Countdown

The Little Things and Other Possibilities

6:40:00 PM

Twenty minutes.

He only had twenty minutes before his work is finished. He timed it precisely at 7PM and did all of the hard paperwork first. He interrogated the people who kept coming in the office without a single beat missed. He didn't have the time to beat around the bush, and he wanted all of his clients to give him answers that were straight to the point. The rest? Well, he passed the others to Mr. Bang instead, since if they kept giving him nonsensical answers he might explode at any given minute. He examined and typed all of the paperwork as fast as possible. He then silently prayed to the gods above that no one would add more paperwork to his desk, considering that the last few cases on his desk were minor ones that could be easily examined. He looked at the clock a lot, and Mr. Bang seemed to notice that too. 

"Don't be too excited now, Prosecutor-nim. Let's hope District Attorney Choi doesn't give you more than what you ask for. " He taunted him as he was about to head out for the day, but the prosecutor only cursed in impatience as he heard his colleague shut the door on his way out.

 

6:45:00 PM

He was more than halfway towards the last paperwork of the day.

As he typed some parts of the report, he wrote the evidences and the other details inside his notebook, just so he could take note of the parts of the report that seemed to be important for the prosecution and will be under further investigation, just in case they could find more evidences. Just a few more. He thought to himself. A little bit more before this day ends. He couldn't help but be excited for the thought of coming home this early. Suddenly, an image forms in his mind. He could imagine her eyes shining in happiness seeing him after a long day. Heck, even her smile was enough to give him a little push to finish his work. When he finally pressed the period button on his keyboard, he sighed to himself in relief. He finally finished everything he needed to do before the day ended, and he was thankful that he was done for the day. It was also a relief that there wasn't a heavy case that was assigned to him this week, which meant for more time at home, and boy, he was ready to step out of the office any time soon.

 

6:50:00 PM

Once his suitcase was filled with the files he could work with at home, he finally turned off the light on his desk and happily walked out of his office. Once he got to his car, he drove to the Golden Gate restaurant in Ilsan to buy some jjajangmyeon and some sweet and sour pork. But alas, there was a bit of a traffic jam by the stoplight, which caused him to scratch his nape in annoyance. He then looked at the food he bought, and also the little paper bag in the backseat. He suddenly sighed and smiled to himself. Just a little more. He thought. It will be worth it.

 

7:29:55 PM

As much as he wanted to come home at exactly 7 PM, of course the entire universe had other plans. The pace of the cars were slow due to an accident in the middle of the road, and it was a miracle that he didn't curse out at the drivers in front of him the entire time. But once he was finally pulling up by the driveway by the house, a sudden surge of happiness suddenly came over in his chest. He grabbed the food and the paper bag from the back seat and closed the car behind him. Five seconds. He opens the gate to his home. Four. He walks towards the door. Three. He adjusts his belongings in his hands. Two. He slips off his shoes. One. He slips on his slippers. Zero. He opens the door.

 

7:30:00 PM

He hears a gasp, and suddenly, a small, quaint voice shouts.

"Appa! Appa!" The little girl shouts for her father, trying her best as she walks towards him. She just learned how to walk a week ago, but seeing how she walked towards him with such determination was enough to remove all of the tiredness in his body. He actually felt like crying just seeing her getting closer to him. He saw her shining eyes, just like her mother's eyes whenever she sees him, and the smile on her face, just like his own smile whenever he sees her mother (well, that's what Bong Hee said). When she finally reached her father, he dropped his belongings by his side and scoops her in his arms and nuzzles his face in the crook of her neck, and kissing her cheek.

"Appa's here." He spoke to her, and she smiles at him so wide that it made his heart skip a few beats. Ah, this child will be the death of me. He thought.

"Appa is so proud of you, my little cheonsa." He said as he fixed her hair. Suddenly, another set of footsteps come along, and his wife finally comes into view, wearing her normal house clothes with a towel on her shoulder and her hair up in a bun. He sneaks from his little cheonsa to give Bong Hee a quick kiss on the lips, but the little girl was quick enough to block her parents, putting a hand between her mother and her father's lips. The two of them laughed at their child for the sudden move. 

"Ah, I guess I have some competition now." Bong Hee joked at her husband, only for him to respond to her with a quick kiss on her lips before their child stops him again.

"Come on, both of you are the most important women in my life right now, aside from my eomma of course." He chuckled, grabbing his wife for a hug, with their little child in between them who was a bit uncomfortable with the situation, causing them to break apart early. He then gave his little girl the paper bag, and when she opened it, the child squealed in delight, holding a little plush bunny that he bought during his lunch break a few hours ago. Once he settled the food he bought from the table, a pair of arms suddenly wrap around his waist, and when he turned around, he sees his wonderful wife, whom he kissed in relief.

It was true that the married life can be a bit different from what it was before, especially when you're a father. But with the way they're seated at the dining table, with how he watched his wife and his daughter giggle at each other, he thought to himself that no matter how hard the cases or no matter how late he'll be done with his work, coming home to his family will be the best reward he'll ever have for himself for the rest of his life. 

___

A/N: Well...that was a long drabble oops hahahhahaha

I hope you guys enjoy this one too. It's a bit messy at some parts so I'm sorry if there are any inconsistencies. Hope you guys enjoy this one as well!