Chapter 10

Back Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Eunbi's pov]

I was walking around the Jung's Clan garden with Sohee supporting my right arm and two of my servants from Hwang's clan, Somin and Soobin followed me in pairs with their heads down. Sohee was fanning me while holding up her right fist to support me. Suddenly, I see a noble man practicing his sword skills in the garden, I stood at the shelter and watched.

"Sohee, who is that?" I asked as Sohee glanced at the man slightly.

"Zhu'er, that is Lady Yerin's older brother. The heir apparent of Juying qinwang. Master Jung was promoted and named Ying Qinwang after he had successfully won the war against the Burmese and they could sign a treaty for negotiations. When Lady Yerin's older brother was born, he got the title of qinwang because the Emperor named that Master Jung's heirs would not be demoted by rank but hold the same rank. Lady Yerin was given the title, 'heshuo gege'." I nod and listened to Sohee's words.

A servant came over and did a deep squat, "Give thanks to Junwang Gege."

I smiled and signalled to stand up

The servant turned to me, "Junwang Gege! Fu'ren is waiting for you!"

"Alright, let's go."

held out my hand which Sohee took and supported me. I glanced at him one last time before I left, following the maid servant.

[Yerin's pov]

I sat down while drinking Tea as Eunbi entered with Sohee

Eunbi did a deep squat while Sohee kneeled, "Duolun Gege greets Ying Fujin."

Mother smiled and lifted her right hand to signal for her to stand up. Eunbyul walked over and helped Eunbi up with Sohee.

"Seat down then." Eunbi sat next to me as Eunbyul served Eunbi tea.

I smiled and took a sip of tea while Eunbi fiddled with her handkerchief nervously, I smiled and placed my teacup down as Mother watched Eunbi.

"Just like how Dao Fujin looked when she was young." Eunbi looked up and stood up, bending her knees slightly while Sohee did a deep squat.

I chuckled, "Er'niang, you're making Eunbi nervous now." I smiled as Mother signalled her to sit down.

"Eunbi-ah don't be nervous. I won't bite you." Mother smiled as she held onto her prayer beads started moving them between her fingers, "Make yourself at home, if there is anything you need. Don't hesitate to inform us."

"Thank you Fujin." Eunbi stood up and did a deep squat with Sohee.

Mother waved her hand and let her stand up, "Alright. We're all family. The Jungs and Hwangs have always been in great relationship with each other for the past 200 years. Your Father helped the Lord in Court, I have many thanks for him."

Eunbi smiled and bend her knees slightly, "Thank you Fujin."

"Yerin-ah, Mother is glad to see you back." I smiled, "Mother, I missed you too."

Mother smiled, "Now, we just have to wait for the clan meetings to see what we can do with Myoui's Clan."

"Fu'ren, Myoui Mina has been so inferior to the heshuo gege. This is disrespectful to the Lord." Eunbi said.

"You seem nervous but when you speak you still have some charisma."

Eunbi gave a slight bow in her seat, "As Fujin said, Jungs and Hwangs been of good relations. Sister has always been good to me." 

Mother nodded, "Yerin-ah. You have to prepare for the clan's meeting nicely. It will be the time when you will be introduced as the heshuo gege."

I smiled nod, "I won't let you down Mother." 

I stood up and did a deep squat with Eunbi and our servants and we left, "See you soon Er'niang."

"Sister, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter