coincidence (wendy x irene)

Purplish Thoughts (ficlet collection)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wendy is anything but an artist.

 

But recently, art sparked her interest for an unknown reason.

 

Maybe she enjoys looking at the artworks around the campus.

 

Maybe passing by the fine arts building everyday on her way to her own has an effect on her.

 

Or maybe the universe is setting her up for a certain someone.

 

 

It interested her so much that she bought art materials, searched for inspiration, and tried different styles.

 

Eventually, she started sketching things that catch her attention to the point where she daydreams of images in class or dreams of designs at night.

 

She awoke at 3:29 in the wee morning with a jolt and an idea in her mind.

 

She took the pens and markers from her bedside table and started to draw the image from her dreams.

 

A purple flower with a yellow bud in the middle appears part by part on paper. The petals delicate like it just started to bloom. Its leaves are slender but not too long. She doesn’t know what flower it is or what it means. She doesn’t even know why she’s suddenly interested in it, as she’s never drawn flowers before.

 

Wendy can’t stop thinking about it, no matter how simple it is. She keeps the sketch protectively in between her books.

 

Days passed and no more images come.

 

Wendy was too caught up in her own world while walking that she absentmindedly bumps into someone and the books she’s clutching fall to the ground.

 

“Sorry!” two voices say in unison.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter