012

My Karma
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

*Present time*

 

 

Subin is working on her assignment project on her laptop at Taemin’s cafe. Nobody was home and she felt lonely, so she came here. She’s having a piece of cake while completing her assignment.

The cafe is having so much visitors at the morning, people getting their coffee to cure their drowsiness from waking up early. Subin sipped her coffee, taking glances at the outside. ‘The weather is so nice.’ Subin smiles a little, appreciating the moment before focusing back to the screen.

“Excuse me, you are Moon Subin right?” Subin stop typing before looks up to the one standing beside her. She stand up, gaping at the person in front of her. “Doyoung-shii.”

The man in front of her chuckled. “What do you mean by Doyoung-shii. Just call me Doyoung like the old days, Subin-ah.” 


**************************

 

 

*Past time*

 

 

It’s been two weeks since Subin and Doyoung were officially dating. The whole school was making a fuss over them. Many people didn’t see that coming. Whenever they were seen together, people took glances and whispered. Doyoung and Subin rarely on dates, but he usually spend time with Subin’s friends in between their classes. Subin just let him be, she agreed that the boy has great sense of humor. He once made Subin cracked up when he said Byeol’s joke was alike his Dad’s. Old. 


They got PE class early morning and their classes were combined, Doyoung and Subin got partner up together - Hyemi and Byeol's scheme. Subin realised people are staring again. Subin didn’t really care about other people talking behind her, but she was kinda worried about his boyfriend. You see, Doyoung is an amicable boy. He always treat her with kindness, just like how a boyfriend should be. However, sometimes it can be seen that Doyoung wasn’t comfortable in becoming the center of everyone’s attention. Subin felt guilty about using him to forget about Jongin at the first place. So she felt the urge to take care of him too, although she didn’t show it directly.


They were about to play dodgeball on the field - Hyemi got other classmate as her partner. As for Byeol, they totally laughed at her face when she got Jaehwan as her partner. Before the game started, Doyoung pulled her hand to stand behind him and smiled. “Let’s win this game okay, Subin-ah?” His hand still holding hers. His sudden touch startled her, Subin glanced at him from behind. His gentleness and that handsome face did make her heart to beat faster. She caught herself staring at him before coming back to the reality. She cleared . “Got that.”


Hyemi watched her and Doyoung and giddily shouted. “Oof that’s so sweet of you, Doyoung-ah!”


Subin quickly turned her face at the other side of field, closing her eyes with annoyed expression. ‘Aish this nosy girl.’


Doyoung smiled at Hyemi sheepishly.


The game started fiercely. Both sided of the field threw the ball like they want to kill each other. And what made Subin regretted the most was laughing at Byeol. Damn, the laughable partners was so powerful that they managed to kick out half of the players in the game. Now, they are called as ‘The Incredibles JaeByeol’.


Luckily, Subin got Doyoung as her partner. The said boy, is so damn talented in dodgeball. Doyoung either managed to catch the ball or he dodged the ball effortlessly. Subin was the one having a hard time in this game. She dislike moving around and being targeted all the time (she cursed Byeol for this matter). After few times being able to avoid the ball Jaehwan locked his target and threw the ball straight toward Subin’s face with full force which made people shouted in gasps, worrying about the consequences but Doyoung quickly pull her over to avert the attack, and that eventually lead them to hug to each other. Yes, she was safe but, she lost her balance and in a blink of an eye, both of them were lying on the grass, with Subin on top.


Subin gasped as she didn’t know what to do, in that situation. She only stared at Doyoung with her shocked-blank face, and her face gone red. Her heartbeat? Pfft. It was almost like a volcano eruption inside her. Doyoung’s face was so close that their noses almost touched. His messy black hair covered up his eyes a little bit that it made him look so damn attractive, and he also was staring at her. Subin gulped her saliva. ‘Aish, this is so embarassing. Me, staring at Doyoung in a situation like this?’


Behind his hair, Doyoung was mesmerised by Subin’s fa

Please log in to read the full chapter