New Hope

Dangerous

     Upon their return to Korea, WooHyun realised how much he cherished his personal space. Part of him wanted to bug SungJong into swapping rooms with him but he knew that would just look suspicious. SungGyu wasn't talking to him, DongWoo was keeping his distance...Suddenly he felt more alone than ever.
     In an attempt to combat his loneliness, he'd spent more and more time camping out in SungJong and Hoya's room, away from both DongWoo and SungGyu. It worked to a point but it wasn't a long term solution to his problems. What he needed was a way to get out of spending all day every day with them, something to get him out of the dorm for a legitimate reason.
     SungJong tugged a little too hard on his hair, pulling him out of his thoughts. "Careful." He scolded playfully. SungJong grinned and patted WooHyun's shoulder before putting another hair band into the elder's hair. Hoya was sat on his bed watching proceedings over the top of his laptop.
     "I honestly don't understand why you let him do that to you..." Hoya stated, pushing his glasses back up his nose. Looking up at him, WooHyun shrugged and grinned. "To be honest I don't understand why you've been spending so much time in here since we came back from Japan. Did you argue with SungGyu hyung or something?"
     WooHyun shook his head. "Nah, I just realised that I really spend too much time with some people and not enough with everyone else." He replied, kind of truthfully. Hoya cocked an eyebrow, shook his head lightly and turned his attention back to whatever was on his screen. SungJong had obviously decided he'd put enough hairbands into WooHyun's hair and took a photo to show the elder.
     Laughing at the state of his hair, WooHyun told SungJong to post it to twitter and proceeded to take each band out until he was left with apple hair. There was a soft knock at the door, WooHyun resisted the urge to turn around and look at who entered. "Hoya can I borrow your...Oh WooHyun ah...SungGyu hyung was looking for you..." DongWoo stated quietly.
     WooHyun made no sign that he'd heard DongWoo. He collected the hairbands from the floor and put them all back in the box SungJong had got them from. Shooting a curious glance between WooHyun and DongWoo, the youngest member said nothing but made a mental note to quiz WooHyun later. Guessing the younger still hadn't forgiven him for what had happened in the gay bar, DongWoo turned his attention back to Hoya.
     "Can I borrow your ipod charger? Mine's not working for some reason." DongWoo finished his original question, staring purposely at Hoya instead of watching WooHyun shift around. Hoya nodded and grabbed the cable DongWoo was looking for from the mess of wires beside him. "Thanks, I'll bring it back later." The elder left the room, closing the door softly behind him.
     "What was that?" Hoya quizzed before SungJong could even open his mouth. WooHyun shrugged, picking at the floor. "Come on, you've been weird with him since we came home. Did you fight?" WooHyun shot him a dangerous glare and stood up. He crossed the room and reached to open the door. Hoya's hand slammed into the wood, keeping it shut. "WooHyun."
     "You wouldn't speak to DongWoo or SungGyu like this." WooHyun bit, scowling at Hoya. "Don't forget I'm older than you too." SungJong's arms closed around WooHyun's chest, pulling him back a little. It wasn't often Hoya got violent but there was a glint in his eye that scared the maknae.
     Once he felt there was enough of a distance between Hoya and WooHyun, SungJong used varying pressures on WooHyun's shoulders to turn him around and smiled sadly. "We're just worried hyung...Something's been...Not right...For a while now. We've all noticed it..."
     WooHyun shook his head. "There's nothing to worry about. Everything's fine." He lied, they wouldn't let it go but he didn't care. "I'm leaving." He said loudly, signalling Hoya should move away from the door. SungJong gave his younger hyung a pressing look. Sighing, Hoya barged past WooHyun and sat on the edge of his bed, back to the pair of them.
     WooHyun took the last band from his hair and ruffled it out. he passed the band to SungJong and left the room without another word. SungJong pouted heavily before glancing worriedly at Hoya. "What do you think it is?" He asked, Hoya sighed and shook his head. "I hope they work it out..."

     WooHyun wandered towards the underground station. He was glad he was wearing such a thick jumper to protect him from the worst of the frisky spring breeze. His cheeks and nose were pink from the same wind and he was sure he wouldn't be able to feel his hands if they weren't shoved deep into his pockets. He had his phone in one pocket and his T-money and bank cards in the other.
     He decided an evening trip to HongDae would be quite fun, it would take his mind off things for a while. Standing in front of the underground entrance for a few moments, WooHyun wondered if the arcade shops would still be open or whether he should just head straight to a karaoke room. Deciding he'd make his mind up when he got there, WooHyun ran down the steps into the underground, pulling his T-money card out ready for the gates.
     Slipping easily through the barriers, WooHyun joined the mass of same aged party goers that were headed onto the platforms. He stood less of a chance being recognised if he was in amongst a bunch of people that looked as dolled up as he usually did. The platform was noisy and crowded, making it hard for WooHyun to move anywhere even if the people behind him were pushing him to go forward.
     The train hurtled through the station and slowed, coming to a halt just in time. Miraculously the crowds parted around each door to allow people to get off the train before everyone piled in. WooHyun managed to get onto the train and moved as far down inside the cabin as he could. He noticed no one inside the train looked older than 30.
     There were even a few foreign teenagers dotted here and there, talking in English about whatever. WooHyun grabbed the bar above his head as the train jolted away, quickly gathering speed through the tunnels. He paid attention to the adverts along the top of the window instead of looking around the train. Once he'd read the tiny writing on one he moved onto the next and so on until he physically couldn't see anymore.
     The train burst out of the tunnel into another platform and slowed to a complete stop. The doors opened and a few dozen people filtered off onto the station, leaving a little more room to breathe. WooHyun took the opportunity to glance around. His eyes settled quickly on one very stunning young woman. He guessed she was about the same age he was, maybe a little older.
     She was at the next set of doors, chatting away quite happily to two other girls in quite close proximity. From what WooHyun could see of her she was wearing a purple dress with a silver 3/4 sleeved cardigan and he guessed black tights or leggings. Her hair had a streak of blue through the front though it was pinned back and curled with the rest of her dark, shoulder length hair.
     A small shiver ran through WooHyun's body as she turned a little. Her profile was beautiful. Tidy eyebrows that gave way to a gradient of light to dark purple eyeshadow, black lined eyes that glittered under the lights from the train. Her nose was perfectly straight, full lips were coated a glossy shade of pink and her chin was well defined. She wore a simple silver pendant that tied her outfit together perfectly.
     A familiar feeling bubbled in WooHyun's stomach. He found her attractive. ually attractive. A feeling that had been non existent in his life unless he was staring at SungGyu. He bit his lip. If this girl could stir such emotions in him then maybe he wasn't gay after all. What if all this with SungGyu was just a result of being cooped up with no female influence for too long?
     It had to be possible. Kind of like Stockholm Syndrome he supposed. The train pulled into the next station and she got off. WooHyun quickly made his way onto the platform and frantically searched the crowd for the blue streak of hair. As soon as he set eyes on the back of her head he set off at a run, weaving his way through the crowd to get as close to her as possible.
     He was halfway up the steps out of the depths of the underground when she disappeared. Nerves were making him twitchy, he needed to keep a visual on her. As soon as he reached the top of the steps he headed to the least used barrier and slipped through.
     Looking around frantically at the different exits, he spotted a purple dress and followed, praying that it was the right girl. Taking the steps two at a time, he burst out onto the street and glanced around again. Under the orange hue of the street lamps, he saw her laughing with her friends and followed.
     If anyone realised what he was doing he would be scolded for stalking her but he didn't care right now. All he was interested in was catching up with her and striking a conversation. He knew there were a few karaoke rooms in the area and wondered if they were headed towards one. Following from a safe distance, WooHyun tightened one hand against his chest, feeling his heart racing beneath the thick fibres of his jumper.

     She had proved easier to read than he'd hoped. Her friends had lead her to a very popular karaoke room. All he had to do was grab the opportunity to ask if he could join her friends in their room and then get her own her own to talk. Easy, he decided. She looked a little less comfortable in a city environment, he guessed she was here to study. Her friends on the other hand, looked like proper seoulites.
     Running up the steps, he paid the entry fee and glanced around. She was standing a little way to his left, waiting for her friends to pay the cloakroom staff to keep their jackets. He would only have a few seconds to make his move before they were gone for good. WooHyun steeled his nerves and walked towards her quickly.
     "Hey." He started simply, flashing her a charming smile as she looked up at him. She smiled back and his heart skipped a beat. "I was wondering if you had space for one more in your room? My friends cancelled on me." He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. Her smile grew a little.
     "I'm sure we can squeeze you in." Her voice was beautiful, softer and clearer than anything he'd ever heard. WooHyun grinned and thanked her, bowing his head a little. Her friends were still busy at the desk, giving him a little more time to solidify his place in their room. "Aren't you going to introduce yourself?" She asked, tilting her head a little to the side, smile still painted on her lips.
     "Ah! I'm WooHyun." He stated, holding his hand out. She looked down at it, laughed and shook it firmly. Her friends pulled her away and shot WooHyun dirty looks, apparently not recognising him. He blushed a little and bowed his head in apology. "I'm Nam WooHyun." He introduced himself properly and instantly the two girls gasped in shock.
     A cocky grin slipped onto his face as they finally recognised him, both rushing their apologies and inviting WooHyun into their room. He grinned at them and put an arm around his interest's shoulders, leading her towards the room. "I'm Hyeri." She told him. "You're from Infinite, aren't you?" He smiled and nodded. "My friends are big fans."
     "And you, Hyeri? Are you a fan?" She pulled a thoughtful face. WooHyun was legitimately worried for a moment before she cracked a beautiful smile. He held the door open for her, she thanked him as she walked through. His heart skipped a beat, maybe this really was the answer. Pulling the door closed, WooHyun turned and smiled warmly at the three beautiful girls in the room. "Let's get started!" He clapped his hands together cheerfully.
     Being in a room full of Inspirits, he had expected to be singing the majority of the songs but he never thought it would be so hard to get them to sing with him. They seemed content enough to receive their own personal concert and WooHyun had to pull them off the seat to sing with him. He didn't mind though, it was fun. He assumed they were self conscious because he was a famous singer but he endeavoured to tell them just how good their voices were.
     WooHyun caught Hyeri watching him with a soft smile on her face at least a dozen times during the course of the evening. He pulled her up to sing with him more times that the others but either no one noticed or cared. Every chance he got to touch her sent prickles of excitement through his nerves. He knew nothing about her yet he had hope that she would be his saviour.
     After a while the girls started complaining they were thirsty. WooHyun took his leave of them to go and order drinks, the corridors outside refreshingly cool compared to the stuffy closed environment inside the room. He enjoyed listening to some quite obviously drunk karaoke coming from one of the rooms nearest the bar as he waited for his drinks to be made.
     Pulling his phone out of his pocket, he had a few missed calls from various people. Running through the list, he saw most of them were from SungGyu, one or two from SungJong and just one from DongWoo. Ignoring them for now, he checked the time and smiled. He'd been out for a little over two hours and had at least 3 more to enjoy before he really had to leave.
     A warm, soft hand appeared on his arm, he looked around at Hyeri and smiled. "I wanted to ask you something..." She started quietly. WooHyun turned to face her and tilted his head a little to one side. "I've really enjoyed your company tonight...I was hoping we'd be able to see each other again?" WooHyun's heart soared. This was working out better than he could have asked for.
     "Absolutely." He breathed. She blushed, smile growing just a little. Everything she did make her more and more beautiful in WooHyun's eyes. "Do you have your phone?" She nodded and pulled the device out of the pocket in her cardigan, handing it to WooHyun. He took it and tapped his mobile number into it. "It'd be better if you text me instead of calling because of my schedules." He handed it back to her.
     Hyeri nodded her understanding and entered a name for her new contact. "Nam...Woo...Hyun..." She murmured as she typed it out. "I wont be able to see you often, will I?" Her large, glassy eyes studied his charming features. He rubbed his head sheepishly.
     "I should be able to steal some time in the evenings, but I'll always try to answer my phone as quickly as possible." he hoped he wasn't coming on too strong, or appearing too greasy in his eagerness to stay in contact, the last thing he wanted to do was scare her away. His fears were washed away in an instant as she nodded.
     "That's fine." She replied, stepping back as a tray of drinks were placed on the bar in front of WooHyun. "I have university to keep me occupied while I wait." She added, her smile reaching her eyes this time. He took the tray of drinks and followed her back to the room.
     Little by little she was revealing more information about herself. He now knew that she had to be over 19, she was smart as well as pretty and she thought he was good looking too. He couldn't help but smile, before him was the answer to all his prayers.