Confusion At Its Best

Dangerous

     DongWoo hadn't slept particularly well the previous night, partially because he knew why WooHyun had gone to meet Hyeri and wondered how that went and partially because of the noises that had come from the bedroom across the apartment. He'd made a mental note to remind WooHyun that the walls weren't soundproof when he spoke to him. What amazed him far more than SungGyu and WooHyun's midnight mischief was the fact that SungYeol had slept through it.
     It was exactly seventeen minutes past five in the morning when he heard movement outside his bedroom. Pushing the blankets away, DongWoo crept out of bed and placed his ear against the door, trying to make out something that would give away who was out there. There was nothing distinguishing. Whoever it was opened the front door and left quietly. Opening the bedroom door, DongWoo snuck out into the living room, closed the door and stretched his arms above his head.
     He doubted it would be either SungJong or Hoya. SungYeol and MyungSoo were still fast asleep in the room he'd just left, which meant it was either SungGyu or WooHyun. Padding across the cool floor, DongWoo hesitated outside the closed door for a moment. He prepared himself for what he might find inside and opened the door. The bedroom didn't look any more messy than usual, there were clothes and things strewn everywhere. That had become the norm for them though, they were just too tired to pick up after themselves.
     Eyes drifting to the bed, DongWoo recognised the top of the head peaking out of the duvet cocoon as WooHyun's and smiled softly. He wondered how torn up SungGyu was after what they'd obviously done last night. More importantly, he wondered how WooHyun had enjoyed his fantasy and whether SungGyu had done it justice. Closing the door behind him, DongWoo picked his way carefully through the junk and climbed up onto the ladder. He pulled back the duvet to reveal WooHyun's face, sound asleep, a light smile toying with his lips.
     Crossing his arms over the mattress, DongWoo rest his chin against them and watched WooHyun sleep for a while, admiring how his expression altered ocassionally depending on what he was dreaming about. Whatever it was, there was always a smile on his lips. Those beautiful, full, soft lips that DongWoo missed kissing. He sighed through his nose and looked down. The bed beneath WooHyun was messy. He hadn't noticed it before but it looked like SungGyu had chosen to sleep in his own bed.
     A flash of genuine worry showed on his face, he hoped SungGyu wasn't too tormented by his thoughts, actions, whatever...but the elder had brought this upon himself by trying to be too accommodating. SungGyu was going to be in need of someone to talk to and winding WooHyun up could wait a while. Leaving the room quietly, DongWoo pulled his shoes on, grabbed the car keys and left the dorm. If he knew the elder any where near as much as he should do, SungGyu would be heading towards the river to clear his head.
     The elevator seemed to be moving slower than usualy but DongWoo knew it was just because of his rush to be elsewhere. As soon as the doors opened in the carpark he was out, rushing through the vehicles to their van. Slipping into the drivers seat, he turned the key in the ignition and pulled his seatbelt across, checking all his mirrors were correctly positioned and adjusting the seat just a little.
     Pulling out of the safety of the carpark, DongWoo hated the fact that they lived on a one way street. If SungGyu was walking down that road then he wouldn't have any chance of finding him until he reached the bottom. Taking the car up to the junction, turning right and then right again at the next junction, DongWoo was finally pointing in the right direction to get to the Han. He hoped the elder hadn't taken an obscure path towards the river otherwise finding him would be harder than locating a needle in a haystack.
     Accelerating a little, DongWoo wondered if he'd be able to cut SungGyu off before he reached the second major junction down this road. For the third time in as many minutes, DongWoo made a right turn and pulled into a convenient parking spot that to the road he had started on. With any luck, SungGyu would walk past in a few minutes and DongWoo would be able to catch him. He didn't have to wait long.
     SungGyu wandered past, wrapped head to toe in winter clothes. He seemed in no rush to get to his destination and DongWoo could tell, from his slouched posture, that he was deep in thought. Starting the car engine was enough for SungGyu to look around, their eyes met and DongWoo leant over to open the passenger door. Sighing heavily, SungGyu doubled back and got into the car. "What are you doing awake?"
     "Insomnia is a wonderful thing." DongWoo replied cheerfully, turning the heating up to warm the elder quickly. "I heard you leave." SungGyu blushed behind his scarf. He wondered what else DongWoo had heard. The younger put the car into drive and pulled out of the parking space, turning left instead of right and driving them onto the motorway that ran parallel to the river. They sat in silence for a while, DongWoo not wanting to pry and SungGyu not really wanting to talk.
     In the end SungGyu sighed and looked over. DongWoo had offered him advice to help their relationship regardless of his own feelings for WooHyun, the least he could do was be honest with him.

     "I took your advice." He stated, pulling his scarf off now that he was warmed up. DongWoo chanced a look over at him and their eyes met for a moment. He didn't say anything but simply nodded as he turned his eyes back to the road. SungGyu was going to tell him everything on his own accord, he didn't need to speak just yet. "I don't know if it was just getting caught up in the moment but I didn't feel awkward at all doing it..." DongWoo changed gear, keeping his eyes firmly on the road ahead of him. "At first I was happy just watching him please himself but..."
     DongWoo looked over as he trailed off. SungGyu was staring out of the passenger window, watching the world flash by outside. They sat in silence again, all sorts of scenarios ticking over in DongWoo's head. From what he'd heard last night there was no way they'd gone all the way. SungGyu's nerves wouldn't have taken that and WooHyun hadn't made enough noise for a first timer. That meant that the only viable scenario was that SungGyu had taken over proceedings.
     "When I touched him, he sort of...came alive in my hands..." SungGyu mumbled, the blush deepening on his cheeks. "I was so caught up in his reactions...It hit me that he really did want me to do things to him but..." SungGyu turned his head and stared hard at DongWoo. The younger could feel his eyes burning into his cheek and tried to keep his own eyes firmly on the road. "You knew that would happen, didn't you?" DongWoo remained silent. "You knew that once I'd seen him I would get caught up in the moment."
     The younger smiled and shook his head. "What happened was down to you. All I did was give you a scenario in which to realise how you felt about him...and hopefully confirm for WooHyun how he feels about you." DongWoo replied. "I guess you were the one that made him then." He glanced over and saw SungGyu turn amazingly red. The silence was more awkward this time. SungGyu didn't know what to say, he was torn between the truth and telling DongWoo what he wanted to hear.
     Instead he ignored the last thing the younger had said and threw a question at him. "You never answered me before. Do you love WooHyun?" DongWoo felt his own cheeks flood with colour. "How can you know the difference between love and lust? WooHyun obviously loves one of us and lusts after the other but who is who?" He burst, expecting a dramatic response from the younger. DongWoo just laughed and took the car down a loop, turning almost 360 degrees before leaving the side of the river and heading back towards the centre of Seoul.
     "Love is a constant feeling." DongWoo replied, checking the roads were clear as he came up to a junction. "Lust is that extreme feeling that comes and goes, where you act on something and maybe come to regret it later." SungGyu sunk back in his seat, staring out of the windshield. "My guess is that you're acting in lust because you don't want to hurt WooHyun's feelings but you're starting to wonder...if you keep getting caught up you'll actually start loving him." DongWoo was too good at reading him sometimes. "Did it turn you on, watching him?"
     He ignored DongWoo's question. "You still haven't answered my question." SungGyu pouted, pulling his phone out of his pocket to check the time. "I wonder if the others are awake..." He mumbled, more to himself than DongWoo. The younger hadn't heard him anyway, he was too busy drowning in his thoughts and driving them safely through the streets. "DongWoo ah..." SungGyu called, receiving no reply. "Yah! DongWoo!" He shouted, making him flinch and look across with wide eyes. "Sorry...We better head back."
     DongWoo nodded and indicated to turn left, bringing them onto the road that headed up to Yonsei university. He turned left again and headed back in the direction they came, still thinking about what SungGyu had said. "What I feel isn't important. This is WooHyun's mess and the only way he's going to get out of it is to decide what he really wants." He stated finally, SungGyu looked down at his hands. "If your heart isn't in it then you have to tell him so he can start to get over you. You can't string him along, that would make you as bad as he is."
     It was obvious DongWoo was referring to Hyeri. "She tried to force herself on him last night." SungGyu informed him, knowing WooHyun would have told him himself eventually. DongWoo's eyes shot across his meet his, shock written all over his face. "He wanted to let her down gently but after she did that he lost his temper...I hope the backlash isn't too bad..." DongWoo shook his head and remembered he was driving. Fixing his eyes on the road once more, he indicated left and took them down the road that led to mapo-gu station.
     A text came through to DongWoo's phone. Pulling the device out of his pocket, he dropped it into SungGyu's lap. "It's probably for you." He passed the station and carried on straight, taking the next major left turning so he could drive up the one way street the right way. SungGyu opened the message, it was from WooHyun, asking if he knew where SungGyu was and what they were doing today. "You can reply."
     SungGyu sent a message back saying they were in the carpark and that the others should meet them in the lobby in five minutes. He gave the phone back to DongWoo as the younger pulled into their usual bay and turned off the engine. "DongWoo...?" The younger grunted to show he was listening. "Will you talk to WooHyun? He appreciates your advice just as much as I do..." Their eyes met and DongWoo nodded without saying a word.

     They met the younger members in the lobby, DongWoo excused himself to put the car keys back in the dorm before he lost them and told the others he'd meet them there. SungGyu gestured to WooHyun to go with him and led the remaining four members out of the building. Running and slipping into the elevator as the doors closed, WooHyun turned to face DongWoo and tilted his head. "Hyung? Are you alright?"
     "SungGyu and I had a chat..." DongWoo stated, not meeting his eyes. WooHyun looked away, worried about what was going to come of this. He'd realised something was wrong as soon as he woke up and found SungGyu wasn't in bed with him. It had hurt him more to discover the elder had slept in his own bed rather than joining him again. "He told me Hyeri tried to force herself on you last night." A ripple of relief ran through WooHyun's body. He nodded, looking up at DongWoo again.
     The doors opened and they walked the short distance to the dorm without saying a word to each other. As soon as the apartment door closed, WooHyun grabbed DongWoo's arms and pulled himself into his chest for a hug. The elder's arms closed around him, rubbing his back soothingly. "DongWoo hyung..." He mumbled into DongWoo's chest, burying his face deeper into the soft fabric of his shirt. "He tossed me off last night..." DongWoo hummed above him and WooHyun guessed SungGyu had already filled him in on the details. "I'm so confused..."
     "I know..." DongWoo replied softly, squeezing his shoulders. "I know you are and I know it hurts..." It dawned on WooHyun that he was probably feeling how DongWoo had felt when this all started. He lifted his head to look up at the elder male and wondered how he could possibly keep that wonderful smile looking so natural. "But you have to remember, SungGyu's never had any gay tendencies before. Everything he does with you is going to sit awkwardly with him for a while."
     The desire to poke fun at WooHyun for last night had faded. Seeing both members so torn up over what they'd done wasn't something he was going to take lightly. WooHyun let his head drop against DongWoo's chest again and sighed heavily. "WooHyun..." He didn't really want to ask this but now that SungGyu had mentioned it to him, it seems like a necessary question. "Are you sure you love him and it's not just lust?"
     Forcing himself away from DongWoo, WooHyun stared at him in horror. "How could you ask such a thing?" He spat, tears forming in his eyes. "You know how much I want him, I stopped myself from doing things with you because I love him! And now you have the balls to ask me if I'm lying?" DongWoo hadn't expected that reaction at all, he reached forward but WooHyun slapped his hand away. "Maybe I was wrong to trust you. You don't understand me at all!"
     If he hadn't moved when he did, the front door would have hit him in the face as WooHyun threw it open. Watching him flee down the corridor, DongWoo sighed and hit his forehead against the door. "Nice one, idiot." He scolded himself. Dropping the car keys onto the table in the living room, DongWoo closed the door after him and made sure it was locked before running the short distance to the elevator and jabbed the button repeatedly.
     By the time he got outside WooHyun was nowhere to be seen. Hoping he'd gone to the training room instead of choosing now to disappear off the face of the earth, DongWoo made his way there as fast as he could. Crowds of tourists, traffic lights changing as he reached the curb, fangirls appearing from nowhere wanting his autograph...everything seemed to want to stop him getting to the studio quickly.
     Finally reaching his destination, DongWoo almost tripped down the stairs in his haste and forced himself to slow down. He had to enter the pin twice because his hands were shaking too much. Slamming the handle down, he threw the door open and stared at the five members inside. "Where's WooHyun?" SungGyu straightened up and gave him a confused look.
     "I thought he was with you?"