Chapter 32

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IU'S POV

I'm secretly watching Jiyeon from the distance.

 

Just as expected. Her eyes could see through the barrier.

 

This dimension will be destroyed in few more hours.

 

The more I could let her stay here longer the more chance she of have of dying in this world.

 

But she's lucky coz I could still bring her corpse back to the real world.

 

Zera still needs her body as a container.

 

But still that can't guarantee that everything will go according to planned.

 

Her eyes are the strongest Grim Reaper's Eyes a Guardian of Death could possess and aside from that fact...

 

Fu is fully awakened now. I better be careful.

 

I think it would be better if Jiyeon would kick Fu out of her body.

 

But how will I do that?

 

It's not long till I found the answer.

 

**smirk**

 

You're just in time my Queen.

 

I make sure that I would get Jiyeon's attention so she would look in this way and witness that scene.

 

When I finally draw her attention there I immediately hide and watch carefully what will happen next.

 

I smile in triumph while watching Jiyeon's reaction on what she just saw.

 

"How could you do play with my feelings....Stupid cupid!" She yelled

 

That's right.

 

Hate her.

 

Hate your beloved Eunjung!

 

I'm wondering how Fu could convince her now.

 

It's easy to turn love into hate but turning hate back to love is almost an impossible thing.

 

"SHUT UP FU! LEAVE ME ALONE!" Jiyeon shouted again.

 

The smile on my face grew.

 

She must be talking to Fu now.

 

And it's actually good that she won't listen to her.

 

I activated my Grim Reaper's Eyes and notice that the other aura in Jiyeon's body was slowly disappearing.

 

It didn't take that long till it's finally gone.

 

After confirming that Fu already disappears I deactivated my eyes.

 

Since I didn't own this I can't use it for too long or these eyes will take control of me.

 

Our plans will be ruined if that happens.

 

I continue tailing Jiyeon.

 

I can't let her out of my sight now that this world will be destroyed within few hours.

 

She's taking the path away from the kingdom.

 

The way towards the city. But then when we're almost there she suddenly change her path and walk in the middle of a sunflower meadow.

 

Hmm.

 

I don't understand why she's here but we're getting farther to the gate too.

 

I must so something to get her bac-

 

Huh?

 

I stop when Jiyeon suddenly disappear in a puff of smoke.

 

Where did she go?

 

I didn't know she also mastered the fire teleportation like Zera.

 

I look around to search for her possible location.

 

Did she noticed me following her?

 

But then while I'm busy searching for her I suddenly felt something sharp pointed on my neck.

 

That then I realized that it was Jiyeon's claws.

 

"If I kill you now this world will be my world. Where everything is under my control" She said and dig her nails on my neck.

 

"I would've screamed in pain but I don't feel pain. You must've known by now. I'm made out of a forbidden ritual. I don't have a real body" I said.

 

"I know. You might not feel any pain but you will still die...or should I say destroyed?" She said being too confident of herself.

 

So far from the Jiyeon I know.

 

"If you kill me your mother's eyes will be dead too" I said

 

"I don't care about the real world. I want my own world where everything will be as I want them to be" She said.

 

So she doesn't care about the real world anymore?

 

"And what kind of world is that?....A world where you can be with Eunjung forever?" I ask.

 

She was in silence for a while.

 

That seems to caught her off guard so I took the chance of escaping from her.

 

I stand few meters away facing her.

 

Damn. She created an ugly hole on my neck.

 

She was staring at me with a blank expression.

 

We were both in silence.

 

Only the wind blowing could be heard.

 

Seems like were both waiting for each other to make a move.

 

"You seem so patient and calm today than the last time you fought Zera" I said.

 

I saw her frown but she immediately switch back to her blank expression.

 

I think she's still the same impulsive Jiyeon but this time she's trying too hard to control herself.

 

So I decided to make an attack first.

 

The clear sky slowly get covered with dark clouds in our spot.

 

A roaring thunder would be heard.

 

The wind that blows calmly now blows like a storm tearing every petals on the meadow.

 

A lighting strikes towards her but she move out of range and run towards me to throw a punch.

 

I immediately float in the air so she can't reach me.

 

"If you plan to fight on a close range combat then forget it. You'll be wasting time, effort and strength coz that ain't gonna work unless you come close to me" I said

 

"I already got close to you earlier! I can do that again!" She said and disappear again in a puff of smoke.

 

I know that she's just somewhere around me.

 

And I'm also sure that she can't hide for long.

 

What is she planning to do?

 

Is she going to fly and appear behind me like what she did earlier?

 

With that I turn around to make sure but I suddenly felt something warm below me.

 

Crap!

 

It was a huge fireball that hits me.

 

I lost my balance and fall on the ground.

 

She left half of my body burned.

 

"What goes up must come down" She said and smirked while playing the fire on her hand.

 

I see what's she's planning to do.

 

"You ruined my perfect self!" I said angrily.

 

"You are not perfect. Coz you're heartless!" She said.

 

I get up and laugh because of what she said.

 

"Having a heart is what makes you less perfect. And thanks to you I'm gonna be needing a new look." I said and copied someone really close to her heart.

 

It seems like she get stunned coz the fire in her hand disappear.

 

"G-grandma" She said.

 

She suddenly seems vulnerable.

 

However, I still can't let my guard down knowing that she might be just faking it.

 

"H-how dare you use my grandma's appearance?!" She said and throws a fireball towards me but unfortunately for her it was a missed

 

She already unlocked her full potential. There's no way that her eyes and her powers are not coordinating well with each other.

 

Hmm.

 

So this means she's distracted by this appearance.

 

I'm right. Having a heart will make you less perfect.

 

"It's over now Jiyeon. You can't win against me. Just surrender yourself." I said.

 

"What do you plan to do with me?" She ask.

 

"I plan to make you perfect. But I'm sure you ain't gonna make this easy for me so....." I said and gathered the lightning on my body.

 

My entire body is now covered with lighting

 

"....I think I'll just cut your arms and legs!" I said and launched an attack by shooting the lighting towards her.

 

I was expecting her to dodge.....but she didn't.

 

Instead she catch the lightning!

 

The lighting is connected to my body so she easily pulled me towards her.

 

I smirked.

 

She's getting electrocuted for holding the lighting.

 

"I don't know what you're thinking but this is really a dumb move" I said.

 

I think I'll let her go when she fainted.

 

I still can't kill her.

 

She look at me and I can see her glowing Grim Reaper’s Eyes.

 

She smirked.

 

"This world will be destroyed and whether you took me with you or not....you will not succeed" She said.

 

Then I notice a curse mark starts crawling on my body from the hole on my neck that she did earlier.

 

Crap!

 

With that I tried to cut the lighting she's clinging on to but she suddenly grab my wrist instead.

 

Look at her eyes makes me feel uncomfortable.

 

"You are Zera's reserved power right? Once she take you back she will also get the binding I made under your skin and even if I die now all that's left for Eunjung to do is to activate the seal!" She said and started to cough blood but still smirking at me.

 

Damn her!

 

The surrounding also starts crumbling.

 

This world is about to destroy.

 

I have to make a decision......

 

"Hmm. My Queen will sure find a way to fulfill her plans. She's clever! So we will both stay here and die!" I said and held her on the neck.

 

"You're not as clever as you think you are!" I said and let a strong volt of lightning flow on her body.

 

She made me mad!

 

REALLY

 

MAD!

 

QRI'S POV

Now we don't think it will be a good idea if the four of us will arrive at the battlefield together.

 

So we go on separate ways but I left a bug on each one of them so we could still communicate even from a distance.

 

I'm here now on the vampire's side and I saw the others were on their clans too.

