Chapter Nine

Familiar Touch
Please log in to read the full chapter

The small boy continued to stretch through the soreness in his inner thighs, the pulling somehow causing a relief to wash over his exhausted form.  It was the fourth day in a row of five hour practise sessions and Jimin’s body was at its’ limit.

 

“Okay two more minutes then we take it from the top again!” yelled the team leader Hoeseok making eye contact with Jimin directly.  He still could not believe that he was talked into joining the advance dance team.

 

With one last lunge while his legs were still in a full split, Jimin swept the surface of the dance floor with his fingers once more before standing again to get into position.  Most of the other dancers were already in their places. Actually they appeared to only be waiting for Jimin, having a look of annoyance on their faces. They were tired, Jimin understood that, but what he didn’t understand was why they all seemed to dislike the idea of taking a break after two and a half hours  of nonstop dancing.


 

“Okay from the top, everybody do it right then we can all leave,” croaked the team leader sarcastically.

 

Jimin took a deep breath in as the music resumed.  During the last three run throughs, he had made small mistakes here and there, but nothing so noticeable that it would warrant a re-do in his opinion.  But he quickly realized over the last month or so was that Koreans were perfectionists. So there was no space to argue over the matter when it comes to such things.

 

Jimin mentally counted down the moments for his solo cue mark.  Positioning himself in the front middle stage area of the dance studio, he lept into his spot then proceeded to do the move that was causing his left  leg muscle to cry in pain.

 

The last move; the triple pirouette, was completed good enough for his standards at least and to his surprise also good enough for the team leader as well.

 

Eventually the music came to a stop and so did the dancing as everyone waited for the verdict of the night.

 

“Everyone go home and get some rest.  The performance is in three days so tomorrow we’ll have a short last run through and Friday is free.”

 

A collective sigh was heard across the room as the team members gathered up their things to leave.  Jimin was dehydrated above all else so he instead went for the drinking fountain across the room to refill his water bottle.

 

The team started to file out of the room a few minutes later while Jimin instead texted his father about practice ending a bit early.

 

“Hey Jimin do you have a minute,” said the friendly voice over his shoulder.  “I wanted to ask you something.”

 

“Sure hyung,” said the younger leaning back against the unmirrored wall.

 

“Are you okay?  I saw the way you ...”

 

“Jimin....it’s Jimin right?”  called another voice just right out of sight.

 

The younger recognized him as a fourth year or senior so to speak that has supposedly recently returned from having spent a few months in China with family.  He was the one of many children of a wealthy family from China.

 

“Jackson weren’t you leaving?,” Hoseok sighed wiping the sweat from his forehead dramatically. “Unless you plan to stay I don’t mind going over it again with you if you need it.” he emphasized raising his brows.

 

The blonde smirked knowingly.  “Hey I come in peace. I only wanted to introduce myself, I haven’t met the prodigy yet.”  Jimin raised an eyebr

Please log in to read the full chapter