Chapter Twenty Three

Familiar Touch
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jungkook get back here immediately!

Jungkook received the urgent text only a few minutes after arriving at his parents’ estate in Jeju.  He had begrudgingly agreed to keep interactions with Jimin for the next few days limited to phone calls and text messages.  Supposedly Hyungsik had found the best psychologist for his situation in South Korea a few months ago and had basically commissioned her for a year to help them.  It was her idea that he leave for a few days, but now he was told only to return the same day after taking the short helicopter ride.  He tried to call his hyung but he hadn’t picked up nor replied to responding text messages.

When he arrived at the apartment that evening, Hyungsik met him at the door.  In the distance he saw Jimin sitting on the couch next to the psychologist.

“Jimin are you okay?,” he said.

“I’m fine, Dad I have to tell you something,” he smiled.

“Jungkook, take him to your room,” the older said exhausted.  The look he gave him was anger and something else.

Jungkook did not hesitate to walk down the hallway as he beaconed Jimin to follow.  Once inside Jungkook closed the door and released a big sigh.

“I’ve only been gone a few hours and I already miss you,” he laughed.  “I guess this is what addiction feels like,” he continued not really looking at the direction where Jimin stood.

“I’m not strong enough to be away from you but I guess they say she’s the best so…,” he trailed off pointing towards the door.  “I don’t want to hurt you anymore.  I hope you can understand Jimin,” he finished finally daring to look at his son.  His beautiful son who seemed to glow in the day light.  He had on baggy sweatpants and a matching sweater, but he was still drop dead gorgeous to him.  He gently placed his hand on the younger's thigh.  Jimin looked through the open door to see they were being carefully watch by other's present.  Hyungsik especially look on in interest.

“At first I was confused, and I was afraid of you…of myself…of what this all meant but now I know for sure that I love you.  I just don’t know if we love each other the same way,” the younger spoke quietly.  Jimin’s words crushed his heart.

“Dad…I’m pregnant.  I have known this for a while, but I was too afraid to tell you.  I think it must have been that first time we…I’m nearly four months now,” he spoke with confidence and sadness.

Jungkook only looked at the other in silence.

“Is it mine?” he asked after a beat.

“Why would you ask me that?”

“I don’t know Jimin, you just said you don’t love me like I love you,” Jungkook nearly shouted.  “I can’t believe you’re pregnant…just wow.”

“I’ve only ever been with you Dad.  I wanted a father not a lover.  I wanted to love you like a son loves his father I wanted you to love me like a father loves his son.”  Jungkook listened without any more words to say.

“Do you remember the first time you came to me?  I thought it was so kind that offered to massage me.  Then you just did that.  I was so scared.  I thought you were going to hurt me.  I cried about that for days.  I was just so confused...”

“You’re saying that I abused you Jimin, is that what you’re saying now?!”

“I’m sorry—”

“No you came to me last night, I know we’re not perfect but we do love each other,” Jungkook interrupted in a whisper.  Jungkook was right but Jimin was trying to cut things off now so that it would be easier to say what he had to say next.

“I’m going to keep the baby and move back to New York.  Jim’s family is there, and I can start a new life with them,” he said.  “You don’t have to worry about it.”

Jungkook watched as he left the room, then exhaled as Hyungsik shook his head at him in disappointment.  Jimin was leaving him, just like his first wife had done, and just like his first love had also.

 

Later that night Jungkook was briefed by the doctor and the counselor on what plans they had made coming up.  Jimin had been told the same information earlier already but not the most important part of the plan.

When it was discovered that he was pregnant, Hyungsik decided that they would terminate it immediately.  He authorized the doctor to induce the teen into a safe miscarriage.  Jimin instead was told that would have an appointment with a obstetrician in a few days.  Jimin was given the “booster” shot which he thought would help with low iron in his blood but instead it was designed to trigger the miscarriage.

Jungkook was familiar with how things were in Korea, systems were in place to prevent scandals, so his assistant did what he thought was best without informing him first.  Shortly after his conversation with Jimin, Hyungsik told him about the planned miscarriage, Jimin already had the shot, the deed was as good as done.

 

“My friend Yoongi’s coming to pick me up.  I’ll be staying with him until I can fly back,” the teen said pulling along a suitcase. He had his hand over his lower tummy.

“I have cramps sometimes,” he said noticing Jungkook’s concern.  “He’ll help me take this down,” he said after the fact.

When the pale boy did arrive, he greeted the older then assisted Jimin in taking down the luggage.

“I’m sorry Jimin,” Jungkook said as the friend reentered the apartment.  He gently kissed him on the forehead then walked away…

The drive was a quiet one, only broken but the silent sobs coming from the pregnant teen.  Yoongi had overhead part of Jimin’s conversation with his father curious after receiving a desperate call from the teen earlier that day…

“You can help me?”

“I can help you both,” said the woman.

“Do you think that right now is the best time to bring a child into your relationship with your father Jimin,” she asked suddenly appearing less relatable and more direct.  “You’re fifteen, you’re in school, and having a child now wouldn’t help you rediscover your truth,” she finished smiling.

“My truth?..” the younger replie

Please log in to read the full chapter