Chapter 20

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNJUNG'S POV

I'm going to fall!

 

I just shut my eyes tight and there's only one person I could think of right now.

 

"Jiyeon"

 

I open my eyes hoping that I will found myself teleported beside her like before but it didn't happen!

 

Why now?!

 

The water gets thinner and thinner because I'm losing my grip on it and the lava below is heating it up turning it into vapor.

 

So is it the end for me?

 

Just like that?

 

"I never imagine myself to die this way" I said and laugh bitterly.

 

The water where I stand completely disappeared and now I start falling faster towards the boiling lava.

 

It's so hot that I feel like it's ripping my skin.

 

I just close my eyes ready to accept my fate but still I hope Jiyeon is ok.

 

.......

 

Wait...

 

What's happening?

 

I open my eyes again and found myself under the boiling lava but....

 

Why I feel no pain?

 

Am I already dead?

 

Did the lava already took my body?

 

Is this how dying feels?

 

"Eunjung"

 

Huh?

 

That voice again.

 

"Who is pit? Where are you?" I ask.

 

"I'm Zera. Owner of the twin of your eyes. My twin sister Fu owns the Eyes of Rebirth that you inherited" She said.

 

"What?" I just said coz I don't get what she mean.

 

"I know it's confusing but I still don't have the ability to talk longer with you and you also have no ability to reach me coz you are not a Guardian of Death so listen carefully. Don't ever let the war happen and find Fu. I can sense that she's still sleeping inside her chosen one. You must awaken her." She said

 

"I'm confused but...how would I know where your sister is?" I ask..

 

"You will know it coz she's your perfect match. Your eyes have the ability to sense much more than a hunter could do and could decipher more ancient runes than a Guardian of Wisdom. The Twin eyes make the Royal Clan a royal"

 

"Ancient runes??" I ask but the voice already disappeared and then I just feel that someone grab my wrist and pull me off the boiling lava.

 

"Eunjung! Eunjung!"

 

I can hear someone calling my name.

 

Who is she?

 

"Eunjung! Can you hear me?" She ask.

 

Am I dreaming?

 

**slap**

 

"Ouch! That hurts" I complained and realize that it wasn't a dream.

 

It was IU and we are standing on the boiling lava.

 

Woah!

 

"How did you find me? And how come we're floating on lava??" I ask.

 

"Coz I sensed that you're in danger" She said.

 

She sensed?

 

"We're connected to each other in some ways that's how I found you and we're not standing on lava. That's only an illusion Eunjung." She said.

 

And the lava and dark clouds disappeared.

 

All I can see now was we're in this empty room.

 

So it was really an illusion.

 

"It could really kill you if you didn't manage to escape" She said.

 

"How come you didn't caught by the illusion?" I ask as she help me to stand.

 

"Coz I know that this part of the maze is one of the instant kill zone and my eyes already saw the illusion" She said and her eyes turn red.

 

Unlike what I saw in Jiyeon's eyes IU's eye color is much lighter.

 

And that reminds me when a group of hunters tried killing me. That time when a Guardian of Death appears to save me.

 

"IU you are-"

 

"I have to go now. Your friends are coming. Don't tell them I came here. We'll talk some other time." She said and run somewhere around the maze.

 

I was dumbfounded.

 

Iu is that person?

 

It's not that long till my friends found me.

 

"Eunjung! Step out of the instant kill zone!" Boram yelled at me from the other corner where they stand.

 

When she said that I immediately run towards them not wanting to get caught by another illusion.

 

"Thanks God you're ok" Soyeon said.

 

"Where is Jiyeon?" Qri ask.

 

I froze.

 

....Jiyeon

 

WHERE IS JIYEON???!

 

"Where is Jiyeon?" I worriedly ask them

 

"Eunjung where supposed to be the one asking you that. You enter the portal with Jiyeon and promise to take care of her right? Where is she?" Hyomin ask.

 

From that I don't know what to say and what to think.

 

"I-I don't know" I said and Qri immediately grab my collar.

 

Her fangs were now visible and her sharp glaring vampire eyes were killing me with stares.

 

"What do you mean you didn't know?!" She ask and tighten her grip on my collar.

 

"She just disappear while we're still inside the illusion" I said.

 

She let go of me and face Hyomin.

 

"Please find her" She said to Hyomin.

 

"How did she disappear inside the illusion? " Boram said.

 

"She turn into black smoke...I-I'm not sure" I said and brush my hair on the front to cover my face p

 

"Why are you turning red? And why are you covering your face with your hair?" Soyeon ask.

 

Damn!

 

"N-nothing" I just said still covering my face with my hair.

 

It would be embarrassing to tell them that I tried to pursue step 3 before Jiyeon disappears and the mere fact that I did that when we're on that kind of situation.

 

Qri will drain my blood.

 

"You don't know what Jiyeon sees inside the illusion even though you're both there. Even if it's just an illusion anything that happens there were real. If she faced death inside and give up she will die." Boram said that made me sweat in fear.

 

It can't be!

 

"Are you saying that Jiyeon died inside the illusion? That's not funny Boram-ah" Soyeon said to her.

 

"I wasn't trying to make fun of her. I'm just stating a fact! And that is the main reason why I highly disagree to take a mortal in here! She can't even manage to escape a mere illusion. She'll just be a burden to each and every one of us!" Boram said and they start to argue.

 

I frown.

 

Jiyeon is not a burden. I highly disagree to what Boram said but I just shut my mouth.

 

It's not the right time for this.

 

Where are you Jiyeon?

 

Please stay alive. Just hang-in there.

 

I still don't know if I could accept who you really are. You can't leave me just like that.

 

"Hey, I sense someone inside the library" Hyomin said that made us look at her.

 

"The library? Was it Jiyeon?" Qri ask worriedly.

 

"I don't know...I can't figure who is it. But I'm sure it's not a hunter or a Guardian of Wisdom" She said.

 

"How does your senses sharpen without the need of getting drunk Park Hyomin?" Boram ask.

 

"It's a long story. Let's just go to the library and check if it's Jiyeon!" Hyomin said

 

"Ok. Let's go" Boram said.

 

We make it out of the maze faster with Boram's lead but passing through the maze is just one thing.....but in order for us to get into the library we need to pass through these hunters without getting noticed.

 

"Boram they probably know that we're here" Soyeon whispered.

 

"Yes but they won't suspect anything unless we did something unusual for them or if they caught us" She said

 

"But still I advise that you keep hiding your presence. If there's an elite hunter guarding here we're dead." Hyomin warned us.

 

"We'll move to the other side on my mark" Boram said.

 

Ouch!

 

There's a sudden pain in my eyes like its being pulled out me.

 

"What's wrong Eunjung?" Soyeon ask.

 

"My eyes" I said blinking few times

 

What's that pain all about?

 

"What's with your eyes?" Qri ask.

 

"Uhm. It doesn't matter. Let's just hurry and find Jiyeon" I said rubbing my eyes.

 

When I look around I saw shining symbols on the wall but it's blurry in my vision so I blink few times.

 

This time the symbols are gone.

 

It's not long till I felt another pain in my eyes.

 

This time it's much painful than the other eyes.

 

I was standing behind the others who are busy checking if could finally move to another place.

 

I wanted to help too but my eyes really hurts.

 

I lean on the wall for support and that's the time I saw the very bright light once again.

 

ZERA OF DARKNESS' POV

"Eunjung's time is running out. Choose now and I'll kill them for you. Or you could just kill yourself" I said to Jiyeon.

 

Who's looking so confused now on what to do.

 

It's true that I'm disappointed why of all the Guardians of Death they choose her to inherit my eyes. Fu already lost her mind.

 

"Are you sure Jiyeon will believe in what you say? And why are you trying to kill Eunjung? I thought she will be the way so that you and Shin will be together forever." Gyuri ask.

 

She's really annoying. If she's not that useful to me I would kick her out of her own body.

 

"I'm not trying to kill Eunjung" I said.

 

"You weren't? Then, there's no reason for Jiyeon to believe you coz she will not see Eunjung's death as you said you are not trying to kill Eunjung" Gyuri said so loud.

 

"I attack Eunjung with the intent of killing her but not on the purpose of killing her" I said which confuse her for sure.

 

"What?" She ask as expected.

 

"In other words. I gave her an illusion that could be a sure kill so her death would appear. You never become a Guardian of Death so you wouldn't understand the difference. The moment someone's life was in danger their clocks shows up and ticks louder but their death could be delayed. You just need to figure out how to save them like dragging them out of the danger zone it's different when it's a certain death. Clock shows up. Ticks louder and part of their soul is starting to separate from their physical body. The only way to save them is to perform a ritual. Every ritual needs a sacrifice. And the sacrifice needed for this is a life of someone precious to the caster or the caster's life itself. Right, now I'm sure Jiyeon knows that difference. It could be learn by experience but I'm sure she didn't know the conditions needed to change someone's death schedule and I'm also sure that she wouldn't care if it's a certain death for Eunjung or not. She would save her coz she's a weak creature" I said.

 

"But what if she let Eunjung die? Does that mean Eunjung will die too?" She ask again.

 

Damn she ask too many questions.

 

"She won't die. I planned everything now shut up you're so noisy" I said and it's a good thing that she listen.

 

I look at Jiyeon again.

 

She was standing there looking blank.

 

It seems like she won't make decision on time.

 

"Jiyeon!" I said appearing in front of her.

 

She got startled and now trembling.

 

She disappoints me more and more.

 

"I'll make it easier for you. Eunjung will die sweetheart. Everyone still needs her. I'm sure you can't take to sacrifice any of those vampires on your village or to sacrifice one of your dear friends. Your life would not gonna amount to anything. So what if you die? So what if you're not here in this world? Everyone would still continue to live their wonderful lives without you. So just sacrifice yourself. After all, a weak person like you can't possibly be Savannah's daughter or Eunjung's perfect match. Imagine your friends and your cousin being leader of each clans. Eunjung and her perfect match will fulfill the mission of rebuilding the royal clan. Where are you on the picture?" I said and I can see tears falling into her cheek.

 

I smirk.

 

I get a knife and handed it to her but she didn't even budge.

 

She's just crying there.

 

"That's mean Zera." Gyuri told me almost crying.

 

Tss.

 

I hate those emotions that could make you weak.

 

I just ignore her and since Jiyeon is not moving I make a move stabbing her on the chest right to where her heart is.

 

I pull out the knife and she fall on the floor with blood dripping from her wound and until she lost consciousness.

 

"Is she dead?" Gyuri ask.

 

"Not yet. Soon she will be but before that happen I need to take something that belongs to me." I said and kick her so she would lay flat on the floor.

 

"I'll never give these eyes back to my sister" I said and place my palm over Jiyeon's eyes to absorb it.

 

I thought i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter