Chapter Two

Familiar Touch
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sixteen years ago

 

It was just over sixteen years ago when Jungkook had received that last call. He had just finished with his exams and was on his way to the university near by. Feeling the sudden vibration near his upper thigh, Jungkook removed the item from his pocket to find that his girlfriend for the last seven months was calling him.

 

“Noona, I'm still on my way the test ran a little long so that's why I'm not there yet,” he said in a rush contemplating taking the bus that was scheduled to arrive in five minutes or just walking the half mile to the campus.

 

“It's fine because I'm not there.” said the voice on the phone.

 

“What? Then where are you I'll just meet you there.”

 

“Jungkook...I'm breaking up with you.”

 

The statement halted the teenage in his tracks.

 

The voice continued. “We can't be together Jungkook it's not right.”

 

The younger closed his eyes and then reopened them. “I don't understand,” he said calmly. “Why can't we be together we talked about this...”

 

“I know, I know, but...I've changed my mind. I'm twenty-one and you're only sixteen Jungkook. I just can't.”

 

“There wasn't a problem when we made love last night,” he said willing his heart not to break. “I love you Jieun you know that.”

 

“I don't know if you know what love is...I don't know if I love you...”

 

“You do love me. I won't let you breakup with me,” he said now seeing the approaching bus. “Where are you I'll meet you there we can talk about it.”

 

“No Jungkook it's over. Fall in love with someone else later in life and just forget about me...good bye.” The dial tone proved that the call had been ended.

 

Jungkook watched the people load onto the bus then watched it leave. He really wasn't sure what to do so instead to decided to call back. Redialing the number he knew right away that he had been blocked.

“I don't understand,” he said aloud to himself.

 

Recently the couple had been having problems. The in the last month or so Jieun had started to almost on purpose start arguments with Jungkook for no reason. The younger equated it to being due to the stress of exams but when Jieun suddenly called him over the previous night, Jungkook thought that they had moved past it all.

 

The night was perfect; they had ordered take out, cuddled a lot, and made love all night long. Afterwards Jungkook watched the love of his life sleep for a few minutes before leaving to return home. Since he was underage he still had to return home for the night.

 

Jungkook had been sitting for a while before he realized that the sun had started to set. A deep frown set in between his eyes as he brushed the palms of his hand across his face. In the last few hours Jungkook had texted Jieun, checked social media, and had even used a pay phone to call her but nothing was successful. Eventually he made his way home.

 

The next day, his mother told him that his tutor had quit but he would received another one after the break.

 

But like Jieun said he did start to forget about her. He had loved her but he was only sixteen and at that age love came and went. He dated other people and when he became an adult got married. Even in the last ten years he had been married and divorce.

 

His first love was an old vague memory until the call he received that morning.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Two months ago

Like every other week day Jungkook went to work for his father'

Please log in to read the full chapter