Chapter 14

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLASHBACK

FEW YEARS AGO (MIDNIGHT)

THE QUEEN'S POV

"My Princess. You are the most beautiful thing that ever happen to me"  I said to my baby who is smiling at me while I carry her in my arms. Her beautiful blue-green eyes was staring at me.

 

It's wonderful.

 

"The night is already deep my Princess don't you want to get some sleep?" I ask her and place a gentle kiss on her tiny hand.

 

She just smile at me as an answer.

 

**knocks**

 

I look at the window. She finally came.

 

I place my daughter carefully on the crib and open the window to let her in.

 

I notice that she's carrying her daughter with her.

 

"Savannah. You know you could always use the door. And why is your daughter with you?" I said

 

This Guardian of Death is the only one who would dare to walk up on the Queen's room through the window.

 

"Cupid you ask me to come in secrecy. I can't leave my baby alone with anyone I can't trust." She said.

 

And she's also the only one who dares to call the Queen cupid.

 

"I ask you to come coz it's been days since the last time I saw you and hear from you. Are you that focused on being a mother that you forget everything?" I said jokingly and get her daughter from her.

 

She's so just like my little princess a cheerful one except that her eyes is dark red and seems to sparkle.

 

"Your daughter awakens her eyes by birth too." I said.

 

"Yes and I feel worried for their safety. Don't you think it's too early for them to possess it? They didn't even know how to walk yet" She said.

 

"This worries me too but what can we do? I guess our blood is just too amazing for our daughters to awaken the twin eyes this early" I said feeling proud but Savannah frowns at me.

 

"You are one Stupid Cupid Queen Ysabel" She said to me.

 

I place her daughter in the crib with my little princess and face her with arms crossed.

 

"Savannah! As the Queen of all Magic Creatures I forbid you to call me Stupid Cupid ever again!" I said.

 

"Ok fine. Then you are a witch." She said and smirked.

 

This woman!

 

"I forbid you to call me that too!" I said

 

"We have to seal some their powers to prevent their eyes from being awaken" She said ignoring my complaining.

 

Tsk.

 

She's really the only one who dares to do this to me.

 

"If we seal their powers they'll have a hard time controlling it when we unlock it." I said.

 

"You don't have to worry about it. I'll build the seal you activate them." She said.

 

Sealing is one of a perfect match power combo. One built the seal. The other one activates it.

 

A Guardian of Love and a Guardian of Death could create a simple but weak seal. This could worn out through time without the need of deactivating it.

 

The Grim Reaper's Eyes could combine strange symbols to build the seal while its twin the Eyes of Rebirth reads the seal to activate or deactivate it. This creates a much stronger seal that could last until someone deactivates it and that's only one of the twin eyes ability.

 

"Explain to me what you plan to do first" I said to her.

 

"I'll build the seal on their right arm and another one on a scroll. The seal on the scroll will be the key for unlocking their powers. While the seal on their right arm will be the one to suppress it." She explain and handed a red and blue scroll to me.

 

"You come prepared but would that be enough? The Twin Eyes is too powerful. I'm sure now that it’s awakening it will always find a way to break free. Especially with only half of the seal placed in them." I said.

 

"I know that and we don't need to totally seal their eyes not unless we plan to seal them forever." She said.

 

"I trust you but suppressing the Grim Reaper's Eyes for a long time after it awakens will cause imbalance in your daughter's powers when it get unlocks. You know her eyes could get her blind. She must learn to control it as soon as possible" I said feeling worried about her own daughter.

 

The Twin Eyes have its risk. And in those two. The Grim Reaper's Eyes is the most risky for the one who possess it.

 

The Grim Reaper's Eyes possess the power of darkness. If your heart is full of evil the light you see continues to decrease till all you could see is pure darkness. The eyes will then possess your soul and make one of the Evil Spirits.

 

The Eyes of Rebirth possess the power of light. The power of life. That's reason why even both Guardians of Love and Guardians of Death belongs to the Royal Bloodline Guardians of Love was the only one allowed to rule but then to reach the Eyes of Rebirth's full potential the owner must possess a pure heart. One free from hatred. If the hatred in your heart is greater than the love you had, the Eyes of Rebirth will die and you could no longer possess it.

 

"She will be fine. I believe she will be coz she have to make it....even without me by her side. She have to be strong" She said which intrigues me.

 

"What do you mean?" I ask.

 

She sighed.

 

"I haven't told you about this before coz I don't want to scare you and worry too much but during the time you're giving birth to the princess even when you're guarded by Hunters and Guardians of Death an evil spirit passed through and only my Grim Reaper's Eyes sees it. She tried to possess the Princess that's why I came closer to you that time and secretly chased it away. That Evil Spirit is nothing ordinary. It's much powerful" She confessed.

 

"What?! And you're just telling me this now?" I said and close the windows.

 

"The Evil Spirit never show up after that so I thought there's nothing to be worried about but....." She said and pause.

 

"But what?" I impatiently ask.

 

"I saw it again during the time I was giving birth with my daughter. The Evil Spirit tries possessing her but failed because my daughter awakens her eyes." She said.

 

"And what is this Evil Spirit? Is it Zera? Did the seal already worn out?" I ask and began to freak out.

 

That evil spirit from the ancient time is the most dangerous evil spirit there is.

 

"I'm afraid it already does. The last time Queen Fu reincarnates to seal her sister she was a Guardian of Death but Shin was a mortal so a simple seal was used to seal her. The seal probably weakens already and Zera is out there searching for a body to possess" She said.

 

It's been years since started searching for the location where Zera has been sealed last time but we failed to find it. Now what I'm really scared about might already happen.

 

"And do you think she's trying to possess one of our daughters?" I worriedly ask hoping I was wrong.

 

"I will leave my daughter in your care while I'll find answers. I believe she'll be safest with you." She said.

 

"But Savannah you can't do this alone. You have to bring someone with you" I said.

 

"What's the use of bringing someone with me if they can't see it? You could be the best partner I could work with in this but you are the Queen. You can't just leave the palace and besides, there's no need for us to create chaos with an unconfirmed thing" She said and I do agree.

 

" 7 days....I'll give you ONLY a week. If you didn't return by that time I'll go searching for you by myself" I said.

 

Savannah is like a sister to me. I can't lose her.

 

"I understand. Now let's seal their powers...oh and by the way. Please take good care of my daughter. Never let anyone know who her real father is. I want her to leave in peace." She said.

 

"I understand" I said.

 

"And while I'm gone be careful with the council. Don't let your guard down at any moment Queen Ysabel" She said

 

-Flashback to be continued-

 

PRESENT

QRI'S POV

I left Jiyeon's apartment to buy some food for Hyomin coz she needs to eat and I won't cook for her. I won't do anything that involves fire. I also can't catch a soul for her so this is all I can do but when I come back to the apartment......

 

"This place seems empty" I said as I stepped inside.

 

Did she just hide her presence or.....

 

I immediately run to Jiyeon's room and found no signs of Hyomin in there.

 

The window is open and there's water on the floor.

 

I sighed.

 

She suddenly become so obedient.

 

I told her to leave if she wanted to because I feel annoyed and I really don't think that she's able to leave at her current condition but damn I don't mean that!

 

I never mean to chase her away!

 

I was about to jump out of the window to go looking for her when I suddenly realize what I'm doing.

 

"Tss. She left on her own and she's not my responsibility anymore. I don't care what happen to her." I said convincing myself and just sit on the bed with my arms crossed.

 

".............."

 

"Damn!" I break Jiyeon's bed out of frustration.

 

She will sure going to be mad at me. I think I'll buy a new one before she came home.

 

Arrgghhh!

 

I just give myself another problem because of Park Hyomin!

 

"I REALLY DON'T CARE IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO HER!"

 

I said and throw Jiyeon's black pillow on the black painted wall then something fall on the floor from the pillow.

 

A scroll?

 

I saw a small blue scroll.

 

What is that?

 

And since when did she choose a color other than black?

 

I tried to pick it up but it suddenly turn into liquid like water when I touch it and returns to its form when untouched.

 

What just happen?

 

I tried doing it again but same thing happens.

 

Since I can't pick it up or even poke it with other things I just left it there on the floor and ask Jiyeon about it later.

 

I continue cleaning the mess in her room and decided to leave before I broke a lot of things in there coz I really feel annoyed when Park Hyomin's face would suddenly pop in my head.

 

I shape-shift into a bird and fly back to the vampire village.

 

Maybe if my mind get occupied with something else Park Hyomin would stop popping in my head.

 

When I get into the village a found a lot of vampires in front of our house.

 

What's going on in here?

 

My parents were both in the front door facing this vampire.

 

"Please save my daughter! She's still too young!" I woman begged and cry.

 

Save her daughter?

 

I decided to step forward and figure out what's going on.

 

"What happen to your daughter ahjumma?" I ask.

 

"Hunters got her." She said.

 

H-hunters?

 

I look at my parents seeking for much detailed answer.

 

"What happen?" I ask.

 

"This woman is walking outside our village with her daughter when they encounter hunters outside. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter