halloween special (wendy x irene)

Purplish Thoughts (ficlet collection)
Please log in to read the full chapter

There are screams. And nobody would have guessed whose voice was louder.

 

Wendy ends up in a laughing fit, clutching her stomach as she catches air to breathe. If it weren’t for the dirty footsteps and disgusting things on the floor, she might have rolled on it.

 

“Shh! I could get fired for this!”
 

Wendy seems to come to her senses so she quiets down. Nevertheless, she’s still snickering, cheeks hurting from the surprise.

 

She hates to be the cause of this girl losing her job so she forces herself to calm down. She tries to look seriously at the said employee in front of her but she ends up sniggering once again.

 

A laughing Wendy isn’t really that terrible, except maybe when she’s halfway through a horror house of all places, laughing at the girl in a white dress and long, black hair covering half her face.

 

She’s supposed to be scary, mimicking sadako from the famous horror movie. There’s even a well behind her.

 

But the thing is, the moment Wendy saw her and shrieked, said sadako yelped louder AND jumped away from her. It’s the best– ever – thing that happened to Wendy in all her horror house adventures.

 

Probably realizing Wendy was left behind, her friend rushes back and drags her to the end, leaving a startled mascot behind.

 

She and her friends grab a cotton candy and iced coffee. She insists on sitting near the exit of the horror house and just watches people’s reactions.

 

Either nonchalant, or terrified, none of the other customers looked as amused as she is.

 

She stays behind and waits for the sadako girl to come out. A man walks out with his girlfriend – probably Frankenstein’s monster and the witch. They’re both comparatively tall. There’s another woman who was about five inches taller than Wendy, but she doesn’t seem like the startled employee from before.

 

Finally, there’s a petite woman with long hair. She’s probably as tall as Wendy, and she kind of resembles the girl behind the supposedly scary costume.

 

“Hi!” Wendy starts but then becomes shy with what she was about to say next. “Were you… sadako?”

 

The girl shakes he head. “No… But what do you want from her?”

 

“I’m here to apologize. It’s kind of an embarrassing story so…”

 

The girl stares her down from head

Please log in to read the full chapter