Chapter 9

Back Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Mina's pov]

"Zhu'er!" I was sitting in my living quaters while drinking tea as Arim entered my living quaters

Arim came beside me and bend her knees slightly before standing up quickly, "Zhu'er! I heard that Master Kim had suspicions about Lady Yerin and screened her background.

"Did they find anything?" I placed my teacup down and wiped my lips with my silk handkerchief

"No Zhu'er, Lady Yerin's background had been successfully removed." I slammed my hand on the table.

Arim kneeled down quickly, "Zhu'er! Please cease your anger!"

I gripped onto my table angrily, "But.. Zhu'er, I also heard something else."

I released my grip and looked at Arim, "Oh? Stand up and say it then."

Arim stood up and whispered to me, "Zhu'er! I heard that Lady Yerin was seen with the Jung clan's master."

I smirked, "Really? I guess we should help her enter the Jung's Clan then.."

[Yerin's pov]

Eunha was fanning me at the side while I ate some cookies and read books.

"Zhu'er, Wang'ye to see you." I nodded and placed my books down, Eunha held my right hand as I stood up in my flower pot shoes and stepped down from my chair.

I walked out to the Hall and did a deep squat while Eunha kneeled, "I give thanks to the Wang'ye."

"You don't have to give thanks to me." I shot my head up and kneeled down instead while Eunha kowtowed behind me.

"How dare you lie to me and have an affair with Master Jung." Taehyung said as Hoshi held a tray over, I saw the clan's locket in it.

"Since you see it that way.. I have nothing to say. I accept all punishments." I gave a full bow thrice and left with Eunha.

[Taehyung's pov]

I watched as Yerin left with Eunha and signalled to Hoshi next to me.

"Hoshi, send my orders. Yerin to leave the residence with nothing. Not a single item except what she came with. She can take Eunha, Taemin and Jung Ho with her if she'd like." Hoshi nodded and left the room.

'How can she betray me..' I gripped onto the table in anger.

"Master.. Don't get angry." I turned and looked at a familiar figure, Mina

I smiled as Mina stepped closer and sat on my lap as I held her in my arms.

[Yerin's pov]

"Zhu'er... what do we do now?" I smirked, "Don't sigh, makes my head hurt."

I changed into outfits civilians wore, a shoe of a lower height.

"Have the other servants left?" Eunha nodded, "I gave them silver taels and they all left."

I smiled and looked at the room one last time, "Contact brother, tell him I'm coming back."

Eunha nodded and held my right hand in her left hand while her right hand supported my back as I walked to the entrance of the Kim's Residence.

"You took so long to climb yet your downfall is so quick.." I turned and see Mina, in a lady's outfit.

She approached me and slapped me in the face, "Remember this slap."

I smirked and turned to her while Eunha was worried for me, "I will. And one day I will return this slap back to you." I left with Eunha as Taemin and Jung Ho followed me.

We left the Kim's residence and I found a carriage, I handed some taels and entered the carriage with Taemin while Jung Ho and Eunha stood at the side, The carriage brought me to a street and I came down with Taemin, to avoid suspicion as I know Taehyung's men are following me. Eunha held my arm while I held onto Taemin's hand, to not lose him. We walked into the markets and I looked around for streetfood. We came to a rice cake stall.

"Zhu'zi, these are not clean-"

"Shush and let me eat."

"Say more and I will leave you here." With that Eunha kept quiet.

I paid for the red bean rice cakes and let Taemin have a bite, "Is it nice?"

Taemin nodded, "Jung Ho, pack some." We looked around the market and when it was crowded.

"Zhu'er, it's time." I nodded and Jung Ho carried Taemin, making it easier to move.a

We reached the entrance and the guards stopped us. I held up my locket and we entered Jung's Clan, I was brought to the main hall immediately with Eunha. I entered with Eunha supporting my arm, I kneeled on the floor with Taemin, Eunha and Jung Ho, in front of my parents and my brother.

"Heshuo Gege of the Jung Clan, Jung Yerin. Greets her parents." I kowtowed and Taemin along with Eunha and Jung Ho followed.

My Mother was crying softly, she wiped her tears as her maid, Eunbyul comforted her.

"You have the-" Father was about to scold me but mother stopped him, she stood up and kneeled with Eunbyul

"Lao'ye, forgive her. As long as she came back well and with a grandson for us." Father sighed and signalled for us to stand up.

"Let her seat down." Eunha bowed to Mother and held my arm to my seat next to brother, she then stood behind my chair.

Taemin decided to approach him, "Mafa!" Mother smiled at Taemin's actions and carrassed Taemin who fell asleep in her arms.

"Jung Ho, good work in protecting the lady. Bring A-ge down now." Jung Ho bowed, "Yes, Lao'ye." 

Jung Ho took Taemin from mother's arms and left with Eunbyul who helped find a room for Taemin by mother's order.

"Yerin-ah.. what happened to your face?" Mother asked as she glanced at my swollen cheeks.

I tried to cover my swollen cheeks but winced in pain, "N-no Er'niang."

"You still lie, your cheeks are so swollen." I looked at Father who was putting up a tough frame. 

Mother glanced at Father, "Lao'ye, you were the most worried for her when she left the house. Now that she's back.."

Father let out a grumble, "She's my daughter after all."

"Yes, My Lord." Mother turned to face me, "Eunha right?"

Eunha turned to face mother and did a half squat with her hands in front of her stomach, "Yes Fu'ren." 

"You say what happen." Eunha nodded.

"This servant answers Madame's question. Zhu'zi was leaving the Kim's residence when Lady Myoui came up and slapped mistress. Zhu'er was slapped on unground reasons and humiliated in front of servants. Lady Myoui asked Zhu'er to remember the slap and her position."

Mother turned to Eunha, "Lady Myoui?"

Eunha nodded, "Lady Myoui, beile gege of the Myoui Clan."

Father slammed his hands down on the table startling us, "This Lady of Myoui is getting more and more outrageous."

"Lao'ye, cease your anger." Mother smiled at Eunha.

"You are very loyal.."

Eunha bend her knees again, "Zhu'er is good to me, I don't dare to lie."

Mother smiled and nodded, "Eunha, bri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter