Chapter 17

Back Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Mina's pov]

Aimi went out to change my basin of water after I vomitted.

I smiled as Tzuyu entered the room.

The physicians ran in and out of my chambers, changing water multiple times.

"Sister!!" Tzuyu came over as I coughed violently, leaning over and coughed out blood.

Tzuyu patted my back as Jina helped me change the basin of water and handed me a cup of water.

"Thank you." I smiled and sat up again.

"Where's Aimi?"

"Sister...?" I coughed again and continued coughing out blood.

"Zhu'er!" Aimi came over and pat my back

Tzuyu wiped my mouth and helped me drink the cup of water.

"Wang'ye!" I turned and saw Bambam who came in and froze.

[Bambam's pov]

I just reached the entrance of the Kumpimook Palace. I won the war and the Emperor allowed me to return home to rest, buying some snacks on the way back for Mina since she just gave birth. I entered and saw the head butler shaking.

"What is it?"

"Wang'y-ye.."

"Speak!"

"Fu'ren.. Fu'ren..."

"Mina..." I rushed to Mina's chambers to see physicians running in and out.

I turned to the head butler, "What is going on here."

"This-"

I got annoyed, "This or that! Stop spouting nonsense and speak. What happened!"

"Fu'ren has been in weak health.. the physicians said that she doesn't have long to live."

I grabbed the butler's collar, "Trash! Why did no one tell me?"

"Fu'ren ordered.. Wang'ye is not allowed to know about it."

I released my grip and rushed into Mina's chambers, to see her leaned over as Tzuyu helped pat her back while Mina coughed out blood. I froze in my tracks.

"Wang'ye!" Tzuyu did a deep squat and Aimi helped pat Mina's back again.

I approached Mina, "Go down."

Tzuyu nodded and left with the physicians with Aimi.

"Wang'ye.." Mina held out her hand to me, I took it and sat on the bed kissing her hand.

"How did you land in this state..." Mina wiped my tear.

"Wang'ye, don't cry.. I kept my promise to Yerin."

"Yerin..?"

"Wang'ye.. I promised Yerin I would protect Taemin with my life and I did."

"Why.."

Mina shook her head, "Wang'ye, I did so many wrong things against Yerin and I know I have little left. Protecting Yerin and Taemin is the only way to let Khun live."

"Khun..? Where is he?"

"He is under Yerin's watch... Yerin promised to take care of him until you return.. Wang'ye, I kept my promise... I protected Khun, are you proud?"

I shook my head as tears fell, "Wang'ye don't cry.. I want to leave happily.."

"No.. Mina, you promised me you would stay."

Mina nod her head, "I'm sorry... Wang'ye I broke that promise."

"But.. Wang'ye don't blame anyone.. if you must blame me.. In this life I did nothing but hate. This is the first and last thing I did for you.. I'm powerless, I can't protect my own son."

I kissed her hand again as she let out a sigh of relief.

"Wang'ye.. be careful of Jennie and Momo... keep Khun from them. Promise me to protect Khun!"

I nod, "I will.. I will protect you too."

Mina shook her head , "Wang'ye.. in this life, I met you and I am happy even though.."

Mina let out a violent cough as her face turned pale, "Even though the times we spent were short... I thank God for it."

She smiled weakly with her pale lips as I held her in my embrace, "Wang'ye, in my next life.. I promise to meet you again, as a better women. Someone who would make you proud"

I shook my head as hot tears streamed down my cheeks, "No.. don't! Mina!"

"How nice... You are next to me, I have never felt so loved before." She held up the locket I gifted her and smiled, placing it in my hand., "Wang'ye... I kept my promise.. I waited for you to return. Tell Khun I'm sorry for being useless and powerless.."

"Mina.." 

"Wang'ye... I know it is the first time for me to give you requests. Please let Arim marry someone good, she suffered with me but never once has she ever complained." I nod and kissed her hands

She smiled and leaned against my chest, "Thank you for seeing me off this way... Wang'ye, let's meet in our next life."

She closed her eyes and her hand dropped my grip. I looked at her pale face as she continued smiling.

"Mina! Mina!" I shook her slightly but no response came.

Arim rushed in, "Zhu'er!"

The physician checked on her and kneeled down, "I am incapable.. Fu'ren has gone."

The servants all kneeled and cried, "Fu'ren! Fu'ren!"

I hugged Mina tightly as I burst into tears.

I walked to my study and Arim followed behind.

"Say, what happened?"

Arim kneeled down, "Zhu'er told me to send A-ge over to Jung's Clan because only Heshuo Gege can help her.. before Zhu'er left, she said she was really happy to meet Master and wishes it can happen in her next life."

"Then what about protection? Jennie and Momo?"

"That.. This slave doesn't know but Zhu'er said that Lady Jennie and Lady Momo wants to harm young master Khun and so she asked Yerin to take care of Khun.."

I got up and headed to Yerin's pavilion.

[Yerin's pov]

"Zhu'er... Lady Mina is gone!"

I sighed as a tear dropped, "It's all my fault."

Eunha took my handkerchief and wiped my tears.

"Right.. send some gifts to Kumpimook's clan and the Myoui's.. I will visit the Myoui's Clan in a few days."

Eunha bend her knees and lowered her head, "Ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter