Chapter Three

Familiar Touch
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

FYI the scene from the forward is in this chapter :) enjoy.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

The heat of the morning sunlight awoke the young boy out of his sleep. With great difficulty, the blonde opened his closed eyes which were kinda sealed shut from the tears he shed the previous night. Jimin had cried himself to sleep again and the growling of his stomach told him he had also skipped a meal.

 

The boy sat up in the bed and took in his surroundings remembering that he was in Korea now. The smell of the food caught his attention and woke him up a bit more. Last night's dinner was replaced with an American style-type breakfast complete with pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

 

But like every other morning in the last two weeks, Jimin first pickup his phone to listen to the voice of his mother before making any attempt to get out of bed. There were a few old voice mails that he had yet to delete that she had left him. He pushed play for the one a year ago.

 

'Jimin...I see you missed my call...I'm just calling to remind to not forget your dance shoes this time. Since your performance starts at four I won't be able to go home like last time so do remember. Love ya honey. Take your pill! Be good at school!'

 

The message ended too soon but Jimin would not cry this time. He promised his mother he would try to be happy so that's what he was going to do.

 

He was hopeful that with more family around, they could help him cope and find some kind of normal once again. Jimin's mother had been battling cancer for three years and had fought til her last but in the end she had succumbed to the disease.

 

The voice mail also reminded Jimin that he had forgotten something very important back in the states. His male menstruation pills. According to Jimin, he had the somewhat rare and mainly unfortunate ability to get pregnant. He had only figured it out two years ago when he started cramping up and bleeding one day. He thought he was dying until the school nurse told him about the gene. With only twenty percent of the male population having the gene and even less having the active machinery with it, this ability it was a rare occurrence. Most men just would remove that part of them once they became of age. Usually around eighteen to twenty-one, but since Jimin was fifteen he had to take the pill. If he took them consistently, he would never have a period however the blonde was terrible at remembering to take them at all if not consistently. So he had a flow twice maybe three times a year.

 

Trying not to dwell on the thought the boy instead focus on the task at hand. Eating the delicious food before him.

 

Eventually he had to face the man who was his biological father. He had spoken to him over the phone a few times in Korean and once in English but Jimin still considered him a stranger. His mother said he was her first love but to Jimin he would only be someone he was living with for now.

 

After eating, the boy got dressed and made his way into the main area of the apartment with the breakfast tray in hand.

 

“Yes I'll be back in tomorrow just have them emailed to me by Thursday,” said a low voice by the kitchen.

 

Rounding the corner of the hallway Jimin saw the source of the voice standing near the breakfast nook. From the back view, the man was obviously tal

Please log in to read the full chapter