My Moon

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 25: My Moon



 

Ji Wook wakes up because of the loud ringing of his phone. He looks at the screen and it's Eun Hyuk.

Ji Wook: (answers call, frowning) Ji Eun Hyuk. (Bong Hee suddenly moves. He looks at her and sees that her eyes are still closed.) Why are you calling this early?! (He tries to whisper to make sure he won't wake up Bong Hee.)
Eun Hyuk: We're outside the room! Come out!
Ji Wook: (looks at the clock) But it's only 7 in the morning!
Eun Hyuk: I know. But it's the best time to go fishing!
Sun Woo: That's right!

Ji Wook: Aisht. (He stands up and goes to the door. He opens it and both Eun Hyuk and Sun Woo are happily smiling at him.)
Eun Hyuk: I knew you want to go fishing, too!
Ji Wook: No, I can't leave Bong Hee alone.. She always gets a bad headache whenever she drinks the night before.. I'm worried she'll-
Eun Hyuk: Don't worry about it. I'll make sure she will be taken care of! Yoo Jung is already awake. I'll tell her.
Ji Wook: Uhh..
Eun Hyuk: Let's go. I know you want to go. (Smiles so wide)
Ji Wook: (sighs) But.. But I promised Bong Hee-

Bong Hee: Ji Wook.

Everybody looks at Bong Hee.
Ji Wook: Oh, you're awake..
Bong Hee: (smiles at Ji Wook and looks at Eun Hyuk and Sun Woo) Good morning..
Eun Hyuk: Good morning, Ms. Eun!
Ji Wook: Aisht. Mrs. Noh! How many times do I have to tell you?!
Bong Hee laughs.
Sun Woo: Good morning, Mrs. Noh.
Bong Hee: (smiles at Sun Woo and looks at Ji Wook) Jagiya.. (Smiles) Don't worry about me, you can come with them. I know you want to go fishing.
Eun Hyuk: Daebak!
Ji Wook: But..
Bong Hee: Can you give him 5 more minutes?
Eun Hyuk: Oh, sure. We'll be waiting outside!
Bong Hee: (smiles) Thank you. (Bows and closes the door)

Ji Wook: Jagiya.. I promised I would devote this week to you only.. I don't want to go.
Bong Hee: Geez. (Smiles and caresses his head) You're the best husband ever, but I want you to enjoy this week also. I know how much you love fishing. Go ahead. I'm going to be okay.
Ji Wook: Are you sure?
Bong Hee: (nods, smiling) 100%.
Ji Wook: (smiles weakly) Well..
Bong Hee: Come, I'll get your things!

Ji Wook follows Bong Hee as she prepares his bag. She fills it with towels, tissues, two shirts, etc.
Ji Wook: Jagiya.. (Laughs a little) Isn't that too much?
Bong Hee: It's better to be prepared! Hmm..what else do you need?! (She opens the wardrobe again and checks what she needs to put into his bag)
Ji Wook just smiles, looking at her. He follows her again and hugs her from behind.
Ji Wook: Thank you.. (He kisses her shoulder)
Bong Hee smiles.
Ji Wook: Will you really be okay?
Bong Hee: (nods) I will be. The girls are here. I should be fine.
Ji Wook: But what if you get a headache? You tend to-
Bong Hee: Jagiya. I'll be fine. (caresses his arm around her)
Ji Wook: (sighs and hugs her tightly) I'll call you when we get there, okay?
Bong Hee: You must! Or else!
Ji Wook: (laughs) I promise.

*****

Ji Hae: Yah, drink this. Your headache will go away in no time. (Gives the medicine to Bong Hee)
Bong Hee: Ugh. I don't want to drink anymore..
Yoo Jung: You always say that, you know? I'm pretty sure you'll be drinking again in one or two weeks. (Smirks)
Bong Hee: Oh, shut up. (holds her head with both of her hands) Ugh. i wanna die.

Bong Hee's phone rings. She looks at the screen and sees that it's Ji Wook.

She pretends to be okay and not having a headache then quickly answers the call. Ji Hae and Yoo Jung are just looking at her.

Bong Hee: Jagiya! (She tries to smile. She stands up and steps away from the girls so they won't tell Ji Wook about her headache)
Ji Wook: Jagiya.. How are you feeling? No headache yet?
Bong Hee: Oh. (smiles) No, I'm fine..
Ji Wook: Promise?
Bong Hee: Did you catch a fish?!
Ji Wook: Hmm...not yet... But are you telling the truth? No headache? just tell me. I'll come back as soon as possible..
Bong Hee: You're overreacting again. (Her head is hurting as hell but she still tries to sound okay) I-I'm okay. Just enjoy fishing. Don't let them catch more fishes than you!
Ji Wook: (laughs) I'll try.
Sun Woo: Oh!! I caught one!
Bong Hee smiles.
Ji Wook: Jagiya, I have to hang up.. Sun Woo needs help. Looks like it's a very big fish..
Bong Hee: Sure, sure. Enjoy..
Ji Wook: just rest, my Bbong. I love you. I'll come back soon.
Bong Hee: (smiles) I'll wait for you. I love you more.

*****

Eun Hyuk: Cha Yoo Jung!
Yoo Jung: Oh. (Smiles) You're back in time for lunch.
Eun Hyuk kisses her cheek that made her smile.
Eun Hyuk: I caught a fish! I gave it to the hotel's restaurant so they can cook it later for dinner. It's a pretty big one. (He says proudly)
Yoo Jung: Wow. (Smiles)

Ji Hae: Where's Sun Woo and Ji Wook?
Eun Hyuk: They're just behind me.. (Looks at his back) There they are!
Sun Woo smiles at Ji Hae. Ji Hae blushes.
Sun Woo: Hi, Ji Hae.
Ji Hae: Hi. (Looks away immediately but her cheeks are obviously pink)
Yoo Jung: (whispers to Eun Hyuk) Yah, did something happen to these two last night?
Eun Hyuk: Hmm... (just smiles) Who knows..

Ji Wook: Where's Bong Hee?
Ji Hae: She's inside just resting. The medicine I gave her must be taking effect already. It makes you sleepy and-
Yoo Jung: Na Ji Hae.. (She says in a soft voice. Bong Hee asked them not to tell Ji Wook about her headache.)
Ji Hae: Oh. (Looks away from Ji Wook and pretends to check something on her phone)

Ji Wook asks for their key and goes straight to the girls' hotel room.

When he arrived at the room, he saw Bong Hee lying on the bed sleeping.

He sits beside her, worried.
Ji Wook: Jagiya.. (He caresses her head)
It woke her up.
Bong Hee: (opens her eyes slowly) J-Jagiya.. (Smiles) You're back..
Ji Wook: Why didn't you tell me? (Sighs and her cheek) You know I hate it when you lie.
Bong Hee: I'm sorry. I just don't want to ruin your day.. (she holds his hand her cheek)
Ji Wook: (He sighs again. He kisses her forehead and looks at her) How are you feeling?
Bong Hee: I'm fine now. Ji Hae gave me something to drink and I feel so much better. (smiles)
Ji Wook: Is that true?
Bong Hee: (laughs a little) Yes. I'm telling the truth now.
Ji Wook: (smiles, finally) Good. And by the way.. (Smiles more) You know what? I caught 3! (He says like a proud kid)
Bong Hee: Daebak! (Sits up, smiling)
Ji Wook: I gave 1 to the hotel's restaurant just like Eun Hyuk and Sun Woo. They will cook it later for dinner. I saved 2 fishes. I'll cook something for you.
Bong Hee: Omo. (she smiles) I miss my handsome cook..
Ji Wook: (laughs) Silly.
Bong Hee laughs with him.
Ji Wook: And later, I'll take you somewhere. (Smiles and tucks her hair behind her ear)
Bong Hee: Hmm.. (Smiles) Is this the "surprise"?
Ji Wook: I won't tell.
Bong Hee: Jagiya!
Ji Wook: You'll see.. (Brushes their noses) We'll leave at 8. I rented a car to take us there.
Bong Hee: (smiles) Wow. You're making me feel like a teenager going to her prom night.
Ji Wook: (smiles) Though don't expect much. It's not that-
Bong Hee: Jagiya, as long as I'm with you, it will always be special. (she smiles and then hugs his waist. She kisses his lips, and it made him smile.) Thank you.
Ji Wook: Anything for my Bong Hee.

*****


 

Bong Hee: Oh my.
Ji Wook: (smiles shyly) Do you like it?
Bong Hee: Are you kidding me?! You-You rented a yacht!!
Ji Wook: (scratches the b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter