Running Man promotions part 1

Idol life: Reunion under the cherry blossom tree (Discontinued)

Everything was all flying by so fast... A week later, the cast and I are on Running man, currently promoting our show, which had been gaining lots of attention since the beginning. We currently have aired six episodes, while we are filming the tenth. Right now, I'm standing in a small, claustrophobic room, with my character's suit and earpiece on, waiting to be chosen by one of the original members for creating a team. Wait....are those footsteps?! Alright, alright, come over to the black room, not the other colors, but my room color!

"Woah! Woah! I got Emma-shi! Annyeong Emma-shi!" Let me think, that sounded like Kwangsoo's voice! Looking through the peephole, yeah that's the giraffe alright. I personally hope to get Jihyo, Haha, or Jaesuk, personally because they are my favs. Jihyo sunbae is so gorgeous yet amazingly athletic and savage! She's hilarious! 

"PD-nim! Can both of us choose 1 room?" As a real fan, I'd recognize that voice anywhere....it's Song Jihyo's voice! My idol! I wonder who she's with....

"No Jihyo, you guys must go separately in regards to the 'M' group and the 'V' group." I think that voice maybe belonged to a staff member, I don't recognize it...

"Ya Kwangsoo! What group are you? Group M or group V?" IT'S THE ANYANG OPPA AND TIGER JUNGKOOK! Dang, he would be a strong teammate as well...

The door to the black room opens, and I am greeted by our unofficial 5th member, the ace, the one and only, Song Jihyo!!!

"O-oh Jihyo sunbae annyeonghaseyo! I'm a huge fan! Thank you for choosing the black room, and me alongside it!"

Jihyo sunbae smiles brightly and pumps her fist in glory. "Nice to meet you _____! Can I just call you _____? I'm honored that you like and support me. I have heard from my fans that you are a big fan, and they say that I'm the unofficial fifth member of your group haha. Let's go outside of this small room. I'm team M. Now that I see some of the guests, I'm guessing that the 'M' stands for midnight and the 'V' stands for vigilante."

"Ne, you're right. So now that you've chosen me, I'm team midnight."

Stepping out of the small room felt fantastic. Now I could actually breathe and walk around properly. It was 8 in the morning, and we were in a large building containing multiple pools, courts, and other recreational areas. On team M was Jungkook and Shownu, big nose and Rose, Somin and Jackson, ending with Jihyo and I. Team V had Haha and Chanyeol, Jaesuk and Jimin+ Taehyung, Kwangsoo and Emma, ending with Se Chan and Yugyeom.


We entered a small period of just talking, quite more like being interviewed. Like the wonderful MC he is, Jaesuk started off asking the questions.

"How was filming this show? What equipment did you guys use to film the scenes?! In addition, congratulations to Taehyung and Emma-shi! This is the first official variety show that you two have been on since the announcement, so we welcome you!"

After some embarrassment from both Emma and Taehyung, it's time to show our 'charms.' I wait for my turn to show off something, maybe my dancing? I don't know...I didn't really prepare anything. Right before my turn, I'm handed some nun-chucks, to which the production crew tells me to use the nun-chucks as if I were in Hapkido training, then do a few Hapkido moves.

"Well for introductions, hello Bae _____ from MysticAce, and I play Lily in 'Midnight vigilante.' I'm Oh boy, I'm a bit rusty with the nun-chucks, but I can try. I should be fine with Hapkido moves....I'll do kicks. " I hesitate, do a few basic nun-chuck skills for warm up, then progress to the more advanced and complicated skills, controlling the nun-chucks perfectly from muscle memory.

"Ya guys I scored a strong one for a teammate! Good job ____!" Hearing praise from Jihyo, I immediately end my nun-chuck sequence, face scorching hot from blushing, and thank Jihyo for the compliment. 

"For the kicks, I'll do a three level spin heel kick and a leg hook spinning kick. Heel kicks were always my specialty. I need someone to hold the target equipment though, someone strong. Jungkook-shi, may you hold the target for me?" The other guy's hadn't seen this before, so I must be perfect when I do this, in order to impress everyone and gain some more fans! 

"Just to be clear ____, if I hold this, you won't kick me instead and kill me right?" Jungkook looked seriously worried but nodded when I shook my head and gave him a thumbs up. I explained what he needed to for the three level kick. I stretch myself out, doing a few slow practice kicks, and I already hear oohs and ahhs from the production and the cast.

"Alright, I'm ready. Be prepared Jungkook-shi, three level kick first please... HAA!"  I give a strong scream, startling some people and causing giggles in others, but those emotions all change to utter amazement and speechlessness as I complete my three level kick.

"Wow! She has some power to her! It was hard to hold onto the target pads like that!" It seems that the tiger cub has baffled the muscle tiger now.

I rest 10 seconds before production calls in another Hapkido member for me to do the leg hook spinning kick on since it would be inappropriate to ask the running man cast to do that. I focus on my target areas where I need to kick the person and go, performing the kick relatively well.

"____? Kwangsoo here. I don't understand why it was called leg hook spinning kick. I understand the spinning kick, but not the leg hook part."

"Ok Kwangsoo sunbae, allow me to show you why." I ask the other martial artist to stand up again, this time I do the kick slowly, emphasizing the leg hook component, and earn a nice reaction from the other members.


Srry this is short, but I'm short on time. part two soon! also, if you want to see the kicks described, here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avIU419nfx8