The Science of Height Differences

The Little Things and Other Possibilities

Bang Eun Ho has had enough of it. Sure, he can handle an amount of romance in one day, considering how he likes his primetime dramas (and also because of this new woman he's seeing nowadays), but watching Ji Wook and Bong Hee being overtly lovey-dovey every day in the office is enough to give him diabetes, and at times, a headache. 

Today, the two are in an argument, and Eun Ho is about to meet his breaking point when he can't even focus on the case regarding someone under trial for murder because Ji Wook couldn't stop whining by the kitchen, followed by an exasperated answer from Bong Hee. The cycle continues until he's had enough of it, scraping his chair and stomping to the kitchen, only for the couple to keep on with their argument. 

"I’m already thinking that I’ll stop tiptoeing and wearing heels altogether. My feet are already having spasms from tiptoeing so long whenever we make out. " She rolled her eyes at him. 

"Are you kidding me? My neck always hurts whenever I bend down trying to kiss you and it would be harder if you're not wearing heels—"

"And mine as well! My neck is always straining from looking up at you because you're so freakishly tall!" 

"Oh wow, so it's my fault now for being tall is that how it is?"

”You’re the one that remarked about how short I am!”

"Are you two literally fighting over your height for kissing right now?" Eun Ho snapped at the two, causing them to look at him wide-eyed. "I could barely focus on my work right now because you two keep arguing over something as small as your height for kissing!" 

"Ya, Mister Bang, with all due respect but this is none of your business." Ji Wook interjected, causing Bong Hee to roll her eyes at her fiancé. 

"This is technically my business now because I'm literally so far off my work because you two can't stop whining in the damn kitchen! I mean, arguing over kissing heights? Who does that?"

"We do." The couple replied. 

"Well pardon me, Ji Wook, but this is literally an annoying argument. You know why? Because you two literally have the perfect height for forehead kisses! I even have to tiptoe slightly if I want to kiss my girlfriend on the forehead because we're almost at the same height especially when she's in heels and you could barely put in an effort in going in for a forehead kiss because your lips are literally by her head and forehead kisses are way cuter and softer than usual and you literally envelope her in your arms whenever you hug her and it's literally the cutest thing alive aside from whenever you hold each other for kisses because you literally envelope her in your arms like a blanket and let’s not forget about how adorable the manner legs are for a second because she’s so small and you’re so tall and—"

The chief investigator stops his rant, suddenly feeling surprised with his sudden word vomit. The couple look at him with an amused expression, with Bong Hee having her arms crossed and Ji Wook with his arms around her waist, his cheek planted on top of her head. 

"Were you always looking at us whenever we do something together, hyung?" Ji Wook raised his eyebrows. 

"I have a feeling he does." Bong Hee whispered before turning her head slightly to face him. "I always thought there would be someone who would peep at us whenever we do something, but I'd never thought it would be someone like Mister Bang." 

"Well, he is right in some aspects." Ji Wook placed his chin on the top of her head instead. "I mean, this is the right height for me to place a kiss on top of your head." 

Bong Hee stifled a giggle when he did just that, and it took all of Eun Ho's will to not roll his eyes on the couple. After all, they were getting married at some point, so might as well be used to it. 

"So, you appreciate my height now?" 

"I always did, despite at times getting strains from crouching down or doing manner legs for you. You're like a small little baby bunny." He spoke before pinching her chin. 

"What did I tell you about doing that?" She glared at him. 

"What? You're adorable and squishy!"

"Yeah, but pinching my chin too hard hurts too sometimes!” 

“But your chin is so soft! Even your cheeks are soft! You’re a soft little plushie!” 

“Right so if I pinch your cheek this hard,” she reached for his cheek, but he was too fast for her, and now he has a hold of her wrist while they wrestled each other on who gets to pinch each other’s cheeks, giggling and grunting over each other before Ji Wook finally enveloped his fiancé in a hug, while she struggled to move about in his arms. 

“See this is another problem about our height difference, I could barely breathe whenever you try to hug me!” Her words were muffled by his shoulder. 

“Wait, give me a second—“ Ji Wook started to lift Bong Hee up by the back of her legs so she could wrap them around his waist. 

“Did you guys forgot that I’m still here?” 

The pair awkwardly turned to face Mister Bang, a blank expression on his face as he stared at the two of them, still keeping the position that they’re in. 

“You know, if we take this entire thing out of context, the two of you look really dirty right now.” 

“What the hell are you even trying to say?” Bong Hee whined before retreating her face by Ji Wook’s shoulder to hide her embarrassment. 

“Are we really going to pretend that the two of you are innocent?” Eun Ho raised an eyebrow.

There was an awkward pause between the three of them, before he spoke again. "I’ll get back to my case. Remember to make your children in the bedroom and when you’re all alone!”

When he was a few steps away from the kitchen, he stopped to hear the pair giggling to themselves. He turned his back a bit to see Ji Wook placing multiple kisses on Bong Hee’s forehead, with Bong Hee standing in front of him with her arms around his waist. 

“He’s actually right, you know?” Bong Hee murmured. “It takes minimal effort for you to do forehead kisses with this height difference.” 

“Who knew you always liked forehead kisses?” He hummed by the top of her head. 

“This was probably one of the pettiest arguments we’ve ever had so far.” She wrapped her arms around him tighter. “And I thought the toothbrush one was the pettiest we can go.” 

“It’s still part of the list, and it will probably get longer once we get married.” He pinched her chin once more. “Are you up for it though? You won’t get tired of it?” 

“Nothing is tiring when it comes to you, Noh Ji Wook.” She flashed him a reassuring smile, and it was enough for Eun Ho to melt into a puddle watching Ji Wook break into a grin as he looked at her. 

“Likewise, Eun Bong Hee.” 

Bang Eun Ho has seen enough today, shaking his head from the events that just transpired. It was amazing how he only watched them interact before as prosecutor-mentee that hated each other’s guts, to being engaged and looking like they were willing to die for each other. Time and fate really had it’s ways, and he was just happy to see their love blossom, even though he already called it when they first saw each other at the prosecutor’s office. 

“Oh my two children,” Eun Ho sighed to himself as he reached his desk. “May you both walk the flowery path and be happy always.” 

__

A/N: 

Tag yourselves I’m Mister Bang lmao

 
I’ve been doing so many things right now but I decided to update this because yes I miss my children and what about it? Also some parts of this drabble have some basis to it if you look at it closely lol 😂

 
Also, I hope everyone supported Hyunie’s drama! (even tho I have no time at all I hope I find the time to do so ㅠㅠ)