Chapter 14

Back Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Eunbi's pov]

"Zhu'er!" I looked up from Yerin and saw Somin enter with a basket.

"What is that?" 

Somin came over and kneeled down, "Zhu'er, Lao'ye sent something over from the Hwang's Clan!"

I opened the basket and saw a puppy in it.

 "So cute!" I carried the puppy out.

Yerin reached over and petted my puppy, "It is a pekingese."

"Did Father send any note?" Somin handed an envelope.

“Eunbi.. How is it there? Having fun? I sent you this puppy so that I can be your friend while you are there.. I hope you like it!”

~Dao Junwang of the Hwang Clan

I smiled while reading the letter, "Father sent it over so I can have a partner."

"Lao'ye dotes you very much, Zhu'er." I smiled while keeping the envelope properly.

"Sister! I'll go off first!"

I stepped off the chair while Sohee helped me down as I'm carrying the puppy. I did a half squat while Sohee did a full squat and Somin kneeled. They stood up and ran after me as I placed the puppy down and ran off with the puppy chasing me.

"Zhu'er! Zhu'er!" Sohee called as she chased me with Soobin and Somin.

I ran while looking at the puppy at my feet who was chasing me.

"Zhu'er! Be careful!" I bumped into someone, nearly tripping but the person held his hand out to prevent me from falling and the servants kneeled down immediately.

I looked up rubbing my head and saw Qinwang, I did a deep squat immediately, "Give thanks to Gao Qinwang!"

He smiled and held out a hand and help me stand up, "Are you okay?"

I smiled and nodded, looking at the puppy who stood at my feet.

"You have a puppy?"

I nodded, "Ah'ma sent it to me earlier."

He squatted down and pet the dog, "Have a name for him?" 

I smiled as the puppy returned to my feet, "I will name it soon."

"Tell me if you need help with the name."

I blushed and nodded, "Thank you Qinwang.."

"Qinwang..?" He chuckled, "Why not call me brother? Just like Yerin."

"But.." 

He smiled, "Makes us feel closer.."

I smiled and nodded, "Yes.."

[Yerin's pov]

I walked towards the garden fanning myself with Eunha holding a basket, walking by my side and two servants behind.

"What is it?" I took my fan from her and fanned myself

"Zhu'er!" Eunha stood up and signalled to something.

I followed her eyes and saw brother and Eunbi, using my fan to hide my chuckle.

"Zhu'er, why are you laughing?" Eunha asked

"I have never seen brother so devoted.."

I decided to stand at the side with the servants forming a line behind me.

"Zhu'er, what are you planning to do??"

"Shush, do not speak."

Eunha nodded as I looked at them. I smirked and walked towards Brother and Eunbi who were talking. Eunha in front of the two servants and followed me.

Eunbi took a step back as Brother turned to me,"Yerin?"

I used the fan to cover my smile, "What are you guys doing?"

"I bumped in brother Hoseok.."

"Brother?" I raised an eyebrow and looked at my brother who's face turned red.

"Alright enjoy." I bend my knees slightly wth Eunha while the servants did a quick kneel and followed me and I left, chuckling.

The two servants stood at the side while Eunha followed me to the pavilion. I sat down and looked at the scenery as the scene replayed in my head, chuckling to myself

"Zhu'er, what are you thinking of?" Eunha asked as she opened the basket, taking out tea and cookies.

I smiled and drank the tea, "What do you think of my brother and Eunbi?"

Eunha bend her knees slight and answered my question, "Duolun Gege and Wang'ye seem like they like each other."

"Really?" I smiled and place my cup down, "But the nanny said that the Hirai clan ordered her to hurt Taemin."

Eunha nodded, "Zhu'er, you have a plan?"

"Search the nanny's items and then send her out of Jung's clan. We will find something."

"But if we don't..?"

I smirked, "She will have to relay to them, one way or another. Keep watch on her after she leaves." 

"Yes, Zhu'er," I nod.

"Anything on Mina?" I asked as Eunha leaned over and whispered.

I raised an eyebrow, "What? Married to the Kumpimooks?"

Eunha nodded, "Beile Gege has married into the Kumpimook clan."

[Mina's pov]

The wedding ceromony just ended and I waited in my chambers, he lifted up my veil and I met eyes with him.. I was stunned by his charming face.

"Are you okay?" I blushed and nodded.

He chuckled, "Nervous?"

I shook my head, "I'm just shock.. I didn't expect you to look-"

He smiled and nodded, "Let's sleep.. I'm tired.." 

He pulled me into his arms and fell asleep.

The sun shone bright...

"Zhu'er!" I woke up into a unfamiliar surrounding and saw Aimi.

Arim turned, "Zhu'er is awake!!"

A few servants entered my bed chambers with trays.

"Arim.. this is?" I asked.

"Zhu'er, you just got married to the Junwang of Kumpimook Clan.. We are at the Kumpimook Palace"

"Junwang..?"

"Zhu'er, have you forgotten? Wang'ye has been elevated as Junwang.."

I nod as the first servant stepped up with a teacup of water and another with a vase to let me gargle, a third servant came in holding a basin and a cloth hanging from the side. The two servants kneeled in front of me as I took the teacup and gargled. I covered the side of my mouth and spit out the water, wiped my mouth with the handkerchief available and placed the handkerchief down as the two servant retreated. The third servant came forward and I dipped the cloth in water, wringing it dry and wiping my face. The last servant retreated and Aimi helped me wear my shoe, then she stood up and supported my hand as I stood up and walked to my vanity where Aimi helped me brush my hair, dipping the comb in a basin of rose petal water after every brush.

"Zhu'er, this slave sees that you are in a good mood today." I nod.

"Wang'ye was so charming.." I smiled.

Arim brushed my hair "Zhu'er, are you forgetting about Master Kim?"

I didn't answer her as Arim brushed my hair for two hours.

"Come in!' Arim said as two servants came in, holding trays.

One holding a dress and another holding onto my shoes.

"Change the dress into something plain and keep the shoes." The servants bowed and retreat to change my orders.

Arim helped me tie my a strand of hair into braids and tied the remaining hair into a bun, inserting a hair stick in it and adding some hairpins on the side of the bun.

"Zhu'er, now you are a primary consort, Fu'ren and in-charge of the things that happen in the Kumpimook clan."

I nod, "Right... I'm a Fu'ren. No longer the girl who loves Master Kim."

The servant came in with a pastel blue outfit and helped me with my inner dress and my outer dress, wearing it over my sleeping outfit.

I sat down for breakfast in my chambers, "Zhu'er.. I heard that A-ge was poisoned."

"What?"

"But.. Zhu'er it was not our doing."

I sighed, "But.. they might think it is our doing.. I did harm A-ge before but.."

"Zhu'er, it was done by the Beizi Gege of the Hirai Clan."

"Momo did it?"

I bit my lips, "Yerin might think it was my doing..."

Arim nodded, "Prepare the carriage, I'll go to the Jung's after breakfast."

"Zhu'er! We didn't do anything wrong..."

"Which is why we need to go there and apologize."

I stood up as Arim held my hand to support me. I left the Palace and took the carriage to the Jung's

[Yerin's pov]

Eunmin entered and did a half squat, "Zhu'er, Junwang Fujin is here to see you."

"Junwang Fujin?" Eunmin nodded as I turned to Eunha.

"Myoui Clan's Gege got married to the Kumpimook Clan."

I nod, "Send her in."

Mina entered with Arim holding her hand. Eunha did a half squat to her as Arim gave me a half squat.

"Sit then." I said as I held onto my ruyi scepture and Mina took a seat next to me while Eunmi brought tea over.

I glanced at her, "Here after harming Taemin.. you have the guts."

Mina looked at me, "I did humiliate you, I admit I broke you and Master Kim apart 4 years ago.. I admit I wanted Master Kim to myself.. I admit I humiliated you in front of everyone.. But, I did not harm Taemin!"

I smirked, "Really?"

Mina stood up, "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter