offered a reason as to why they had fallen out.
     WooHyun knew exactly what Hoya was thinking. "You don't have to worry." He stated, staring out across the room instead of looking at the younger. Hoya watched as he took a swig from the bottle, his eyes distracted by a single bead of sweat that ran down the side of his face. Their eyes met for a second. "I'll have the routine down before we start promotions." He grinned, knowing Hoya really wasn't all that fussed about the routine.
     The younger was building himself to control his temper if his statement obtained a response he wasn't happy with. "I wasn't worried about that. I was wondering what happened between you and DongWoo." WooHyun choked on the water he'd just poured into his mouth and coughed heavily. Hoya patted his back to help, hoping that WooHyun would actually talk to him for once. "Whatever it is, it's not healthy for either of you." The elder male stared at him with wide eyes.
     "What has he said to you?" He asked, panic evident in his voice. Hoya hadn't expected that at all. WooHyun was on his feet a second later, he grabbed his coat from the table at the back of the room and left without another word. Hoya ran after him, anticipating a blazing row to start back at the dorm.
     As soon as Hoya burst out onto the street he looked around frantically for WooHyun. If he could stop him before he reached the dorm there was a good chance he'd be able to divert the elder's anger onto himself. There was no sign of him. Hoya sprinted down the road towards the dorm.

     WooHyun watched him from a dark doorway until he turned the corner and disappeared from sight. He looked down at the coat in his hands, he had thought it was his own but on closer inspection it was Hoya's. Mindful that if Hoya came back while he was replacing it with his own he'd have to face his questions, WooHyun slipped it over his shoulders and headed away from the dorm.
     Sinking his hands into the pockets, WooHyun's fingers brushed over Hoya's phone. His heart skipped a beat. SungGyu had given him his phone back but he'd let the battery drain and hadn't charged it since. In his desperation to feel like he was closer to Hyeri, he'd memorised her number the day he got it. Pulling Hoya's Samsung out of his pocket, WooHyun hit the lock button and stared at the screen.
     Typical. He'd secured it with a passcode. WooHyun would have to spend the next hour or two working out the code. He didn't even know how many tries he had to unlock it, most phones had 3 or 5 so WooHyun found it safe to assume his would too. Just in case it was only 3, he decided to think about it before inputting any codes.
     Obvious combinations came to his mind. Hoya's birthday, his parent's birthday, infinite's debut...He tapped 0609 into the phone. It came up as negative.
     "..." He sighed heavily. Of course it would be something less obvious, Hoya was a very complex personality...WooHyun just had to try harder. He stopped dead in his tracks. What if Hoya used a completely random number that had absolutely no relation to anything? He'd be totally screwed then. "You're such a , Howon." WooHyun mumbled to his phone.
     If that was the case he may as well just give up now. Slipping the phone back into his pocket, WooHyun set off again, pushing Hoya's passcode to the back of his mind and tried to remember where Hyeri said she went to university. If he couldn't contact her, the least he could do was try and find her himself. He checked the time on the phone and rolled his eyes. It was 11.20pm, the chances of her still being awake were slim.
     He also realised that he'd been walking for ten minutes without any direction at all. Looking around him, he was still in a recognisable area, his feet had been taking him towards HongDae. It would make more sense for him to go to Mangwon station, considering that was only a few minutes south west from where he was now. The metro ran until 1 or 2am. He stopped dead.
     That was it. That had to be it. WooHyun nearly dropped Hoya's phone in his hurry to pull it out of his pocket. he typed 0200 into the device. It came back negative. Biting his lip nervously, WooHyun tried 1400 and the phone opened up to him. He punched the air and did a little dance to celebrate cracking Hoya's code and quickly typed in Hyeri's number.
     Turning on his heel and running towards the station, WooHyun listened to the line connect and start ringing. He prayed she was still awake and her phone was on loud, he needed someone to talk to and DongWoo was still out of the question. "Hello?" His mood soared. Slowing down so he could talk to her and still get to Mangwon quickly, WooHyun couldn't hide the happiness in his voice.
     "Hyeri!" He called. "Sorry it's late, I needed to speak to you." She didn't sound tired but he had to ask, just to make sure. "I didn't wake you...Did I?" He saw Mangwon station materialise before him and stopped to talk properly. "You took a while to answer..."
     "You didn't wake me." She confirmed, sounding just as cheerful as ever. "My phone brought up a number instead of your name, that's why I answered slowly."  WooHyun had forgotten that Hyeri wouldn't have Hoya's number in her phonebook. He leant against a wall and sighed lightly. "Are you practicing? Is that why you're up late?"
     "This is early." He grinned. "I'm outside Mangwon station right now...Can I come and see you?" He knew it was a lot to ask, considering it was coming up twenty to midnight on a weekday, she would probably have lectures in the morning. Hyeri fell silently for a moment, leaving WooHyun to contemplate what he'd do if she refused. He couldn't exactly go back to the dorm any time soon, the only other thing he could do was wander the streets.
     "You're not allowed on campus." Her voice made him jump. He nodded even though she couldn't see him. "You're at Mangwon, right?" He hummed in confirmation. "I'll meet you at Seokgye station in about half an hour." WooHyun was about to protest, he didn't want her being out on her own this late. "Don't worry, I'll bring a friend to wait with me." It was creepy how everyone seemed to be able to read his mind on random occasions.
     "Right...Just be careful, okay? I'll get there as soon as I can." He hung up and ran across the road into the metro station.

     Hyeri was waiting when WooHyun reached Seokgye, he instantly looked around for the friend she had promised him would be waiting with her. "She's over there." Hyeri pointed out a girl, waiting over the other side of the road. Hyeri waved and the girl waved back before walking away without another word. WooHyun opened his mouth to protest her walking alone but Hyeri pressed a finger against his lips. "Her boyfriend is waiting for her just around the corner, she'll be fine."
     Sighing heavily, WooHyun nodded and hugged Hyeri quickly. He didn't know if it was nerves for her being out so late or not but the feeling he got upon setting eyes on her was stronger than before. Knowing she was okay felt good, sending a wave of relief rushing over his body. Maybe DongWoo was wrong, maybe he could fix being gay after all...Or at least feel comfortable being attracted to both men and women. He wondered if Hyeri would judge him for liking men...
     "Let's go to the river." She chimed, lacing her fingers through his and pulling him off in a different direction to her friend. "Why did you want to see me so late?" Hyeri looked over at him, a smile toying with the corners of her lips, she clung to his arm and squeezed her fingers a little against his hand. "Did you run away from practice again?" He laughed and shook his head.
     "No, the others went home ages ago...It was just me and Hoya practicing some more." He replied. "I took Hoya's coat by mistake, which is why I had his phone...I wanted to meet you." Bending the truth a little wouldn't hurt anyone, he decided. Hyeri led him down what appeared to be a cycle path along the side of the river. The wind picked up a little now they were in more open space.
     They came to a bridge that made a u-turn across the water and Hyeri pulled him off the path completely. Sitting with their backs to the pillar, they watched the lights from the buildings across the river cascade over the moving water's surface. "I forgot how beautiful it is here..." Hyeri murmured thoughtfully, staring out over the water. WooHyun glanced at her, reaching over to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. She turned to smile warmly at him. "We used to live close by when I was younger. I loved the river...But when we moved to America we were miles away from any rivers."
     They sat quietly for a while, WooHyun didn't really know what to say. His fingers were still laced between Hyeri's and his thumb rubbed circles over the back of her hand. After a few minutes she sighed lightly and leant her head on his shoulder. "Do you miss America?" He asked, not really surprised when she nodded. Of course she would, she'd spent more years there than she had in Korea.
     "Not so much the place..." She murmured, nuzzling a little closer into WooHyun. He let go of her hand and put his arm around her shoulders. "I miss my friends, I had a lot of friends..." This also didn't surprise him. She was bound to be popular, she was beautiful, intelligent and she probably had the same effect on everyone that she had on him. "But I love Korea. I have new friends, a new life...You..."
     WooHyun couldn't help the smile that clung to his lips. "Me?" He asked, trying to sound a little surprised. Hyeri lifted her head to look at him. A second later one hand was against his chest, the other supporting his cheeks and her lips pressed firmly against his. Happiness bubbled in his chest. He tried to keep a lid on his eagerness to kiss her back while slipping an arm around her, placing it between her shoulder blades to move her chest closer to his.
     She moved her lips against him, signalling it was okay to deepen the kiss. WooHyun slipped his hand into her hair and tilted his head just a little, making the embrace more comfortable for, he hoped, both of them. He wondered how far she would let him go. This was only their second kiss, he reminded himself, he couldn't be as passionate as he was with DongWoo.
     Bad though. As soon as he allowed DongWoo's face to slip into his mind, he let a soft moan escape into the kiss. His conflicting emotions were back with a vengeance and they weren't going to let him forget in a hurry. Hyeri mistook the moan for him enjoying her kiss. She took his hand and placed it on her hip before leaning up over him, rubbing her s against his chest.
     He let her control the kiss for a while, concentrating on clearing DongWoo from his mind and filling it instead with what was actually happening. While his thoughts were elsewhere, Hyeri had straddled his thighs. Discomfort flooded through him, all of a sudden he wasn't sure why he was doing this. He had to let her down gently so that she'd still see him.
     Hyeri sensed his hesitation and broke the kiss. "Sorry..." She mumbled. "I'm still not used to how tentative Koreans are about all this..." She gestured at them before moving to sit beside WooHyun again. He couldn't begin to describe his relief at her getting off him. "I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable..." He shook his head.
     "It's okay." He replied, taking her hand and kissing it gently. "I guess girls are more feisty in America then?" She laughed and blushed, though he could barely see it in the darkness. He bit his lip, still not sure what to make of Hyeri taking the initiative. At least he was sure she definitely liked him.
     "I guess they are...They're not afraid to speak their minds, they don't act all timid and cute...And it's not unheard of for a girl to ask a guy she likes to date her." She took to staring at the water again. "That's kinda normal over there..." WooHyun couldn't imagine what she was saying to be true but he took it as truth anyway because she'd been there and he hadn't.
     He realised what she was aiming the conversation towards and decided to pip her to the post. "So...Let's bring things back to Korea for a moment..." He murmured, taking her chin and turning her face to look at him. "Where the girls and quiet and timid and the guys ask the girls they like to date them..." Her eyes searched his silently. WooHyun felt her fingers against his thigh and bit his lip. "All of this...Seeing each other, the texting...the kisses...Does that make you my girlfriend?"
     Hyeri nodded slowly. He watched her swallow nervously and smiled, tilting his head to the side just a little and looking up at her through half lidded eyes. She closed the distance between their lips for a short, sweet kiss. "I would gladly be your girlfriend." She murmured, lips still against his. "If you can put up with my headstrong American style attitude..."
     WooHyun smiled against her lips. "I can't wait to see more of it." He lied, convincingly.