Chapter 13

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV

I just listen to Eunjung discussing how IU was training her while we're heading to the restaurant.

 

I don't want to interfere though there's so much I wanted to say to them.

 

I wanted to voice out what I'm thinking.

 

That IU seems to know everything about Guardians of Love and Guardians of Death but.....how? Who taught her those things? Eunjung is the only Guardian of Love alive and the two of us I think we're the only Guardians of Death who survived.

 

What if it's really true that IU and I have the same mother? Could it possibly be that my Mom was the one who taught her everything?....But my mother disappears few days after she gave birth to me....or gave birth to us.

 

IU and I were of the same age. We're probably twins. If then, why would my Mom leave me and take IU with her?

 

According to my grandma my father died defending Mom's name even though he have no idea where Mom is during those times.

 

I can't help not to think that she left me here to pay for her crimes.

 

That's just so unfair. I'm left here carrying the burden of saving everyone from an unknown enemy and the worst case is that I don't even know how to do it. I don't even know how to make a move while hiding from everyone who wanted to kill me.

 

We finally reach the restaurant.

 

Standing here in front of it makes me conscious about how do I look.

 

It's so elegant.

 

Glass doors with a red carpet and everything inside seem to be made out of gold.

 

Well, of course it's not made out of gold but this is certainly not a place average people.

 

But I'm kinda surprised that the guard actually let us in.

 

Ouch!

 

I suddenly felt a struck of pain in my eyes but it's just a quick one.

 

I rub my eyes coz it suddenly feels itchy. My vision is blurring a little too.

 

What's happening with my eyes?

 

Was it still the effect of that seal on my arm? Actually, I'm not sure if it's a seal but when I examine it thoroughly the other day, it does look like one.

 

"We should've done some research before going here" Eunjung said while I'm busy here trying to make my vision back to normal coz it's like I'm seeing fireflies all over the place and it's kinda itchy too.

 

"Yup. But that's fine. Let's do this quickly so we could leave as soon as possible." Soyeon said.

 

Then, suddenly all the itching and fireflies were gone and my vision is now back to normal.

 

But....

 

"What's wrong Jiyeon?" Soyeon ask.

 

"They're over there. Let's hurry" I said ignoring her question.

 

I actually don't know what to feel but I'm certain that I don't feel good about this.

 

I've never seen so much death coming at once in my whole life.

 

Will there be a tragedy in this place?

 

Few minutes.....Every mortal in this place only have few minutes left but their faith could still change as I can see....I just can't figure out how their faith will change coz I can't actually see how they going to die.

 

I keep looking around searching for what could possibly be the cause of death of these mortals coz unlike before....I really need to try hard now just to see how someone will die.

 

Since those strange encryption wrap on my left arm. I start having a hard time controlling my powers. I can't tell that I'm already in full control of it before but this time I feel like those on my childhood days while I'm still undergoing my training.

 

Tsk!

 

Why my eyes are only showing me the time when will they die?!

 

"Use your powers now to them before the waiter come back" Soyeon said to Eunjung.

 

"Right. I need to concentrate a little bit" Eunjung said and that made me look at her.

 

"Is that really necessary?" I ask coz I saw her matchmaking few times but she never needs to concentrate.

 

She normally snaps her finger and done. Whether it's a fail or not she doesn't care.

 

"Yeah. I'm not a pro. We might fail if I didn't concentrate. We will get paid when we do this right." She said so I let her concentrate.

 

I turn to look at our client on the other table.

 

Hmm. The girl looks different from the one on the picture.

 

"Are you guys sure that's the girl?" I ask.

 

"Please guys. No distraction" Eunjung said glaring at me.

 

I frown.

 

"I thought you make them love each other when their eyes first met. You sounded too confident that time" I said.

 

I didn't mean to provoke her but she's starting to act annoyingly again.

 

"Jiyeon....Let me concentrate." Eunjung said.

 

I was about to say something but Soyeon stop me.

 

Now, that made me realize that it's not the time for that.

 

"Here we go. Done!" Eunjung said.

 

"Well done Eunjung" Soyeon said and give her a high-five.

