013

My Karma
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 


*Present time*

 

“Are you meeting someone here?” Moon Subin asks Doyoung. She tried to be as natural as she could. Doyoung is sitting across her, waiting for his iced Americano he ordered few minutes ago. Doyoung looks at her and smiles. “Yes, I was waiting for Taemin hyung. But I guess he’s not here yet.” He glances at the counter before looking at her again, making Subin blushes at his stare. She sips her drinks before giving a little smile at him.

 

Kim Doyoung is still good looking, Subin thought this young man is getting more handsome since high school days. His black hair is parted 4/6 with light bangs covering his forehead which makes him looks slick, and he’s wearing a brown sweatshirt with a black jeans, completing his boyfriend looks.

 

The waiter came with his drink and serves it on the table. Doyoung takes a sip before looking around. “Do you live in this area? What are you doing?” 

 

His question broke Subin out of her reverie and she nods. “Em, I live two blocks away from here with other students, I came here to do my assignment since there’s no one at home. Also, there’s food here.” She shows him her plate with a small beam. Doyoung laughs softly. “You are just hungry, right?” This girl is still adorable in her own way, Doyoung thought.

 

“Well, I guess so.” Subin snorts, agreeing with Doyoung. She continues eating her cake before typing something on her laptop. “By the way, aren’t you getting something to eat? Aren’t you hungry?” She asks while continuing her work. 

 

Doyoung pouts. “I think I’ll just wait for Taemin hyung. Forget about me, what assignment are you working on? What subject is this?” Doyoung stare at the screen, trying to understand the formulas he’s seeing but he fails. Subin stops typing to take a glance at him trying hard to get what she’s doing and she snorts. “It’s economic, Doyoung-ah. I’m trying to find some collection data for my assignment.” Doyoung diverts his attention from the screen to Subin, with his eyes wide open. Subin glares at him. “Don’t make that face, I know what that means. I’ve seen it from Hyemi and Byeol.” Doyoung bursts out laughing.

 

“Iyargh Moon Subin, I didn’t know you were this brilliant! Are you studying in business?” Doyoung covers his mouth, still unbelievable at this revelation. Subin’s eyes already getting smaller. “Did everyone think I’m stupid before?” She arching her left eyebrow, signalling she’s annoyed with the current topic. Doyoung realises his mistake and stand up straight while waving his arm off at her. “That’s not what I meant. It’s just, that’s totally different from our major in high school.”


Subin nods slowly. “Ah, I guess you didn’t know. After you transferred to Kaywon High, I also transferred to other school in the second year, Doyoung-ah.” She beams a smile. Doyoung is surprises by her words. “You did? I didn’t know about it.” Doyoung furrows his eyes, trying to digest the information he never knew before. 


Well, there’s a reason why he didn’t know about it. At the end of their first year in high school, Doyoung’s parents urged him to change to other school so that he’d be able to stay at home and focus more on studying. According to him, it was his mother’s wish to take care of him at home since his brother already graduated and she felt she didn’t do much for her sons. And following few months later, Subin also decided to change school.


“But why?” Doyoung asks with a confused face. Subin smiles. “Well, things happened..”

 

 

 

 

*********

*Past time*

 


“Ah, it’s boring now since Doyoung transferred to other school. I feel lonely.” Byeol sighed, laying her head on the table. They just finished math’s class and preparing for self-study period. Subin who was staring outside the window nodded at her friend’s words. “I kinda agree with you. It’s too calm. Usually both of you would be bickering at the corridor by now.” Byeol sobbed at her calm statement.

 

“Doyoung-ah, I miss you, my brother.” She showed her grief at the memories of them during the past year and wept. Subin turned her head at Byeol. “Ya, you are not crying for real right?” Byeol looked up at her with teary eyes and watery nose. “Ya! That’s disgusting! Aren’t you going to meet him with Jaehwan later this weekend by the way?” Subin pinched her nose, not able to understand her friend’s sudden behaviour in the middle of the class. 

 


“Ah, I forgot. It’s been a long time I di

Please log in to read the full chapter