010

My Karma
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

*Present*


“I’m home.” Subin enters her house and looking for her parents inside.

“Where’s everyone?” She then walks straight to the kitchen. There, she saw her mother is cutting some ingredients for cooking, she doesn’t realised her daughter is watching her.

“What are you cooking, Mom?” Subin asks.

“God! Yah Moon Subin, can you not?! I nearly cut my fingers, my daughter!” The middle age woman put her knife on the table tob and to get her sanity again.

Subin’s expressionless pretty face stare at her. “I already said out loud ‘I’m home’, you didn’t heard that Mom?” Mrs. Moon gloats at her. “Oh, I didn’t. Sorry dear.” She clears . Subin walks into the kitchen.

“What are you making?” She peeps into the pot. “A stew?” Her mom nod.

“Jihoon asked for me to cook him kimchi stew, he’s craving for it.” She continue cutting the ingredients.

“That looks delicious. You need help?” Subin put her bagpack on the table and roll up her sleeves. 

“Forget about it, go clean up yourself and prepare to eat.” Mrs Moon chuckles. Subin beams a smile. “Okay Mom.”

 

*********

Jihoon arrived home at perfect time, the ladies just finished preparing the table when he walk through the door. “I’m hom- Kimchi stewwww! Mom!” He runs to the kitchen excitedly after he smelled the dish from the front door. But he stops when he saw Subin blowing the steam off from her spoonful of stew before slurping it inside .

“What, when did you come home?” Jihoon looks at his older sister dumbfoundedly. His sister always come home unannounced.

“Yesterday.” Subin put some rice on the spoon and dip into her bowl of stew and swallowing it into again. Yummy. 

“Do you think I’m dumb enough to believe that?” he walks to the table and take a sit beside her. Mrs Moon passes his bowl and they start eating together.

“Sorry, I thought you are.” Subin jokingly answered him. Jihoon glares at her. He rarely manage to win against his sister, she’s too good at being mischievous. Only one person can stop her.

“Yah, don’t start bickering! Just eat!” Mrs. Moon snaps. Both of her children gasp and they continue eating, peacefully.


After they finished eating, all three of them rest at the living room, watching a weekend drama on the tv. Mrs. Moon then slowly nudging her daughter. Subin look at her mother with a confusing face. “What?”

“Don’t you have a boyfriend yet, Subin-ah?” Subin just stare at her mother. 

Jihoon who’s busy watching the drama also leaning in to her. But her sister pushes his face away, so he just listened to them from his seat instead.

“Nope.” Subin grins at her mother.

“Yah! When are you going to get one?! You are already 22 years old for goodness sake.” Mrs. Moon smacks Subin’s lap. The said daughter winced out of the pain caused by the mother.

“Being 22 years old is not considered as old yet, Mom. Let me focus on my study first.” Subin pats her lap. It really hurts.

“Aigoo, what should we do Jihoon-ah. Your sister is too cold-hearted.” Jihoon nods his head, agreeing with his mother. 

“I’m afraid Noona will be alone throughout her life, Mom.” Jihoon shooks his head while pulling out a regret face. But then his head got a smack by his mother.

“Don’t you dare saying like that about my daughter! Even if you are my only son.” Subin snorts watching her brother being scolded by her mother. Jihoon mumbles so

Please log in to read the full chapter