 

Did she really succeed? Why do I feel like doubting her?

 

I look around again wondering if something changes.

 

I saw two customers heading towards the exit.

 

Their fate changes the moment they step out of this building.

 

Hmm.

 

Then, I saw a girl who walk from the entrance and the girl's death suddenly changes too. Her life is just as short as everyone in here.

 

That made me realize that everyone who will enter that door will die.....except us of course and.....wait!

 

OH MY GOD!

 

"Guys....I told that girl doesn't look like the one we should matchmake" I said while looking at the woman walking towards our client's direction.

 

Looking at the woman who is marching angrily towards the table of our client upon seeing the situation of our client on the other table.

 

GEEZ WE MESSED UP!

 

As expected there was a fight.

 

Just raising your voice a bit louder than normal would be enough to earn everyone's attention in this place what more yellings?

 

"Soyeon-ah. Do something to alter my power with them" Eunjung said.

 

They're both panicking.

 

I don't think turning love to hate will do anything good. It's what happen to Zera during those days. That turned her into a total evil!!

 

Even if mortals isn't dangerous as Zera turning their love to hate is still not an option to solve this problem.

 

I want to help but what help could I offer? I'm in the middle of observing and figuring if there's some other way to save this people.

 

Soyeon casted her powers on the two to alter Eunjung's power on them, it's too late for me to figure out whether to stop her or not.

 

 

"I hate you! I hate all of you!" The guy said screaming and kicking the table.

 

"If you hate me! I hate you more!" The girl yelled and throw the flower vase from the other table somewhere causing some of the customers to fled in terror.

 

The guards and staffs of the restaurant were trying to stop them.

 

I was just sitting there looking so calm on the outside but I'm damn freaking out inside.

 

Everyone in here is running out of time!

 

Their death is fixed unless of course I do something about it. Something that I'm not certain that will work especially at my condition right now and also I've never done this before.

 

There are about 30 people inside here I think including us.

 

Our client had gone berserk making their time much shorter than the other. The staffs and the guards are having a hard time to stop them.

 

I'm sweating already. Damn!!

 

I just stare in nothingness while sitting here.

 

Then, a vision of a burning building was shown in my head.

 

Fire?

 

T-THEY WILL DIE BY FIRE!

 

Before I could came up on a solution I felt heat building up above us.

 

That only means one thing....

 

"FIRE!!!"

 

Everyone starts screaming when a huge fire surround us burning the entire building nowhere to run.

 

I tried to stop the fire from spreading but it seems like my powers can't control it.

 

Fire was always been my friend.

 

It always listen to me and it could never hurt me. In short you can't kill with fire but everyone around me could die because of it! But this one never listens to me!

 

This could only mean two things. First, is that I really at controlling it plus the seal makes it even worse and second, someone much powerful than me is controlling the fire.

 

The fire is spreading so fast and it's too hot that it only takes few moments to turn everything into ashes even the building was made out of concrete.

 

3..

 

2

 

1

 

Crap!

 

I just close my eyes knowing that their time is over.

 

I'm sorry everyone.

 

The next thing I know is that we're here outside the building behind those people watching it burn down sitting on the ground.

 

I feel so disappointed in myself!

 

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Soyeon suddenly grab my collar and pull me up.

 

I didn't respond to her. She might have noticed the changing of my eye color though it really have nothing to do with controlling the fire.

 

And somehow I'm aware that even if she's being nice to me after she finds out the truth I know she doesn't trust me.

 

No one will fully trust an enemy. Doubt will always exist and Soyeon knows that well. She's a Guardian of Discord after all.

 

She must've learned about different kinds of conflicts existing between everyone.

 

At this point she might actually tell Eunjung the truth.

 

It's too soon but what can I do?

 

Seems like it's really going to happen today....and I need to face it and do what is need to be done.

 

"Soyeon-ah....It wasn't Jiyeon's fault. Calm down" Eunjung said and pull Soyeon away from me.

 

Soyeon is giving me a death glare and I could only look away.

 

"I feel terrible about this too. None of us wants this to happen" Eunjung said.

 

"Tss. We're not even sure if it's not intentional. We could've been killed in their too...ah someone would definitely survive" Soyeon said.

 

"What are you talking about Soyeonnie?" Eunjung ask.

 

I just keep silent and wait for her to tell the truth to Eunjung but....

 

 

 

 

She didn't.

 

"I'll see you two next time. I have no time to be so open-minded right now" Soyeon said before leaving us.

 

I'm saved but still I could never forget the way she look at me. Soon enough everyone I love would start staring at me that way.

 

I hate my life.

 

"Are you ok?" Eunjung ask.

 

"Y-yeah" I said and just look down.

 

"It seems like Soyeon was kinda frustrated about this but it wasn't your fault. She just need to cool down and everything will be back to normal" She said.

 

"I hope so" I said and look at the building who is now completely ruined. All that is left for the firefighters were pile of ashes and nothing else.

 

But it's really strange. There should be lost souls lurking in that place....Why I see none?

 

"Uhm...I'm sorry but I gotta go too. You'll be ok on your own right?" Eunjung said.

 

She's leaving me too.

 

"Please don't go" I said almost inaudible. I'm not sure if she heard me.

 

"See you around" She said and turn her back on me.

 

HYOMIN'S POV

I'm still  lying on the floor trying to get up by myself.

 

Why do I feel so weak? Am I really going to be ok?

 

Jihyun just stand there by the door staring at me.

 

She must've hate me for yelling at her girlfriend earlier. Though I'm weak my senses seems to tell me that someone is standing outside the room earlier and it's probably her.

 

While I'm in the middle of struggling someone pick me up and put me back in bed.

 

I could suggest a little bit carefulness. My muscles are in pain.

 

I wanted to say that to her but I didn't.

 

I should just go home and listen to my parents' nagging.

 

"Just send me home" I said to her.

 

Staying here with her and her girlfriend doesn't make me comfortable at all. I can't just forget about my feelings for Jihyun. It won't be that easy.

 

"I can't do that" She refused to.

 

I turn to look at her and frown.

 

Does she hate me that much??!

 

She should've just let me die if it's like this!

 

"Do you really enjoy torturing me here?! Do you really hate me that much?! What have I done to you?!" I said bursting out.

 

She cross her arms and frown at me. It's obvious to me that she's controlling her anger.

 

"Ok look. I am not torturing you. I'm helping you recover. I'm being nice to you....and I don't know what made you say those things, but I think you're aware of the reason why I can't send you home."  She said which surprise me.

 

The reason why she can't send me home....

 

I look down and clench my fist.

 

I should stop acting stupid in front of her. I only show her that she's right for not choosing me.

 

Tsk. What am I thinking?!

 

"The only time I will enter my enemies territory alone will be during the time that I desperately wanted to die" She added.

 

"Pabo Park Hyomin" I said to myself and I'm not sure if she heard me.

 

Tsk.

 

I need to leave this place as soon as possible.

 

Should I call Boram?

 

Nope. I can't do that. Boram might kill Jihyun.

 

I can't ask Eunjung either. Hunters in our compound might attack her.

 

"Please just ask your girlfriend to send me home then. I think that would be fine coz she's a mortal.... I don't want to cause any trouble for you two in here." I said pleading.

 

I'm not close to her girlfriend but if it's the only way to leave this place then I'll take that chance but.....

 

"That's not gonna happen" She said.

 

"Why not?!" I ask feeling a bit irritated again.

 

"Because I'm not going to let Jiyeon go to that place. It's dangerous." She said.

 

"I won't allow her to get harmed. I promise." I said.

 

"Still a no. How could you protect her in your current situation? Jiyeon is way too important to me. I can't lose her. I won't lose someone I love by your kind's hand ever again" She said and there's a hint of bitterness and anger in her voice.

 

But she doesn't have to rub it in my face how much she hate me and how much she love Jiyeon!

 

It's not my fault that I've been born as a hunter and not a vampire like her!

 

"Then, just let me go on my own! I don't have to be your responsibility!" I said and tried to get up again

 

This time I manage to stand on my own but still a bit shaky.

 

"You're so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter