The Heartbreak

KALEIDOSCOPE

 

Hello everyone who is still reading my story. First of all, I thank you for your patience and I apologize for once again taking so long to upload a new chapter.
It was somewhat difficult for me to find the situation for this chapter. It was difficult for me to organize my ideas to write it, in addition to complications with my computer.
I hope you are well when you read this. Greetings and soon the drama will come on larger scales.

 

 

 

I haven't seen Krystal in a week now. Due to the new news about her relationship with Kai, she has not wanted to go out, since the paparazzi have not stopped following her. And of course, we don't want anyone to see us spending more time together than they do with her “boyfriend”.

It's not nice to just have phone calls and chat conversations, but that's what we have for now.

Just after finishing one of our long talks, someone knocks on the door and I am very surprised to see who is standing in front of my door.

 

“Hello Amber. Are you very busy?”

“Mrs. Jung, I didn't expect to see you here. Come in please"

“Wow, your house is very beautiful and spacious.”

"Thank you. I like having space. Can I offer you something to drink coffee, juice?”

"No, thanks. I'll try to be brief. I understand that Soojung has been spending a lot of time here with you. Many nights"

"Yeah. I guess it's closer than getting home, and since her sister is almost gone, she says she feels alone and…”

“I'm not here to see why she spent the night here again. "I'm worried about Soojung... In general"

"Of course. Is it because of her relationship with Jongin?”

“It's because of her relationship, but not exactly with him. I'm worried about the relationship she has with you."

"With me? I know we spend a lot of time together, but I don't think it's a problem.”

“Amber, please. Let's talk with the truth. Today I want us to be completely honest, for Soojung's sake."

“I understand… Of course. I will do the best I can”

“She has had to go through a lot of things, she had to grow up quickly. Even I sometimes forget that she's still just a girl. She is just beginning her life as an adult.”

"I know. she needs a strong safety net because of the malicious comments she always receives."

"That's how it is. And that's why I know you will understand my request. Amber, do you love my daughter?”

“love her?”

“Please, Amber. I need you to be honest.”

“…Mmm… well … I… of course I love Soojung. She has been my best friend since I came to Korea. She has taught me a lot and has always supported me when…”

“Amber, please. We said honestly”

“okay… honestly. Alright… then the answer is Yes, Mrs. Jung. I'm in love with Soojung. And I have no regrets nor am I ashamed."

 

When I finally confessed my feelings towards Soojung to Mrs. Jung, I could see a mixture of fear, disgust, and contempt on her face. Which, she managed to hide quickly, changing to a look of concern and reproach.

 

“I won't tell you it's an easy thing to hear. You know where I stand on this. Listen Amber, I'll get right to the point. I know you love my daughter. But have you really thought about what would happen if even the slightest rumor spread about the two of you together? Soojung has fought very hard to make a name in this industry. She has sacrificed Christmases, birthdays and a lot of time with her family for this dream. Do you really want to be the one to cut short all their dreams?”

"Of course not. It's quite the opposite. Mrs. Jung, the only thing I have ever wanted is the best for Soojung. In fact, we haven't even seen each other this week, because we know that she is being followed by paparazzi and saseang. The only thing that matters to me is that she is well.”

“That's not enough, Amber. The way you two look at each other… It's funny that you think you manage to fool someone. That you two have managed to deceive us... I think we both know that difficult decisions will have to be made. And if she can't take them, you'll have to take them.”

“Mrs. Jung, with all due respect. I don't think it's necessary for her and me…”

“I know you love her, Amber. I think everyone around you knows it. I just hope you love her enough to do the right thing."

 

Those were the last words of my unexpected visit before leaving me thinking on the couch in my apartment. All the doubts I had from the beginning came back with those simple words. I love Soojung with my life, but her mother is right. I am putting her entire career at risk, as a singer, model and actress. If even one fan saw us in girlfriend mode, everything would be over for her. My career is certainly not on the rise like Soojung's. I couldn't live with myself if, because of me, she lost all the opportunities she has had and will have.

 

Soojung has been calling all afternoon, but after the talk with her mother, I don't feel much like talking. I know her mother is right, but I don't think I have the will to break up with Soojung. I know that if I tell her the reasons, she won't understand them.

 

A couple of days after ignoring calls and messages, I wake up to the sound of the front door slamming. Then the bedroom door being knocked, almost kicked.

 

“So, you're alive. I see a head, two arms, two legs. I woke you up, so as far as I can see you can hear and see. You are not dying. So, I hope you have a very good explanation for ignoring my calls and messages for two days. And I hope it's a good story, otherwise I'll make sure you don't stay alive myself."

“Soojung”

"Yeah. In bone and flesh. Your girlfriend, who you've been ignoring for days. Amber, what's wrong? You had me worried”

“Sorry, I've been a little… distracted.”

“Distracted? really? Distracted, that’s why you forgot to answer all my calls? You are angry, aren’t you. Because of Jongin... I already told you that it's just a farce so that we can be together without raising suspicions."

"No. It's not that... I've just been thinking a lot. I think I just lost track of time. I'm sorry"

“Amber, what's wrong? I know it's not just that you've lost track of time. Talk to me, I know something's wrong. Please"

“No… it's nothing.”

“Well, you have the face of something.”

“I… I think we need to talk. But I don't think now is the time."

“Amber, you're scaring me. What's going on?"

 

I get up and walk to the window. It's starting to get dark and ironically; I notice the most beautiful sunset I've seen in days. Special to break up with the love of my life. I turn around and I met with Krystal's worried face, which makes it even more difficult to try to put my thoughts together and tell her what I have to do.

 

“I've been thinking... about our future. And the more I think about it, the more I feel that us, you and I being together is unfair to you.”

“Is it because of Jongin? I already told you that everything is a lie..."

“No Krystal, it's not about him. It's about me... you deserve more. You deserve someone that you don’t have to hide, or pretend like you don't feel anything when you see me coming for you, or be bothered by the idea that you have to have a fake boyfriend. You should be with someone that you can walk holding his hand without fear or shame.”

"I don’t care anything about that"

“You will care. You will want to get married, have children. Show your friends photos of your relationship and feel proud and not ashamed.”

"What are you talking about? It's not like dating a man means I'll have a normal life. I will always have to hide if I don't want to be exposed and lead a normal relationship."

“Another reason to have a normal relationship, not this freak circus we are now… sorry. I didn't mean to say it like that."

"I better go. It's obvious that you're not thinking clearly."

“Soojung, wait…”

 

I take Soojung by the arm, preventing her from leaving so I can continue talking to her. I have to finish this now, before I regret it and it gets even harder next time, because I doubt, I have the will to break her heart one more time.

 

“Soojung, you know how much I love you and how difficult it is for me to tell you this.”

“Then don't do it. Who are you to tell me what's good for me? Do you think I haven't thought about this?

"Have you thought about it? rationally"

"No. Of course not. Because I'm the little girl who faints over nothing, right?

“I'm just trying to do the right thing. "I'm trying to think with my head, instead of my heart."

"Heart? Do you have a heart, do you really care about anything, besides what people will say?”

“No… don't do this.”

"Do what? Loving You? Sorry, you know what? I didn't know I had a choice in that. I will never change. I cannot change. I want my life to be with you.”

"I don't"

"You don’t want to be with me? I can't believe you're breaking up with me."

“Doesn't mean I don't…”

 

Soojung turns around with her back to me. Thank God she does it, because seeing her face while I break up with her is breaking not only my heart into a thousand pieces, but my soul, I even feel like my body hurts. While I see her turning her back on me, all I can think about is hugging her and telling her that everything is a lie, and that I don't want to leave her for anything in the world. But I remember her mother's words, and I know I have to do it. I don't want to be the one to ruin Soojung's career.
Finally, Soojung turns around and looks at me with the saddest look I've ever seen on her.

 

“How am I supposed to stay away from you?”

“I think that If we delete our contacts, we will not feel the need to search for each other or call each other”

“Is this really happening?”

"I'm sorry"

 

We looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds, where tears ran like waterfalls in both of us. Then Soojung turned around again, this time walking towards the door, and this time I didn't stop her.

When the door closed behind her, there was a huge silence and darkness in the room, where I stood staring at the door for so long that my legs went numb.

It Had finished. My relationship with Krystal, the happiest moments I've ever experienced offstage, were over forever.