Chapter Five

Familiar Touch
Please log in to read the full chapter

The school that Jimin was enrolled in was vastly different than the schools he had attended back in the states. Firstly, he had to wear uniforms. So now Jimin was clad in khaki pants and a matching navy blue blazer with the logo of the school posted right below his left pocket. Right away he noticed that he stood out from the hoards of other teens. His hair was blonde while everyone else had various hues of naturally colored tresses. Jimin stood out which was a stark contrast to what he was used to.

 

Back in New York, he was average. But now as he slowly trekked his way towards the school's administrative offices, all eyes were on him.

 

Subconsciously he touched a few strands of the loose hair that dangled near his ear. His cheeks turned warm when he saw a pair of large eyes openly staring at him then turning to the person next to them to make a comment.

 

The boy who gawked at him seemed to be around Jimin's age but given the much larger frame he had, he could also be older. The staring was making him nervous so he instead tried to focus on the task at hand; manage to make it to the office fast and without any problems.

 

Eyes train on the gray, shiney, cement floor, Jimin quickened his walking pace when he spotted the sign posted above a door that meant he was almost at his destination.

 

The information given to him from the male administrator was pretty straight forward. There were a few words that Jimin didn't have the ability to translate yet but other than that he got the general jest of things. From what he could understand, things worked a little differently here. Instead of moving from class to class for different subjects, he would remain in the same class all day but the teachers would change according to the subject with the exception of physical education. He also didn't have all of his subjects everyday, a notion that he found relieving.

 

With half of the day gone, Jimin went to lunch. Today like everyday for many years to come, Korean food was on the menu. He didn't mind too much because his mother would often cook Korean, and the taste of the food was nostalgic to him.

 

“So are you a foreigner or just half Korean?” The question came from somewhere behind him. Turning to the left Jimin saw none other than the same boy who he caught staring at him earlier standing behind him.

 

“Who me?”

 

The stranger laughed leaning down on the table. “Of course who else would I be talking to.”

 

The boy that was smiling back at him had strangely attractive features. His sun kissed medium tan skin complimented his large yet long shapely eyes. He had medium dark ash brown hair with dark honey blonde highlights which were more prominent at the bangs of his bowl-like haircut. He of course was wearing the same uniform as Jimin, however his blazer was ed revealing a casual white graphic t-shirt with a large red baloon printed on it's center.

 

Right, Jimin thought. He was the only blonde in a sea full of brunettes so from his hair alone he may look like a foreigner to other Koreans.

 

“I'm Korean.”

 

“Ah really, I guess I loose the bet then. I'm Kim Taehyung fifteen years old. And you are?,” he said extending a hand towards Jimin.

 

“Jeon Jimin...I'm fifteen too,” he responded shaking the boy's hand.

 

“So we're friends?...I thought you were younger than me...”

 

“Taehyung!” called a boy sitting a few tables down from Jimin. The boy was waving a hand toward him essentially gesturing for his return.

 

“Those are my hyungs. Come sit with me,” he boy said already grabbing a hold of Jimin's wrist and basically removing him from his seat.

 

Jimin hastily grabbed what was left of his lunch and followed along after his new friend toward the group of boys.

 

“This is Jeon Jimin...and he's Korean,” exclaimed the brunette with pride.

 

“Ha, pay up!” shouted one of the boys.  This kid had a long arrow face with big teeth.

 

“Aish must everything be a bet?” said another reaching into his pants pocket

Please log in to read the full chapter