 

"Mom" I said and hug my Mom

 

I'm happy that she's safe.

 

"Qri sweetheart. Do you have a single clue of what's happening?" Mom ask and I shook my head.

 

"I don't know how all these things turns like this but I'm very sure that we must stop this war" I said.

 

"Where is your cousin?" She ask.

 

I suddenly don't know what to say.

 

I don't know where Jiyeon is right now and I also don't know why she's suddenly acting that way lately.

 

"I don't know where she is Mom....She's been acting strange lately and we did have misunderstanding but let's hope she's fine." I said.

 

Mom looks so confused now.

 

I know she treated Jiyeon like her own daughter and I did treated her like my real sister that's why it does hurt me when she acted like she don't care at all.

 

But now I'm thinking that I did acted impulsively.

 

I should've figured out what's wrong with her.

 

"Qri...what's the situation in there?" Boram ask.

 

"Everyone! We don't how we get in here but this is war. Let's fight till our last breath!" Hongbin said taking the lead.

 

"It's not good." I responded to the three of them.

 

"Situation here is not getting well too" Hyomin said.

 

"Here either" Soyeon respond.

 

I sighed.

 

Guess we have no other choice.

 

"We don't know how long we can hold them. We need a plan C in case they still choose not to listen" I said to the three.

 

We're talking telepathically through my insects.

 

"Guys! I could sense Eunjung's presence." Hyomin said.

 

"Great. She could be our Plan C" Soyeon said.

 

"What?" / "What?"  Boram and I said at the same time.

 

"You guys should learn how to trust her. She's supposed to be our Queen after all" Soyeon said.

 

She does have a point.

 

"Hyomin-ah. Any news about Jiyeon?" I ask.

 

"Hmmm. I can't sense her anywhere within my range" Hyomin said.

 

"I hate to say this but Jiyeon might have left us in this battle already" Soyeon said.

 

I didn't say anything coz I don't wanna believe that.

 

"I sensed three strong presence coming" Hyomin said again.

 

Three?

 

The noise around us grew louder as everyone has left their confusion and decided to proceed with battle.

 

Tsk.

 

"Mom. Can't you do anything about this?" I ask.

 

"I don't think I still could stop this sweetheart" Mom said giving me an apologetic look.

 

"Fight for freedom!" I heard someone scream from Soyeon's clan.

 

There are too many of them!

 

How were going to hold them back?!

 

Anyway I just prepared myself so we could all be prepared when Boram gives the cue.

 

The situation looks terrible.

 

I'm standing on the side where my clan and Soyeon's clan are.

 

On the other side where the hunters and above them were the Guardians of Wisdom.

 

A thin fog was everywhere that's why it's a bit darker and hard to see.

 

Just on the moment where everyone was ready to clash a puff of smoke appears right on the middle of the battlefield.

 

Huh?

 

Who are they?

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

"Jiyeon?" I ask.

 

"It's you. Thank goodness" She said and help me to stand up.

 

Then she suddenly hug me.

 

"I thought I lost you" She said.

 

"Eunjung. I can't feel Fu inside her" Shin said.

 

"Don't worry. I know how my heart beats whenever I see Jiyeon" I said to them on my thoughts.

 

"I'm glad you're ok Jiyeonnie" I said hugging her tight.

 

"Me too Eunjung" She said.

 

I broke the hug and caress her face.

 

She's smiling at me.

 

"Tell me. Are you mad?" I ask.

 

"How could I be mad?" She ask.

 

"Coz sweetheart. I sense...no... love in your heart...at all" I said and move my hand on her neck strangling her with one hand.

 

But she twisted her own neck 360 degrees like it doesn't have a bone.

 

I felt disgusted that's why I let her go and step backwards.

 

What the hell?!

 

She slowly turn her neck back to normal and smirk.

 

Her face suddenly changing to someone else.

 

"G-Gyuri" I said.

 

"She's not your friend Eunj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter