Memories

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16: Memories

 

Flashback.

Bong Hee: No! I'm tired of it! Should we really continue with the wedding?! Are you even serious about marrying me?!

Ji Wook failed to attend another seminar again that Bong Hee signed up for, in preparation for their upcoming wedding in two months. It is already the third seminar, and Ji Wook failed to come for the third time, too. Reason: work.


Ji Wook: Eun Bong Hee. You know how much I want to marry you. If I could do it right here, right now, I will.
Bong Hee: I am so mad at you right now, I don't even...I don't even want to look at you!
Bong Hee turns around to leave but Ji Wook grabbed her wrist to stop her.
Ji Wook: Jagiya..I'm sorry..
Bong Hee: (sighs) Sometimes sorry is not enough.
Ji Wook: (sighs) What can I do to make things better?
Bong Hee: Let go.
Ji Wook: What?
Bong Hee: Noh Ji Wook. Let go of my hand.
Ji Wook: (sighs and lets go of her hand) Bong Hee..please...let's talk.
Bong Hee walks away.
Ji Wook: Y-You're really leaving me?
It breaks her heart, hearing the hurt in his voice, but she chose to just walk away.

For now.

 

******

Ji Hae: You left the fridge open again.
Bong Hee: Really? I thought I closed it. (Laughs nervously)
Ji Hae: (sits at the table) Eun Bong Hee. When will you go home? It's been 4 days already.
Bong Hee: Don't you miss living with me? You're hurting my feelings, you know?
Ji Hae: I love you as my friend but to be honest I don't miss living with you. I don't know how Prosecutor Noh manages to live with you.
Bong Hee: Yah!
Ji Hae: (shakes her head) You're coming to work today?
Bong Hee: I guess.
Ji Hae: Okay..

 

 


Bong Hee: How's work, Ji Hae?
Ji Hae: Hmm. Just fine.
Bong Hee: You guys busy?
Ji Hae: A bit.
Bong Hee: New case?
Ji Hae: (smiles) You know...if you want to ask about Prosecutor Noh, just go ahead.
Bong Hee: I didn't even mention his name. I'm not interested.
Ji Hae: I know you, Bong Hee. He doesn't call you anymore, huh?
Bong Hee: No...but I don't care.
Ji Hae: Idiot. If I am Prosecutor Noh I'm not going to call you, too. Remember what you did when he went here the next morning after you left? You practically pushed him away. He even brought flowers and chocolates...and you just ignored him. And I still hate you for not getting the chocolates, by the way. I'm craving.
Bong Hee: Geez. He deserves it. And fyi, he still called and texted me after that.
Ji Hae: Okay... How about now?
Bong Hee: What.
Ji Hae: He's not reaching out to you anymore, right?
Bong Hee: I don't care.
Ji Hae: (smiles) If you say so..

 


Bong Hee: Ugh. He doesn't even text me.
Ji Hae: If you miss him, go home. He's sorry, Bong Hee. You should at least listen to him explain and work this out. You're not teenagers anymore, you're already getting married. You shouldn't just leave him or come running here when you fight or when you have misunderstandings. That' not how marriage works.
Bong Hee: But we're not married yet.
Ji Hae: Ugh. I'm done with you.
Bong Hee: Fine, fine. I'll keep that in mind.
Ji Hae: Good. And if you're still interested...Prosecutor Noh hasn't been in the office for two days now. I heard he's sick and can't work.
Bong Hee: What! When did you learn about this?!
Ji Hae: Uhh...2 days ago?
Bong Hee: Why didn't you tell me? (She stands up and gathers her plate.) God, I can't believe you didn't tell me..
Ji Hae: You said you weren't interested! Yah! Where are you going?!
Bong Hee goes to the room and gets her luggage.
"I'm going home!!!"

 

******

When Bong Hee arrived, she went to Ji Wook's room immediately - only to not find him there. She tried calling him but it just goes straight to voice mail.
"Where is he?!" She w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter