stranger in familiarity (krystal x amber)

Purplish Thoughts (ficlet collection)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Aish.”

 

Irritated is an understatement. She thinks the world must be punishing her for quitting her job and disappointing her parents… again. She did not rush to catch a bus at 12 midnight only to be ruined by some stranger.

 

“Aish.”

 

It’s the third incident today, from just this stranger alone.

 

She was forced to take an aisle seat because there was none available. Otherwise, she would have to wait for the 3 AM bus and she’d rather leave now. This stranger falls asleep and with just a drive over a hump, her body leans over to Krystal’s. Having no patience and positivity left in her, she requested to transfer seats halfway through the ride.

 

The second was in the museum. She was in the middle of taking a breathtaking picture of the landscape outside when a certain person got into the frame. Granted she doesn’t know and just happens to be there. Krystal is still rather pissed.

 

Third. She can’t believe there’s a third. On the same day. With the same stranger.

 

“You’re in my spot.”
 

The girl stopped what she was doing, sandwich held mid-air just as she was about to take a bite, and looked at a fuming Krystal.

 

The nuisance laughs. How dare she.

 

“I thought this is a public park? Or does this seat have your name?”

 

How can someone say a snarky remark with a light tone?

 

“Yes. Uh. N-no… Ugh!”

 

The stranger smiles.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter