Chapter Seventeen

Familiar Touch
Please log in to read the full chapter

Approximately seventeen years ago…

 

The teenager brought back one test score not good enough for his mother and that was the start of it all.  Jungkook attended an all male boarding school; the only one in South Korea, and he was off for the summer break.  Originally he had planned to spend most of his time at his parents’ beach house on Jeju island, soak up some sun, and maybe check out the summer girl being as deprived as he was, but instead he was resigned this is.

 

“Jeon Jungkook, this is your tutor Park Jieun…,” said the flustered woman who worked as Jungkook’s father assistant.

 

“She attends the university and is fluent in english and excellent in mathematics,” she finished introducing the two.

 

His first half of his summer was planned out for him.  He was to have tutoring sessions in the afternoon while in the morning he would intern at his father’s company.

 

“Jungkook is already pretty good in the spoken language so you should mainly focus on writing okay,” she further instructed the young woman vaguely but she really wasn’t too concerned over the matter as she also found the tutoring unnecessary.

 

Jungkook shyly stuck out a hand to shake the others’.  The woman’s hands were small and soft. In fact everything about her seemed small and soft.  She wore well worn dark blue jeans, black converse low tops, and a pretty basic yellow t shirt.  Her wavy dark brown hair was very long spilling down a little past the small of her back, but the front was pulled away from her face  by small yellow hair accessories.

 

“Nice to meet you,” she said quietly the puggy rounds of her cheeks dusting pink slightly, sharp eyes squinting cutely.  The fifteen year old just stared at the twenty-one year old bemused still holding her hand.

 

When he wouldn’t let it go she pulled it out of his hand and awkwardly looked away from him.

 

“Jungkook just have Hyunsoo take you home that’s where you’ll meet after you're finished here okay,” said the assistant gesturing to the both of them.  The girl nodded. Jungkook cleared his throat and nodded along too, but he really couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

 

------

 

The ride to his family’s home was abnormally quiet even for Jungkook who was an only child and predictably reserve already.

 

Jungkook pretended to text on his phone, while the girl looked out of the window at passing cars and such.  But every once in a while he would sneak a glance at her from the corner of his eyes…

 

“Aachoo…,” she squeaked two seats away from him.  “Aachoo…”

 

“Bless you,” the younger replied finding the way she sneezed cute.

 

“Huh?,” she turned looking back towards him.

 

“It’s what you say... when people ….sneeze in the States,”  Jungkook spoke in choppy english, he was a bit out of practice.  

 

“Oh yes,  thank you,” she said also speaking english.

 

Luckily for the both of them they soon arrive at their destination.

 

---

 

Wasting no time they got right into the lesson.

 

“Do you prefer to speak in english or korean at first,” she said settling down in the seat next to him.  In the office space was a medium sized round table with all of his study materials available. In all actuality, the teen was already an avid studier and generally a good student so he had already devised a plan of summer for the summer, but he didn’t mind the company.

 

“We can speak in english,  that way I can practice more,” he said scratching at back of his head nervously.  There was no way he was going to be able to concentrate on his studies on this day.

 

“Okay let’s work through the first lesson…,” the older exclaimed turning the pages of the workbook.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter