closer (wendy x rose)

Purplish Thoughts (ficlet collection)
Please log in to read the full chapter

She finally wakes up at least numb. No more thrumming in her chest and banging in her head. It’s already dark outside, the light and the sun passing without her knowing.

 

She breathes, relieved that it aches less by now. Not as painful as the day Irene left her behind.

 

She walks out her bedroom to see a dimly lit room. There’s food on the table, with the signature blue paper beside it. Her roommate is nowhere to be found.

 

Wendy climbs up to the rooftop where the sky is clear and the stars shine more brightly than it did in the past months.

 

She sees a girl standing near the ledge of the building. Deep in thought, she looks up at the dark sky.

 

“Come closer.”

 

Wendy takes small steps. Rosé doesn’t even look back. She’s always been good at detecting Wendy’s presence, anyway.

 

But Rosé couldn’t have predicted the back hug, if her soft gasp is enough indication of that.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Rosé feels the wetness on her shoulder and hears the sniffles right behind her.

 

Wendy lifts her head when the other girl’s hands leave her own. Rosé caresses Wendy’s hair, combs it with her hands, and braids it together with her own.

 

left…

 

right…

 

Wendy thinks it looks lovely, chestnut and burgundy woven with each other, a pretty little image of a bond too strong for words.

Please log in to read the full chapter