Good night. My love.

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24: Good night. My love.


 

Ji Hae: Prosecutor Noh looks busy.
Bong Hee: (sighs) I guess work's more important again.
Yoo Jung: Yah, Bong Hee. Maybe he's just speaking to someone really important. He said he's going to be "just" your husband this weekend, right?
Bong Hee: I know! But I don't know. I asked him who he's speaking to but he won't tell me..
Ji Hae: (shakes her head) Boys. Boys will always be boys.


 

Eun Hyuk: Everything alright, Wook? Did you get the reservation?
Ji Wook: Yeah. I just got off the phone with the hotel's manager. Thank you for your help.
Eun Hyuk: Anytime, my friend. Your wife will be surprised.
Ji Wook: (smiles) I hope so.

Yoo Jung: Ji Eun Hyuk.

Ji Wook and Eun Hyuk looks at Yoo Jung who just arrived with Bong Hee and Ji Hae. They're all frowning, alright.

Eun Hyuk: Sweetheart. (Smiles) Yes?
Yoo Jung: What are you guys talking about?! And you, Wookie, who are you talking to on the phone?
Ji Wook: (smiles nervously) Oh. It's nothing.
Bong Hee: Really.
Ji Wook: (still smiling) Jagiya.. (Goes to Bong Hee and pulls her by his side.) It's nothing, really.
Bong Hee: If it's nothing, then why wouldn't you tell me?!
Ji Wook: Ahh.. Well.. (He's trying to not have this conversation so he can surprise her but she's been really persistent since this morning after they went swimming.)
Eun Hyuk: (laughs) Ah, Mrs. Noh. It's just work..
Ji Wook looks at Eun Hyuk, shocked that he mentioned "work". Of all the things he could say...
Bong Hee: (breaks away from Ji Wook's arm) I see.
Ji Wook: Jagiya, it's not what you-
Ji Hae: Prosecutor Noh. I'm so disappointed in you.
Ji Wook: But I'm-
Bong Hee: Let's go, girls. (bows to Eun Hyuk) Lawyer Ji, have a good day. (bows to Ji Wook) You too, Prosecutor Noh.
She turned around to leave and Ji Hae and Yoo Jung followed her.

Ji Wook: Aisht, Ji Eun Hyuk!
He follows Bong Hee.

Ji Wook: Bong Hee.. (he grabs her wrist and Bong Hee stops)
Ji Hae and Yoo Jung continue to walk.
Bong Hee: What? (She doesn't even look at him.)
Ji Wook: Jagiya.. It's not what you think.. I can't say it right now but I promise I will.. Tonight, I-
Bong Hee: (looks at Ji Wook) No. There will be no "tonight", Prosecutor Noh.
Ji Wook: (sighs) Will you stop calling me that?!
Bong Hee: Why?! You are working right now, you are a prosecutor.
Ji Wook: Bong Hee. Please. Just listen to me.. I will tell you everything later.
Bong Hee: (smirks) Later. Then let's talk later. Right now, I'm going to have fun with my friends. Have a nice day at work, Prosecutor Noh! (She leaves him again)
Ji Wook: Jagiya!

 

****

Eun Hyuk: Ji Wook, I'm really sorry.
Ji Wook: Of all the things, Ji Eun Hyuk...
Sun Woo: If you want I can tell Mrs. Noh that you're doing something for me, Prosecutor Noh. Like a family case...or anything..
Ji Wook: No, you don't have to. It's all done. Bong Hee won't listen to me anyway. I think I just have to make sure she'll be very surprised tonight so she can forget everything that happened.. (Sighs)
Eun Hyuk: But she's really mad right now. I wonder if she will talk to you later.
Ji Wook: She will. I'll act sick if she won't. She will come running, I'm sure.
Eun Hyuk: Wow, Noh Ji Wook. Is that how you fix things with your wife? How immature.
Ji Wook: Says the guy who reads his girlfriend's emails...
Sun Woo shakes his head. "Guess I'm the only adult here."


 

-----

"Cheers!!!"

 

Ji Hae: Sunbae, you've had two bottles already..
Yoo Jung: You're such a girl. (smirks and laughs) Bong Hee, she's such a girl, right?!
Bong Hee: Yah.. (laughs) You need to drink more, Ji Hae..
Ji Hae: Gosh. You're both drunk already but you still wouldn't stop! Especially you, Bong Hee! You've had four bottles!
Bong Hee: (smiles) I'm sorry, omma..
Yoo Jung and Bong Hee laugh.
Ji Hae: Argh! I hate you both! I'm calling Lawyer Ji and Prosecutor Noh.
Bong Hee: Geez. (Lays her head on the table) Don't call him.. He's busy working... (Hiccups)
Yoo Jung: Bong Hee.. (drinks) You know.. You have to trust Ji Wook more. If he says it's not about work, then maybe it isn't...?
Bong Hee: (frowns) Ugh. You are so loud. You're hurting my ears..
Ji Hae just shakes her head.
Yoo Jung: He promised, right? I knew him since we were kids. He never breaks his promises.
Ji Hae looks at Yoo Jung. "Whoa. i didn't know it's possible for this woman to say good things when drunk." She thought.
Bong Hee: (lifts her head to look at Yoo Jung) Yah! Why do you keep mentioning your past! I'm his wife now! He's mine! I know him better than you! Geez! (Lays her head on the table again)
Yoo Jung: Yah! I was just trying to help!
Bong Hee:  And if it's not work, why wouldn't he tell me?! (cries)
Ji Hae: Here we go again... Always crying when drinking.
Bong Hee: Yah.. I just want to spend time with him.. Why won't he let me? Why would he choose work again over me? (looks at the two) I almost died..
Ji Hae: Noh Bong Hee! Why are you talking about dying!
Bong Hee: He said he'll keep me close no ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter