009

My Karma
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

*Present time*

 

Kai is on his way to meet with Krystal’s parents. They just arrived from LA last night with her older sister. It has been eight months since he last saw them. 

Both of their parents are business partners in architectural and engineering. Krystal’s parents manage their secondary firm in US while his parents manage the main corporation in Seoul. They must have come here to discuss about their work as well as to meet with their youngest daughter. 

Jessica might also have come here for her business. She’s a big icon in fashion industry and launched her own brand in US few years ago. He heard from Krystal that the older woman is planning to continue her legacy in South Korea too.

His thoughts end when he receives a call. He slides on the green button.

“Hello, Kai.” Krystal’s voice can be heard on the phone. “Are you on your way?” Kai smiles.
“Yep. I will arrive in about 15 minutes.” Krystal chuckles. “Okay, be careful.”

 

 

When Kai arrives at the mansion, the whole family was having their evening tea at the garden. “Hi Jongin!”
Madam Jung and Jessica are waving from the table. Mr. Jung smiles before drinking his cup of tea.
“Good evening, Auntie and Noona.” Kai greets them back politely.
Krystal also give a little smile at him before went away to get some snacks inside.

“ Sit here dear. How’s your driving journey? This mansion is a bit far from the city. The road must be busy.” Madam Jung asks.
“It’s okay. The road has not been busy like before since there is a new highpass built at the southern area.” Kai replies.


“Oh? That was fast, the construction has finished already?” Jessica asks with amusement. 


Mr. Jung chortles. “That’s the standard of Lim’s family firm, quick in completing their project with high quality. I’m not that surprised.” He replies.


All of them nodded.

“Ah right, Jongin-ah. We are going to meet your parents at dinner tomorrow. Will you come?” Mr Jung asks him.


“Yeah, sure Uncle. I don’t have any important appointments for tomorrow.” Kai beams a little. 


“What are you guys going to discuss?” Jessica asks her parents while munching on her onion pancake.


The parents grin from ear to ear. “Well, we are going to arrange the engagement of your sister with him.” Madam Jung responds.

That strucks Kai like a lightning. It brings him out in a cold sweat. He bit his lip a little, as a sign of being nervous. Jessica saw it and says, “Err. Isn’t it too early for them? You guys are making him edgy.”

Both the older partners are looking at him. “Are you okay dear Jongin? Do you think it is too early for you?” Madam Jung shows her concern for him. Kai take a deep breathe, before looking at them and smiles.

“No, it’s okay Auntie. I just can’t believe our relationship progress has develop to this phase already. Time goes by so fast.” Kai answers hesitantly. He scratches the back of his head, shy.


His action make the other three laugh heartily. “Aw Kai, you are so cute!” Jessica clap her hands, still laughing.

Mr. Jung nodded his head after a while. “I understand. No matter how ready you are for marriage, it will still makes you anxious. It is a big life changes.” He pats Kai’s shoulder. “I believe you can take care of Krystal, you’ve done a good job until now. Madam Jung also nodding at her husband’s words. She beams a small smile at him.

Kai nods, feeling a little bit more confident. “I will take care of her, like I always do.”

Jessica shows a thumbs up at him. Both of her parents also smile gladly at the young man.

And behind the wall, there is Krystal, smiling with a little tears formed in her eyes. She’s glad that everyone’s okay with the decision of engaging her with Kai. “Thank you, Kai.”

“Gosh, where is Krystal anyway, I feel like I’ve been waiting for my snacks like ages ago.” Jessica says nonchalantly while crossing her a

Please log in to read the full chapter