Sway Me To Sleep

The Little Things and Other Possibilities

She comes back from a visit to her friend's house to the sound of classical music playing.

She finds it weird that the sound of violins can be heard by the driveway. At first, she thought the neighbors felt the need to listen to Mozart, but then she realized how the neighbors weren't really fond of classical music at all. She puts on her slippers to enter the house, but when she finally opens the door, the sight was quite...interesting to say the least.

Noh Ji Wook was dancing (or creaking?) to say the least to the music. It was if his dance was a mix of interpretative dancing and robotic dancing, but she had to hand it to him that he wasn't off-tempo. She wasn't sure if he was drunk or not for him to do these things, and she's somewhat thankful that he's doing this inside the house, because she would completely dissociate herself from him if he danced like this outside the house. She was about to close the door when suddenly her step caused a floorboard to creak. Ji Wook suddenly turns to the direction of the door, frozen in his spot. Bong Hee was also frozen in her spot, unsure what to do with this situation and with this information she just saw.

"Uhm..." He started to speak. "They said if you tire yourself a bit before you sleep, you'll get to sleep a little deeper."

She was silent, unsure if she could just laugh at him or talk to him or anything. She observed him as he grabbed his cup of insomnia tea, his face flushed in embarrassment as he drank from the cup, while also cringing at the bitter taste. When he was about to turn off the music, footsteps were suddenly heard behind him, and the cup of tea was suddenly taken out of his hold. She suddenly placed the cup on the low table beside them, and as the music played, she grabbed a hold of his hands.

"Let me help you then." She spoke softly. She started slowly swaying each other back and forth, following the tempo of the music. It felt quite weird at first, but after a few moments, the two were laughing and dancing weirdly together, with Ji Wook spinning Bong Hee a little haphazardly to say the least. It didn't matter if he kept stepping on her foot or how he elbowed him at times, but with the way they're moving to the music together was enough for him to feel a little tired. As she watched him yawn, she knew it was working somehow. When the tempo of the music got a little slower than before, he made the move to guide his hands around his neck, and placed his arms around her waist. They swayed to the music together, foreheads pressed against one another as the sound of violins echoed in the space.

"Is it working?" She asked him, but he yawned in response, kissing her forehead a bit longer than usual.

"I thought you were coming home a bit late, so I kind of wanted to sleep early like you said, but of course it's not working so I kind of...you know..." He chuckled to himself as they danced together.

"Well..." She started, but she made her move to give him a soft kiss on his lips first before she said anything. "I'm kind of glad that you waited for me."

He smiled at the woman in his arms. "Well I'm glad you're here now so I can sleep."

"Did you just admit that you can't sleep without me?" She as they continued to dance, even when the music was done.

"You tell me." He shrugged in response, his voice low and gentle. The smile on his face as he held his woman never left, and just like a magnet to a metal, their lips once again met in a slow, soft kiss.

__

They wake up the next morning in the sofa together, probably after how Ji Wook almost fell asleep while kissing Bong Hee. He couldn’t exactly remember as to how they ended up in this position, but he somehow felt warm and safe with the way his arms wrapped around her while holding her small hands. Somehow, as he watched the sun shining its rays on the crevices of his floor, the thought comes to him: no matter how many cups of bitter insomnia tea that his body could take, nothing would ever make him feel more at ease than having her in his arms, their heartbeats beating as one.

 

___

A/N: This is a bit cliché omg please forgive me if it's a bit too much and if it's a little cringey to say the least. Hope you guys enjoy this one too!