Chapter 18

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IU'S POV

"It's finally ready My Queen." I said showing her my new self.

 

"You look perfect. Well done." She said

 

"I heard about the upcoming war. Someone wants to steal your throne. What do you plan to do?" I ask.

 

"I'm still trying to figure it out. What about you?" She ask.

 

"I prefer to continue helping Eunjung for the meantime. With those eyes she'll be able to do it right this time." I said and she just nodded.

 

"Resurrection is a ritual. Eunjung won't be able to do it without a Guardian of Death." She said.

 

"I came up to that conclusion too. But Eunjung hates Guardians of Death so much. Revealing my true self to her would be dangerous." I said.

 

"Then, convince her that you're her perfect match. With your new form and her little knowledge about everything I'm sure you'll be able to convince her. We must take risk as this is our only chance for survival" She said.

 

It's indeed risky but the queen believes in me.

 

I must not disappoint her.

 

"My Queen. I have a bit of advice. Please avoid going out using your powers. You're not that strong yet. You need to reserve your energy." I said.

 

"Don't worry. I know what I'm doing" She said.

 

"I really hope you do My Queen. If we fail this time I'm sure you're aware that it'll be the end." I said before I leave to continue my mission.

 

QRI'S POV

I'm here up in a tree with Hyomin looking at the two figure hugging each other.

 

It seems like they're so into their own world that they didn't notice our presence at a close distance.

 

At first I really don't like Jiyeon getting near Eunjung. I thought it'll be dangerous for her but it seems like....both of them shares the same fate.

 

Mom's suspicions about Jiyeon's real identity have a high chance of being true.

 

However, that makes her much more in danger around Eunjung.

 

If only there's a way to find out what really happens in the past. I'd be able to explain it to everyone so Eunjung doesn't have to hate Guardians of Death anymore.

 

"Jihyun-ah. Jiyeon..."

 

I shifted my glance to Hyomin when she suddenly voice out.

 

I'm standing on the branch while she sits on it.

 

"What is it?" I ask sitting beside her.

 

"Jiyeon is really important to you" She said while looking at Eunjung and Jiyeon.

 

Sometimes I wonder how on Earth did a hunter fall in love with me and be this persistent though she knows we're enemies.

 

"Hyomin-ah. I must say you're different from other hunters but you're aware of the upcoming war. Don't you think that's it's a wrong choice to spend your time with me?" I said to her ignoring her remarks about Jiyeon being important to me.

 

"We both know that the war is not necessary. Our parents might have been thinking that war is the last resolve but do we really have to think the same way as they do? As future heiress of our clans....well, that's if my father choose me to. We must come up into a new solution to this mess." She said which kinda surprise me and somehow admire her for what she believes.

 

"If there is a way to stop the war. I'd be willing to help.....then, I might think about going out on a date with you." I said and smile at her.

 

She look at me with her shocked face.

 

"Jinja?! B-But what about Jiyeon? Are you telling me that you're going to break up with her if we stop the war?" She ask almost shaking the branch with her excitement.

 

I giggle.

 

"Break up with Jiyeon?... Nah." I said which made her face turn into a frown.

 

"So that means you're going out on a date with me even though you're still dating her?" She ask and I just laugh at her.

 

"Well, let's find a way to stop the war" I said.

 

Or else I'll have to marry Soyeon and will have zero chances of dating you.

 

It's not that I'm saying that I don't like Soyeon anymore....I just thought it would be nice to know Hyomin more.

 

"You know. You should come with us tonight. You don't have to worry about Boram. She's not like other Guardians of Wisdom" She said.

 

"Tonight? Where to?" I ask..

 

"We're go to discover what's hidden in the Council Hall's Library" She said.

 

"The Council Hall have a Library?" I ask.

 

Never heard of that from my parents or my grandma.

 

"It has a library now. They say that every books in there came from the missing palace of the royal clan and it's tightly guarded and have tons of traps inside. We could make use of your speed in this" She said.

 

"The new council really have a huge interest in ruling the whole kingdom. Their too much greed will make the entire kingdom fall " I said without realizing that her father was a part of the new council. It's too late when I did.

 

Hyomin just look down.

 

"I'm sorry." I said apologizing.

 

"It's ok. You don't need to apologize. So are you in?" She ask.

 

"Count me in" I said.

 

I have a strong feeling that we're going to face some serious danger tonight.

 

LUNCH BREAK

BORAM'S POV

I'm heading to the cafeteria though I don't usually spend my break time there because Soyeon ask me to meet up with the others who'll be joining our mission tonight.

 

When I get there it's usually crowded and noisy.

 

I sighed.

 

This is the main reason why I really don't like being in here.

 

I immediately found Soyeon on the table at the corner and headed to her direction.

 

She's alone.

 

"Where are the others?" I ask as I sit on the opposite side.

 

"They're not yet here" She said.

 

"I'm here"

 

A girl drinking orange soda sits beside Soyeon. She didn't pop in there. She's just incredibly fast! And judging by her pale skin and dark eyes. I could tell she's a vampire.

 

This is not the first time I saw her though. She's the girl I often see standing in the corner all by herself. I never suspected she's a vampire though.

 

"I believe we are not yet properly introduced. I'm Qri" She said offering a handshake.

 

Qri.

 

"Boram" I said and reach for her hand.

 

Her hand is cold. There's no doubt she's a vampire.

 

"You are friends with a vampire Soyeon. I wasn't surprise....no offense" I said as I didn't mean to offend the new acquaintance. I address that to Soyeon only.

 

"Yup. I'm very friendly that I could be friends with anyone. Just like how I befriended you." Soyeon said and wink at me.

 

I just rolled my eyes on her.

 

She got too much confidence inside her body.

 

"It's actually Hyomin who invited me to join. Not Soyeon" Qri said which surprise me.

 

"Hyomin?" I ask and as if on cue Hyomin arrive.

 

"Yah Jihyun-ah. How dare you left me like that? It's unfair you know!" Hyomin said complaining to Qri and sit beside her.

 

So this is the Jihyun she's talking about last time. No wonder she look so troubled.

 

"Are we all here now?" I ask.

 

"Oh Rambo! You're here" Hyomin said and I just nod at her.

 

She's a hunter who's supposed to notice every presence at once but she didn't.  Oh well, she's Park Hyomin anyway

 

"We are still waiting for two people" Soyeon answered my question.

 

Two people?

 

I was expecting Eunjung to join in but who is the other one?

 

"Who?" Hyomin and I both ask.

 

"Here they are" Soyeon said and we both look at the direction she's pointing.

 

"Hey stop dragging me!"

 

It's Jiyeon trying to break free from Eunjung who's holding her hand.

 

"I told you this is the 2nd step" Eunjung said.

 

"Damn those steps! You didn't even explain to me what are those for" Jiyeon said to Eunjung.

 

"You'll know when all the steps are done. Ok?" Eunjung said and thank God they finally decided to take a sit.

 

Since all the sits on the other side were occupied they have this two have to sit beside me. Jiyeon was in between me and Eunjung.

 

"Qri? You're coming too?" Jiyeon ask Qri like it's a huge surprise.

 

"Yeah. What's so surprising about it?" Qri ask her.

 

"Well, you usually say no to dangerous things like this" She said.

 

"We might found a way to stop the war in that place so I decided to come" Qri said and they look at each other like mentally talking through that.

 

However,

 

"Soyeon-ah. I agreed on letting your friends join this secret mission. I hope you're aware that this war is for the remaining clans of the kingdom. Mortals are not included to that" I said.

 

"I'm very aware of it Boram. Just trust me on this" She said.

 

"How could she keep up on us if something happens? If she got caught her soul will be eaten" I said.

 

"Oh don't worry. I'm sure she could keep up" Soyeon said like she's so sure about it.

 

"Jiyeon grow up with vampires. She could take care of herself. " Qri said.

 

"Jiyeon grow up with vampires?" Hyomin ask.

 

"Heol. To make it short. Jiyeon's father is a vampire and not just some ordinary vampire. Her father was the previous vampire leader" Soyeon explained.

 

"The previous vampire leader have a daughter? None of that was ever recorded. All that's there was his rumored girlfriend named Savannah the leader of the Guardians of Death. Nothing was ever confirmed on my father's record but Savannah was the traitor from the Royal Clan." I said as there were really few details about Guardians of Death.

 

I don't know but their silence in between the six of us after I mentioned that.

 

Everyone seems to be thinking very deep for some reason.

 

"Did I say something wrong?" I ask them.

 

"Nope. We're just hungry" Soyeon said and smile changing everyone's mood.

 

"I have to go. Please excuse me." Jiyeon suddenly stand up and leaving the cafeteria.

 

"What happen? Did she got offended with what I said? I'm just concerned." I ask.

 

"She's probably not offended don't worry about it. I guess mentioning her father's name makes her sad. She never met her father. She never met her parents." Qri said.

 

"Conflicts among clans exist because of the different versions we heard about what happened in the past. My Mom told me that it's indeed through that the Head Minister did ordered for a total annihilation of the Royal Clan. She told me that Royal Clan just disappeared and no one knows what happened to them. The story that they were killed was all made up. According to my Mom right after the Royal Clan disappear the Head Minister wants his clan to take over. Soyeon's parents and Jiyeon Dad opposes it coz Eunjung still lives. She's the legitimate heiress. That made the Head Minister to order for killing Eunjung but Jiyeon's Dad sneak Eunjung out of the palace and brought her to her mortal father where the council can't easily find her and that's the reason why the council is hunting us vampires." Qri said..

 

This is the first time I've heard of that.

 

My f-father did all those?

 

I can't believe it!

 

"But of course I'm not saying that my Mom's version of truth is really what happen. It's still all for you to judge" Qri said.

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

Jiyeon left and I'm supposed to follow her but I can't move.

 

What Boram said bothers me more than Qri's Mom's version of truth.

 

"The previous vampire leader have a daughter? None of that was ever recorded. All that's there was his rumored girlfriend named Savannah the leader of the Guardians of Death. Nothing was ever confirmed on my father's record but Savannah was the traitor from the Royal Clan."

 

It's stuck in my head.

 

What if the truth that I must about Jiyeon is that she's......

 

What if it's the reason why she told me that one of these days I'm going to start hating her?

 

"Are you ok Eunjung?" Soyeon ask.

 

That's the time I realize that they're looking at me.

 

"Uhm...y-yeah" I said.

 

"Aren't you going to get Jiyeon back in here?" Qri ask.

 

"Huh? You're the girlfriend right?" I said.

 

She sighed and shook her head before she stand up. A thing that I don't quite understand.

 

"I know you heard what I say earlier. If you can't accept her....stay away from her. I'm just gonna go and drag her bag here. You stay right there Park Hyomin" Qri said before she disappear in a flash.

 

What does that supposed to mean?

 

I just sigh and noticed that Hyomin and I both did it at the same time.

 

"You two still believes that Jiyeon is Qri's girlfriend?" Soyeon suddenly spoke.

 

"What do you mean? Qri said it herself" Hyomin said.

 

"Yeah. I heard it too" I said.

 

Soyeon laugh at us.

 

"If Jiyeon's father was the previous vampire leader that means the one who succeeded was his only sister who is Qri's Mom" Boram said.

 

Jiyeon's father.....Qri's Mom....

 

My eyes widen upon realization.

 

"No way! Are you saying that they're cousins?!" Hyomin reacted in shock before I did.

 

"Yeah. They're cousins. Qri probably said that to get rid of you Hyomin-ah" Soyeon said still laughing at us.

 

T-they're cousins...

 

Somehow, out of all the confusion I felt happy to know that they're cousins and not lovers.

 

"Jihyun is so cruel to me." Hyomin said and pout.

 

"Eunjung-ah...who's your perfect match?" Soyeon suddenly ask me.

 

Perfect match....

 

"I just heard about it lately from IU but I don't know who and how to find my perfect match." I said.

 

"I'm sure we could find books about the Royal Clan there in the Library. You'll find answers for sure....as long as we won't get caught." Boram said.

 

"But...I was thinking. In case we alerted them and managed to escaped somehow. They will make speculations and blame everything to vampires or Guardians of Discord. That wouldn't be good" Hyomin said.

 

"Let them put all the blame on me." I said.

 

"That wouldn't do Eunjung" Boram said.

 

"I'm already targeted for assassination it wouldn't make any difference now" I said.

 

"They might suspect you're siding someone on the upcoming war" Soyeon said.

 

"Well, it will be more like Eunjung is trying to discover herself than siding anyone on the upcoming war." Boram said and I nodded.

 

"But my parents would not settle on a single possibility. They would look through everything no matter how small that possibility is. So it's better if we will not show anything that would pin point any of the clans" Boram said.

 

"And how would we do that?" Soyeon ask.

 

"Thieves" Boram said.

 

"Thieves? Up above the clouds? Who would buy that excuse Rambo?" Hyomin said.

 

I also think the same as hers but I also think that Boram have a plan.

 

"Not all creature could fly up there. There's two passages on the ground. I'll open the other one and make it look like an accident. I'll take care of it. You don't have to worry." Boram said.

 

We just talk here while waiting for Jiyeon and Qri to return but they never did.

 

The bell already rings so we have to go back to our classes.

 

"I think we just have to meet again after dismissal." Soyeon said and we all agreed.

 

Did Qri find Jiyeon?

 

I'm a little bit worried.

 

I thought she will drag Jiyeon back in here.

 

PE CLASS

I don't know if I could consider myself lucky or unlucky.

 

It's PE time and our class will be playing soccer with the other class.

 

Lucky, because the other team will be from Jiyeon's class. That means I would be able to see her.

 

Unlucky because of her and Gyuri will be there. Who am I gonna go and talk to?

 

Anyway, we headed to the field after changing to our PE uniform. We're the first one to arrive and it's a little hot in here.

 

Few minutes more and Jiyeon's class arrive.

 

I saw Soyeon waving at me and she's walking with Jiyeon. But Jiyeon just had her head down.

 

I wonder if she's ok.

 

Anyway, I've decided that I'm still going to do the 4 steps even though she's what I think she is.

 

Hate is still there in my heart. I still need to figure learn the real version of the truth in order for me to know what I'm going to do with that hate.

 

The teachers of both class chooses players.

 

Jiyeon was chosen but she refused to so I also decided not to join in the game and just watch.

 

When the game was about to start everyone was watching but my eyes was only focused on her.

 

She sat under the tree nearby away from her classmates who are cheering for their class.

 

"Why don't you go and talk to her?" Soyeon approach me and said.

 

"Do you think its ok?" I ask.

 

"Why wouldn't it be?" She said.

 

I took a deep breath before approaching Jiyeon.

 

She's sitting on the grass while hugging her knees.

 

"Mind if I sit here?" I ask but she did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter