one swallow doesn't make a summer (mina x seulgi)

Purplish Thoughts (ficlet collection)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kang Seulgi is that marshmallow on her plate.

 

Mina knows that nothing about this spontaneous meet-up would end well. Not when her heart hammers too much that it actually hurts. Not when Kang Seulgi is still as pretty, as sincere, as vulnerable as she remembers her to be.

 

It’s messy and there are held-back tears. Mina swallows, because deep in her mind she knows she wants this. She pretends the thought doesn’t come to her five times a week, pretends she doesn’t think of her more than she would ever know.

 

It started with a kiss. Seulgi plants a chaste goodbye kiss on her cheeks.

 

The next move should be Mina stepping out of the car, waving a goodbye, and turning her back one last time. But she can’t. And she won’t.

 

Mina shifts on her seat slightly to face the girl with cat-like eyes. Seulgi bites her bottom lip again, and Mina wishes she’s doing that to her instead.

 

A gasp is heard when Mina catches Seulgi off-guard by placing her hands firmly on her thigh. Seulgi reaches for her hand and interlaces their fingers. She seems deep in thought, calculating her next action.

 

Then comes a flurry of words that somehow sounds like Mina’s winning, but she’s really not. It’s temporary, short-lived, like everything else in her life.

 

Mina melts when Seulgi’s lips tell her without words that she’s hers. Maybe things got lost in translation because Seulgi is hers tonight, but only for one long blissful nig

Please log in to read the full chapter