Chapter Twenty

Familiar Touch
Please log in to read the full chapter

The teenager rotated his hips left and right as he stared at the reflection before him.  In the mirror was an image of himself with some noticeable differences. His cheeks seemed to be a little bit chubbier and the space below his belly button was somewhat rounded.  He placed his palm over the space and pressed gently having lifted up the bottom of his shirt to gain access to the smooth skin there. For the most part it was solid; it did not give under the pressure he place here.

 

Exhaling slowly he released the shirt and smoothed it back down over himself.  From the outside, nothing appeared to be out of the ordinary. The change was subtle enough that no one would really know a difference but Jimin knew better.  As a dancer he was always in touch with the changes of his body. It was important for a dancer to know their physical condition at all times to prevent injury and other issues.  

 

Three weeks ago he first realized something was odd when he woke up one morning with nausea that quickly went away without explanation.  He was progressively becoming lethargic and was finding it more and more difficult to finish dance practice.

 

He sat down on the bench to continue to dress himself.  It had been yet another demanding dance practice and he was glad it was over.  He slipped back on the shoes he usually only wore for dance practice and zipped up the navy blue hoodie.  Exiting the changing stall, he realized the rest of the dance team must have been waiting for him.

 

“We’re going out to eat, are you coming with?” said the team leader.  Everyone else seemed a bit annoyed at the fact that they all had to wait for him.

 

“No hyung, I can’t today, maybe another day?,” he said passively.  It was Friday so the team would usually hang out after practice but it was also the only day that Jimin had the time to go get what he needed...

 

“Okay next time,” Hoseok spoke to the group signally that everyone could leave.

 

Jimin waiting for everyone else leave before pulling out his phone to call his father.  The man picked up after two rings.

 

“Jimin…” said the man.

 

“Hi…,” replied the other with a slight blush.  “Dad are you returning this weekend?”

 

“...I’m sorry.  It turns out I have another meeting in Tokyo and then I have to fly to Hong Kong on Wednesday,” he spoke.  The blonde listened in silence. “I have no excuse. I think Hyungsik is trying to sabotage us,” the man laughed lightly.  “I don’t know but being away from you just makes me miss you more,” he whispered.

 

“I miss you too,” said the teen.  “I’m lonely, I can’t take being away from you for this long,” he finished after a beat.

 

After that fated night.  The two were allowed to spend christmas and the new year together but then promptly thereafter, Jungkook was on back to back business trips while Jimin was left alone in Korea.  Since then it had been nearly two months.

 

In the first few weeks apart Jimin was relieved.  He started to feel less disappointed with himself and more normal.  He posted about what was going on in the forum he had found online and the group encouraged him to stay strong and he had stopped crying about it as much even though he still spoke with his father on the phone daily.

 

He started to hang out with his friends more when school resumed and everything had seemed more normal until Jimin realized something.  He had only taken his birth control once since he received it...and he hadn’t had a period for months.

 

“I promise I’ll be back next weekend.  This time I’ll just buy the plane ticket myself.”

 

“What’s going to happen when you return?,” the blonde asked after a moment.  Over the phone he hear the other sigh.

 

“What do you want to happen Jimin?”

 

“...I don’t know yet...I just...it’s hard sometimes,” he said his voice cracking with a sob.

 

“Jimin don’t cry,”  Jungkook said, “I love you, but I don’t want to hurt you anymore either.  Do you understand?” The boy nodded and whispered a soft yes.

 

“I still want to be with you,” Jimin said aloud even though his mind was telling him the exact opposite.

 

“We can still be together okay,” spoke the brunette.  “I have to go, I love you.”

 

Jimin smiled and blinked away a stray tear, “I love you too.”

 

The call ended but Jimin still held the phone to his ear.  They’ve had similar conversations in the past and they all ended the same; they knew what they were doing was wrong but neither of them had plans of stopping it.  At least not anytime soon.

 

However now Jimin was more concerned with a bigger issue.  His stomach growled as he made his way out of the school. At this point, most of the students and staff had already gone home so the bus was pretty empty when he got on.

 

He tried to recall the location of the store that Yoongi had brought him to from memory alone but eventually had to use his phone gps to find the correct stop.

 

---

 

He browsed the isles casually for a few minutes before he wandered over to the section he was embarrassed to go.  The entire area was just for males and it included male pregnancy kits. Jimin looked over the items but there were so many different types.  He had heard that his condition was more common in asians but he was surprised to see this particular item so openly displayed.

 

He eventually settled on a two pack kit that had ‘Easy to Use’ written on its packaging.  He placed the box into his hand basket and

Please log in to read the full chapter