Your Safe Haven

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

 

 

 

Bong Hee: Jagiya! What happened to your eyes!

Ji Wook: Why?!

Bong Hee: Did you even sleep last night?!

Ji Wook: Uhh....yes?

Bong Hee: Jagiya.. (She's worried more and more each day.) Another bad dream again?

Bong Hee approached Ji Wook and holds his hands.

Bong Hee: Tell me, what are your dreams these days? If you don't want to tell me that's okay. But I really am just worried about you.. You're not getting enough sleep.. Are you still dreaming about your parents? Or...my dad? (Her heart breaks a little when she thinks about it.) i told you before.. Don't feel guilty about it anymore. My dad is happy now in heaven because he saved you. If he didn't, you wouldn't be here with me. I wouldn't have met you & her daughter wouldn't be this happy.

What Bong Hee just said warmed his heart. Ji Wook smiles lovingly & gives Bong Hee a quick kiss. Bong Hee's dad saved his life twice - by saving him from the fire and bringing Bong Hee into this world. He couldn't be more grateful.

Bong Hee: (smiles) Jagiya, you're trying to distract me.

Ji Wook: (laughs a little) No. I just wanted to show you how much I love you.

Bong Hee: (smiles) I love you too, my husband.

Ji Wook: (smiles) And well...that is also your morning kiss. You forgot.

Bong Hee: Omo! It's because those dark circles under your eyes are too distracting! (She teases)

Ji Wook frowns. Bong Hee laughs and kisses him quick on the lips. He smiles and pulls her closer to him. She smiles. He showers her with quick kisses all over her face. Both are smiling like teenagers.

Ji Wook: I can never get tired doing this.

Bong Hee: (laughs) Yes. Don't.

Ji Wook: (smiles and remembers Bong Hee asking her about his dream. His smile fades.) My dreams..

Bong Hee waits.

Ji Wook: They were about you.

 

 

Bong Hee's smile fades, too.

 

Bong Hee: What hap-

 

Ji Wook's phone rings.

 

 

 

---------

In the car--

 

The Noh's just left the hospital to have Bong Hee's bandage removed. They are heading over to the precinct. Bong Hee's very silent and Ji Wook kept looking at her while he's driving.

Ji Wook: Jagiya, is something wrong? You haven't said a single word ever since we left.

Bong Hee: (looks at Ji Wook) Oh. (tries to smile) Jagiya..no. I'm fine.

Ji Wook: Is this about what I told you this morning? About my dreams?

Bong Hee: (shakes her head) N-No.. It's not that.

Ji Wook: Noh Bong Hee. I know you.

Bong Hee: (sighs) I'm just...hmm..

Ji Wook: Don't worry about it, please. It's just a dream.. Maybe I'm just too bothered with what happened. 

Bong Hee: Exactly.

Ji Wook sighs. He drives slowly and then turns right to stop the car. In that moment, Bong Hee knows they need to talk.

Ji Wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter