Chapter Six

Familiar Touch
Please log in to read the full chapter

Only a couple of months had passed and Jimin was already in the full swing of things at school. The blonde had decided to dye his hair a vibrate jet black color at the suggestion of the school administrator and after receiving many unwanted stares. Turns out having a natural more conservative hair color was more of an unofficial school rule than an actual dress code but the boy would rather keep a low profile in an environment that thrived on appearance and status. Either way, he no longer stood out from the crowd as much so he became more comfortable with his surroundings.

 

At the suggestion and eager coaxing of Jimin's new hyung Hoeseok, he also decided to join the dance club. He found that though he was an expert at modern dance and ballet, the urban style was a new challenge that he was finding exciting. Hoseok had taken him under his wing so to speak and spent a lot of time teaching the younger different moves and techniques of the new dance style after school.

 

During the day Jimin's new life consisted of nonstop interactions with his new friends. The group had taken Jimin in quickly and the teen had assimilated easily enough. He learned that Jin was the oldest out of the group however due to Namjoon's genius-like mind, he was able to skips a couple a grades so he and Jin were in the same class. Hoseok who was now basically Jimin's unofficial dance teacher, was also a trainee at one of Korea's entertainment companies. He was set to debut within a year or so. Taehyung, who they sometimes called V, was a son of a CEO who manufactured cosmetics, so he would sometimes model for the company appearing in some of the advertisements around the city. Jimin also learned that Yoongi was an amateur music producer, following in the foot steps of his father who was a well known music executive.

 

Overtime Jimin had learned a lot about his new friends, but he was hesitant to share the personal aspects of his own life. Everyone seemed to come from almost perfect backgrounds, but Jimin wasn't really like them. When he explained that his father was Jeon Jungkook from Jeon Enterprises they all recognized the name immediately. Only through his friends Jimin learned that the Jeons' were a major contributor to the school's academic and arts programs. However Jimin failed to include the fact that he had been a Park for the vast majority of his life, having only recently changed his name to Jeon only a few months before leaving the US.

 

To the American, Korea was different in both a negative and positive way. The students at his new school seemed more focused on their education than at his previous school, but they all also seemed to come from a high class society. Something which Jimin had never been a part of. His life in New York was by no means shabby but his family wasn't rich either. They had enough to own their own home, take a few family vacations a year, and maybe enjoy the various forms of entertainment that the big city had to offer, but his life back then was no comparison for how it was now...

 

 

Jimin gave the driver a thank you nod as he exited the black Mercedes benz grateful that he had made it through the week and it was now Friday. Having left the warmth of the car Jimin placed his rapidly cooling hands into his pants pocket. The thin blazer the teen was wearing didn't do much to protect him from the cold breeze of the early morning autumn air.

 

It was the groups' routine to arrive at school a half hour earlier before school started to hangout with his friends. Because they were all in different classes, the opportunities they had to interact with each other were limited to either before classes started, during lunch, and on a few occasions after school.

 

Jimin walked the few paces up the asphalt steps to make his way towards the area deemed as the groups' meet up place. A few students had also already arrived at the school, but they all seemed to be heading towards either the library or the study halls. Jimin walked the opposite way toward the rear of the building where the tennis and practice basketball courts were located.

 

Supposedly the school once had actual sports teams but when the institution went private it did away with most of those activitie

Please log in to read the full chapter