Chapter 6

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYOMIN'S POV

"So how are we supposed to figure it out? We don't even know where the next location of missing people will be" I said after Boram explained our mission to me.

 

My first mission turns out to be a headache rather than an exciting one but I'm fully aware that this is a serious problem.

 

"Well, I don't know either. Maybe we should go that restricted area later after class. You said there's something suspicious there right? Let's see if we could get something there" She said.

 

The restricted area....

 

"Alright, we'll do but you better prepare yourself to fight just in case coz I can't promise you that I would be able to protect you" I said.

 

If something bad happens to Boram during our mission I'm sure my father will blame me for it.

 

"Don't worry about it. I can fight too. Have a little confidence in yourself Hyo" She said tapping my shoulder.

 

Anyway, we're having our lunch here in the cafeteria now though I prefer eating something else.... We failed to attend our morning classes since it took us time to discuss the mission.

 

All of a sudden the girl I met earlier flash into my mind.

 

"Hey, do you know someone named Jihyun around here?" I ask Boram.

 

"Jihyun?...Jihyun who?" She ask.

 

"Hmm. That's all she said to me but you know I think we meet somewhere before. I just can't remember." I said playing the remaining food on my plate.

 

"You sound interested in her? You could always mark her anytime or is it something else...?" She said sending me a grin.

 

"It's not something like that. I don't want to eat her soul either. Well, at least nothing urge me to do that even I haven't eaten one today....I just suddenly remembered her." I said scratching the back of my head.

 

Weird.

 

"Anyway, I think we should bring a flame thrower with us tonight or something that creates huge fire." I said changing our topic.

 

I shouldn't have brought Jihyun in our conversation.

 

"What for?" She ask.

 

"For protection against vampires. We could kill them instantly with fire but none of the guardians these days have the kind of power but we still could use tools." I said. Hunters use ice. Guardians of Wisdom uses wind which they use to control the weather by moving the clouds. Guardians of Discord have earth powers while Guardians of Love like Eunjung use water. None of those creates fire.

 

Well, I heard Guardians of Death's power is fire but none of them exist anymore and if one does I believe their existence won't last long.

 

"We don't need to use that. It's very inconvenient. Beside we don't plan to enter a battlefield. If we can't take the enemy down then we have to evade. We don't need to fight to death." She said.

 

"Well, sounds good to me. I'm just really excited to kill a vampire for the first time. You know Dad would start trusting me if ever" I said.

 

"I understand but...we're not even sure if the vampires were really the enemy. Vampires were only one of the suspects" She said.

 

"What do you mean?" I ask.

 

"Who among the Guardians could keep a mortal hidden for themselves?" She ask.

 

That made me think....

 

"OMG! No way!" I said when I finally realize it.

 

"Yes but it's just a suspicion I made. I'm not sure about anything yet" She said.

 

"But if they use the prison crystal then, they're breaking the law. It's forbidden to use that crystal." I said.

 

"I know but you know Guardians of Discord. They're not scared of breaking any rules." She said.

 

I sighed.

 

"Well, if you say so. I guess we have to take a look at every detail till we sort everything out" I said.

 

This is a lot of work than expected.

 

Boram and I separated after eating lunch. Since our classrooms were on different direction.

 

I was walking in the hallway when I saw a familiar figure on the corner.

 

I stop walking and just look at her.

 

She was on the corner leaning forward on the railing looking at the ground.

 

I can't help not to check what she's looking at down there.

 

We're on the 2nd floor so I bet she's looking at one of those students walking down there.

 

Err.... why am I curious about that?

 

I decided to approach her since I was only able to get her name.

 

"Hey Jihyun-ssi" I greeted her with a smile.

 

She turn to look at me. She seemed shock but her expression suddenly shifted into a frown.

 

Eyy?

 

"Don't ever talk to me again" She said coldly and walk away.

 

I stand here in shock while watching her leave.

 

W-what was that?

 

Have I done something wrong???

 

I start chasing her and grab her wrist to stop her then turn her around to face me.

 

Cold....

 

Are my powers acting up again?

 

I immediately let go of her afraid that I might freeze her.

 

"Park Hyomin-ssi. Please leave me alone and don't ask why" She said and walk away.

 

This time I just let her leave. There's a hint of anger in her voice.

 

Have done something to her before?

 

OMG! Don't tell I did something that upsets her those times that I was drunk???!!

 

And why my powers seem to activate automatically when I touch her?

 

That's just weird.

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

We're finally back at the school.

 

Jiyeon is not talking to me again while Soyeon keeps suggesting things to me.

 

Jiyeon is walking ahead of us with her arms cross. I want to walk beside her like always but I'm still not sure if that is ok.

 

"Hey, go ask her on a date" She whispered to me.

 

"What are you talking about? Why would I do that?" I ask.

 

"Just use your powers to her or wait....you did it already didn't you?!" She said teasingly accusing me.

 

"Yah I never! What the hell are you thinking?!" I said denying it.

 

Why would I do that to Jiyeon?

 

"Calm down." She said while laughing at me.

 

I scratch the back of my head.

 

Am I really befriending her?

 

Soyeon is troublesome and crazy!

 

"But seriously Eunjung. Ask her on a date and be romantic. I'm sure Jiyeon will forgive you" She said whispering again so that Jiyeon wouldn't hear her.

 

"How did you know it will work on her? Jiyeon is your classmate but you've only known her just yesterday" I said.

 

"Tsk. Tsk. Paboya. You just don't get it do you? Did you even ask yourself why did I suggest that you should date her?" She ask.

 

Date her.....

 

 

 

 

 

DATE HER???

 

"Yah! Are you tell me that she l-...she..." I can't even say it.

 

....Because it was impossible!

 

Soyeon thinks Jiyeon likes me!

 

Tsk. That's a big joke.

 

"Help me...help!!"

 

Huh?

 

I suddenly bumped into something in front of me.

 

When I look up I found out that it's Jiyeon.

 

"What's wrong Jiyeonnie?" Soyeon ask but Jiyeon didn't answer.

 

I look around....who's that?

 

"Soyeon-ah did hear it?" I ask Soyeon.

 

"Heard what?" She ask.

 

"Someone is asking help" I said while still looking around searching for someone who looks like they needed help but I found none.

 

"Please!.... Somebody! Save me! Can anyone hear me?!"

 

I heard it again...

 

"I can hea-" I was about to answer whoever that is but Jiyeon suddenly cover my mouth.

 

She's giving a very serious look.

 

**gulp**

 

"Never answer a lost soul's call. Answer them means giving them permission to possess your body" She said.

 

M-mworago?

 

I don't know if she's serious about that but I suddenly feel chill.

 

It's not that I'm scared with ghost or something but the way she said it....

 

"Uhm guys...care to explain what's happening?" Soyeon ask but none of us care to answer her till....

 

...Jiyeon sudden laugh.

 

"You're really a stupid cupid. You're so funny if you could just see your face Eunjung" Jiyeon said while laughing and continue walking.

 

"Eunjung-ah. What just happen?" Soyeon ask still clueless about it.

 

"I heard someone calling" I said.

 

"Yeah. You said that already. That someone asking for help" She said.

 

"You didn't heard it?" I ask.

 

She look at me like she was examining if I'm serious before she answered.

 

"No. Aside from the noise around. I didn't heard what you hear" She said.

 

Soyeon didn't hear it?

 

Then, what was it?

 

"...But does Jiyeon hear it too? She tried to stop you from answering right?" She said wondering.

 

"Yeah but...it could also be that she's making fun of me being her usual self." I said.

 

"Just ignore it Eunjung. Maybe you're just really wrapped up with your thoughts that you start hearing things. C'mon let's catch up to Jiyeon" She said dragging me with her.

 

I let her drag me while still thinking about what I heard.

 

I don't think I'm just hearing things.

 

I heard it twice.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter