011

My Karma
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

*Past time*

 

“You passed a drink to Jongin?” Subin stopped writing and gawked at Hyemi.

Hyemi nodded confidently. She tucked her hair behind her ears. “Do you think he will recognize me now?”

Subin snorted. “I guess so. He must be curious about you.” Hyemi giddily hold her face up. “I hope so too.”

Subin glanced at her before looking at her notebook. “It’s good for being nonchalant sometimes.” She let out a sigh. Hyemi grinned. “I know right. But it does give you anxiety too. He might also reject me later, who knows?”

After saying that, Hyemi seemed down a little bit. Subin tapped her pen for a few times, thinking how to cheer her best friend. “Don’t overthinking too much.”

Hyemi stared at her for a while before smiling again. “You are right. Gosh, I must be so nervous I can’t thinking straight.” Subin nodded slowly.

Byeol entered the classroom, holding an small paper. “Subin-ah, someone left this for you.” Subin turned her head. “From who?” She took the paper, frowning.

“It’s from Jaehwan, the boy who sings.” Byeol laughed a little.

“Ah, him. The one from Class-2.” Hyemi blurted out. Subin blinked at them, clueless. “Who..”

“Blimey, you don’t know him?” Byeol asked in disbelief. “He always singing! In cafeteria, classroom, toilet, library. You never see him?” Subin scratched her head, “I guess I didn’t.”

Hyemi gaped. Byeol clapped her hands with amused expression. “I never thought there would be someone in this school who get to resist Jaehwan’s existence. He’s too loud to be ignored.”

Subin pouted and flipped the letter front and back, feeling uninterested to read it. Hyemi stared at her doing it several times. “If you are not interested, just ignore the letter Subin-ah.”

Subin smiled. “Understood.”
Byeol shook her head while pinching her nose. “The prevalence of being good looking, I’m envious.”

 


**************

 

Jongin was about to meet his homeroom teacher at the office when he nearly bump into someone at the end of the corridor. He was very surprised that he almost swearing. He managed to avoid the collision, but the latter one didn’t get to balance herself and fall on the ground.

 

“Gosh, are you okay?” He offered his right hand to help her stand up again. The girl winced, she really hit the floor very hard, oblivious to who offered help to her. “Not really, it’s really hurt.” She looked up, still feeling the sting and gaped at Jongin.

 

“Grab my hand, we’ll go to the sick bay.” The girl stared at him for a moment before grab his hand and tried to stand up. Little grin barely can be seen on her face. ‘I never imagined I could meet Jongin this way!’

 

“It’s okay, I can go by myself.” She shook her head, signaling him she was fine.

 

“What do you mean by that? Don’t be stubborn, you might broke something we don’t know.” Jongin showed his concern. The girl thought for a while and nodded slowly. “Okay.”

 

Teacher Yook, the medical advisor examined her condition, and stated that she was fine. However, she need to be careful and was told to get some rest in the sick bay throughout the day. She want to check if the fall left some bruise on her. Jongin thanked the teacher and sighed.

 

“Thank God I insist on getting you here. Otherwise I would feel terrible for leaving you behind.”

 

The girl beamed a smile. “No worries, you probably can go now.”

 

Jongin gaped. He just remembered that he need to see the homeroom teacher. “Oh yeah. I totally forgot about it. You see, I need to go right now to meet Teacher Yoon at the office.” He hurriedly stood up from his chair beside the girl. But the girl stopped her.

 

“Jongin sunbae-nim, can I get a free lunch with you later on? As a compensation for this.” She showed her current state on the bed. Jongin was quite confounded by her request. He stared at her for a second before smiling.

 

“Okay then. What’s your name and your class? I’ll find you later to compensate you.” He crossed his arms, still looking at her.

 

“I’m Jung Hyemi. I’m a junior from Class-3.” Hyemi beamed a bright smile at him that left Jongin speechless. ‘It’s her?’

 

Her sm

Please log in to read the full chapter