Running man promotions part 2

Idol life: Reunion under the cherry blossom tree (Discontinued)

We have finished showing off our charms, and are currently moving as teams to our different designated mission locations. Team M travels to Itaewon and starts filming there. I look around, reminded that I am with Jungkook, Shownu, big nose, Rose, Somin, Jackson, and Jihyo. Not a bad team if I do say myself! I think that based on personal ability, our team is stronger overall, but nevertheless, you should never feel safe while filming Running Man...

We sit on our bus, route headed for Itaewon. Shownu and Rose sat together, prompting some suspicious stares from the cast, until Jackson sat down next to me as well, forming 2 male-female cast groups. On the bus, we still continue filming, with the hosts asking us questions and requesting juicy details about the show, as well as the filming process and interaction between the cast.

"For our bus segment, we need to create some excitement!  I started watching your show and am currently very deeply addicted to it. What can we expect in the next few episodes? How are your characters similar and different? Also, why the seating? If the seating is based on the in-show couples, why isn't Jackson with Rose as well?" asked Jihyo.

Jackson answered immediately in response:  "Currently, we can see many love triangles forming between the characters, with the guys having their affections all focus on one girl. According to the director, if the poles request the guys to change their person of affection, then we are supposed to work that into the plot as well. Filming this is honestly really hard because there is no 100% set script. Even the one we have now has a few blanks left for the polls. To explain the seating, if I did sit with Rose, then ____ would be alone. Since I am her friend both on and off camera, I think it would be nice if we could chat about things for a bit."

Dude....Jackson, I realize your true motive. You wanted to be a bro and leave Shownu + Rose alone, but you also wanted to talk and interact with me. I guess I don't mind it.

"Slightly suspicious of these cast members....either some of them are sabotagers, or there is an off-set relationship." Big nose wrinkled his brows and pondered if there was any hidden meaning behind this.

"Regardless, we will keep an eye out for undercover sabotagers. We can't lose."  Jungkook is being his normal commander self. I almost had the self-urge to say 'Yes Sir!"

Afterwards, the hosts continue to ask a few questions, with Somin even participating in. All the questions make for a relaxed, fun atmosphere.  A few more blinks in, and we had arrived in Itaewon. I can already see the place overflowing with natives as well as tourists. The PD announces that all of us shall split up into 2 groups of four: Jungkook and Shownu with big nose and Rose. Somin and Jackson with Jihyo and I.

"Before any of you ask, yes, there is a reason as to why the ratio of one gender to another in each group is three to one. Once again, this episode will be one filled with twists, so please work hard everyone!" says the PD.

"Aish....I knew that there would be some type of a twist. That's what this show is about most of the time..." said Jihyo and Jungkook.

"Alright, so I will tell you the mission now. It's like a game of heads up, but with the foreigners. In each split team, there are members that can speak foreign languages. Jungkook and Rose can speak English, while I hear that Shownu knows a bit of Japanese. Jackson knows English, and ____ knows a bit of English as well, but mostly French is her specialty. That aside, you all will need to play games with the foreigners, and get them to say an assigned word or do an assigned action. Each team has an hour to find as many people as possible, and rack up points. Both teams will then add their points together, and trade points for items that can be used later." says the PD as he lays out the plans for us.

"Woah I didn't know that you spoke French!" Somin was amazed by hearing about my French ability. 

"Well, till I was 11, I grew up in France. I have that to thank for my ability." I smile warmly at Somin's surprised face, filled with joy at hearing such praise.

As soon as the whistle sounds, we sprint to find some foreigners that knew Korean well, leaving the cameraman in our dust, trying their hardest to catch up. Under the warm sun and our layered clothes, I can feel my sweat forming. Lots of the people in Itaewon recognize us, so we wait for a crowd to form. I walk over to Jackson, taking a small toy mic that amplified my voice, and proceed to ask if there are any English or French-speaking foreigners. We ask this question, of course, in both respective languages. We are lucky enough to find 15 people right away. SCORE! Itaewon isn't a famous tourist attraction for no reason! This will be easier than I had originally predicted! The foreigners get into a line, each with cards placed on their helmets, beckoning at us to start the game. With the clock ticking down, we start our game.

The first word was shown was helmet. Jackson quickly responds in English, "What are you wearing for this game right now?"

The foreigner responds in English, with her beautiful British accent, "H-Hel-met?

"Yes, that's it!" Jackson walks up to the foreigner, all warm smiles, high fives her, creating a jealous aura from all the females in the crowd. All I can see from the foreigner is delight and awe that she received a high five and a warm smile. Haha, she looks like she could die without regrets now kekeke! But....why does part of me hurt to see Jackson be even the slightest bit friendly with someone else.....naw, get those thoughts out of your head ____...

It comes to my turn now, and I'm given the word, kiss. The Foreigner seemed French, so I went ahead and said, "What is a customary action during greeting?" His response is immediate, "a kiss." I give the foreigner a hug and thumbs up, sensing the formation of waves of jealousy from the male fans, as well as Jackson. What were Somin and Jihyo doing in the midst of this? They laughed along, gave us thumbs up, momentarily speaking to some of their own fans in the crowd. The process continues with the other 13 people, and we did pretty well I'd say. Only 3 people gave up, all of them on metaphors and idioms, which to be fair, were extremely tough. So in total, we had gotten 12 people so far, and we were only 10 minutes in! Yes!

My face brightens up with joy, to which Jackson walks over, and whispers in my ear, "You should stop smiling princess. I feel like all the males in the crowd would agree, that you are stealing their hearts and blinding them with such a smile. Plus, I want your cuteness and smile reserved for me only, no matter how selfish that sounds." Dangit Jackson....your husky low voice ringing in my ear is driving me crazy....

Amongst the crowd, I can faintly hear some chatter about the recent news regarding Jimin and I. I chose to ignore it since both of us already clarified it. 

"Ok. Since we are finished, how about we head elsewhere?" Suggests Somin, to which the rest of us nod our heads. we bow to the participants as well as the crowd, and head for another place in search for more foreigners.

On the way to the mall, where we expected many tourists to be, all of us receive a call from someone. The crew tells us to get into different booths, all of which as spaced out. I enter a booth I place the phone us to my ear and hear a familiar voice that belonged to Rose. 

"Hey ____, how are you doing over there? I'm just calling you to tell u that I'm choosing you as a fellow sabotager for the team. Our team has 6 members, which are you, me, Somin, Chanyeol, Kwansoo,  and Yugyeom. The six of us are going against everyone else, otherwise known as 11 members."

"Say what Rose?! How did this even happen? Tell me that first, then tell me what I need to do to be a sabotager for the group."

"K. So all of us were blindfolded and guided into a booth. When they said I could take my blindfold off, I was in a booth with a computer. I put on the headphones and watched the instructional video. It said that I had the power to choose a fellow female to be a sabotager, so I chose you. The other people who had a similar power were apparently Kwangsoo and Yugyeom. Kwangsoo chose Somin, Yugyeom chose Chanyeol. Also, look directly under your chair. There, you will find a card that lists what ability you have. Jeez, this is almost just like filming for Midnight Vigilante."

"Haha ok I see. Oh my card says that I can use my martial arts! Lol well not to directly hurt anyone else, but that I can use it to get someone out as a scare tactic, or to claim an area. Huh, they really designed this to be difficult... the name tag ripping process had been combined with capture the flag.."

"Right, forgot to mention that. Regardless, make sure that for all of the missions you compete in, you get in the top 2. If you do that, we will get 5 points. Also, if you can't get in to top 2, make sure that Kwangsoo or Yugyeom get in the top 2. You guys have the same mission, so as long as at least 1 of you is top 2, we are safe. Somin, Chanyeol, and I, must fool the other members to do certain actions. Good luck!" 

The call ends, and I find myself hiding my card in my jacket pocket. Time to start having some fun!