(Sober) Mornings With You

The Little Things and Other Possibilities

They say that mornings with the love of your life by your side is one of the best feelings ever, but clearly there are some times that it can be a little...too much?

Noh Ji Wook jolts awake when he falls on his side of the bed with a loud thump, due to a kick on his lower back. He didn't even notice that he was near the edge of the bed until he was forcibly removed from it. Of course, his girlfriend Eun Bong Hee is still fast asleep, hogging the space where he slept.

Ah, this is what I get for having her sleep here when she's drunk, he thought to himself as his girlfriend continued to toss and turn in her sleep. It was one of those days where he thought he'd kiss her awake, but then he gets a nice kick in the morning as an exchange. Who needs an alarm if you got a semi-sober Level 4 Taekwondo athlete/lawyer as a girlfriend to kick you awake, right? 

He rolls his eyes at her in annoyance, but it doesn't take him too long to grab a glass of water in the kitchen at set it down by the bedside table. He sits by the sleeping figure, admiring the way her hair is messily covering her face while she's squishing herself on the pillow she's hugging in her slumber. He takes a moment to move her hair away from her face, and suddenly, the ounce of annoyance in him was suddenly swept away with seeing her face at peace. He smiles to himself, thinking about how lucky he is to have someone like her be at his side. But as much as he wanted to admire his woman at peace, he had to cook breakfast for the both of them before the lawyers come around the office. He leaves her in her slumber and made his way towards the kitchen. Of course, he first prepared the ingredients for his girlfriend's sulguk, before preparing the banchan and the rice for the mandu and the kongnamulguk. As he was halfway cooking the soups and the mandu, he heard the soft clatter of ceramic on the table, followed by the sound of metals being placed down by the table. When he was about to turn around, a pair of arms suddenly wrapped around his stomach, squeezing a him a bit, and the feel of her lips kissing his right shoulder, making him smile to himself.

"Did you sleep well?" Bong Hee asks, nuzzling her face into his broad back. His chuckle shakes his whole being, and she smiles to herself as she feels warm hearing the love of her life laugh in a subtle manner. 

"Well, I did...but someone woke me up by kicking me out of the bed." He said as he placed the cooked mandu on the plate he set by the stove. He then checked if the soups were cooking nicely, before turning towards her and looking at her with a pout on his face. 

"Wait...I kicked you out of the bed again?" She asks him with wide eyes. He nods with a pout before turning back to the stove and turning it off, checking again if the soups are ready by tasting it again. Once he was satisfied with the taste, he grabbed the bowls by the stove and poured the contents before setting it down the table for their breakfast, all while avoiding her. He turns towards her again, expecting a pout on her face with an apology on the tip of her tongue, but instead, he finds her pressing her lips together, holding the laughter that was about to erupt from her body. 

"Oops?" She spoke, a smile on her face as she looked at her boyfriend in amusement.

"You meant that, didn't you?" He asked her, his eyebrows raised in surprise, but then a devious smirk suddenly appeared on his face, causing Bong Hee to take a step back and let a chuckle slip past her lips before breaking into a sprint. 

"Come here!" He shouts as he chased her by the kitchen. She was laughing and shouting her apologies towards him until he grabbed her by the waist and set her by the counter near them.

"Say sorry." He pouts at her again, his hold not wavering as he moves himself in between her legs. She shakes her head in response before letting out a hearty laugh when he started tickling her.

"Okay! Okay, I'm sorry. I'm sorry!" She shouts in agony after a few seconds. His hands stopped tickling her and suddenly wrapped his arms around her waist, with her wrapping her legs around his waist in response.

"Can you please stop kicking me out of bed sometimes?" He spoke near her ear, in which she chuckles in response.

"I can't assure that, but I promise I'll be good next time." She replies, before pulling away from him and looking at him closely. She fixes his hair as he observed her in awe before leaning in for a kiss on . She gladly returns it though, but she suddenly mumbles on his lips. 

"Hmm?" He asked, leaving a little gap between their lips.

"The food's going to get cold." She laughed at him before trying to push him away and settle down, but he didn't budge. 

"I'll let you down if you say you love me." He pouts at her again.

"Okay, now you're being too much. Come on, we need to eat. I need to get rid of my hangover before the lawyers come in." She pleads in hunger, moving a little bit from the counter, but again, he doesn't move.

"Come on, you pushed me off the bed again. At least say it so I can feel a little better." He pleads at her again, and she shook her head at him.

"Aish, this man honestly." She laughs before tenderly kissing him again on the lips. "I love you." She whispers between the gap of their lips.

"What?" He whispers back, inching a little closer.

"I said I love you." She replies, moving a little closer to him.

"One more time." He whispers again, one little move and their lips would touch.

"I love—"

"I hope you two are not making me a grandchild this early in the day!" 

The couple broke apart in a split second, only to see CEO Byun standing by the doorway, with Eun Hyuk with his eyes covered. 

"Ya! How long have you been watching us?" Ji Wook shouted at the elder, shielding Bong Hee from the gazes of his colleagues. It didn't help that Bong Hee was only wearing his shirt and the lounge pants that he deemed were too small for him now. The woman behind him sighed and placed her head on his shoulder, suddenly feeling a little woozy from the sudden change of events.

"We just arrived. How did you not hear us come in the room, though?" CEO Byun replied, but before his son spoke, he cut him off as he walked towards his desk to place his things. "Wait, don't answer that. I'm ready to eat." 

Ji Wook shook his head at his adoptive father before looking at the Eun Hyuk, still with his eyes closed by the doorway. "Ya!" He shouted. "There's nothing to see here." 

He suddenly removed his hands from his eyes before sending the couple a funny look, but quickly dissipated when Ji Wook gave him an angry look. The lawyer suddenly kept his head down and went to his desk to settle his things. Ji Wook suddenly thanked his schedule that it was his day off today. He looked at the office first before turning towards his woman and giving her a kiss on the forehead, making sure the two lawyers didn't see the intimate gesture this time.

"Good morning, jagiya. Ready for breakfast?"

 

___

 

A/N: Please forgive me for some inconsistencies and some parts that are too cliché for words. Hope you all enjoy this chapter!