Chapter 21

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QRI'S POV

I didn't go straight back to the village...coz honestly, I'm worried about leaving Jiyeon and Eunjung by themselves.

 

I just said I'll leave them coz I do feel like they really need to talk.

 

Eunjung loves Jiyeon and I know that she's not a bad person but still I need to make sure Jiyeon will be alright.

 

I hide on the corner a bit distant from where we left two.

 

I thought I was the only one hiding there but I'm not.

 

"What are you guys doing in here?" I ask when I saw Soyeon, Hyomin and Boram.

 

"Probably same reason why you're here" Soyeon said.

 

"And probably different to mine. I'm only here to wait for Hyomin" Boram said while leaning on the post with her arms cross and eyes close.

 

I don't expect her to be so concern after I saw the way she act towards Jiyeon.

 

"So you too doubt that they would be peaceful" I said while waiting what does Eunjung and Jiyeon will do.

 

"Yeah" Hyomin answered.

 

"No. I just thought this would be exciting" Soyeon said and place her arm around my shoulder.

 

I sensed Hyomin's sharp glare but I choose to ignore it. I know she still misunderstood what I told her in the Council Hall coz she didn't let me finish talking.

 

However, Soyeon's gesture should've given me a strong effect but it turns out to be just nothing.

 

It's just the glares that makes it a little awkward.

 

Glares not only from Hyomin.....

 

I'm not sure if she's really glaring at me or Soyeon or it's just me who thinks like that.

 

"How long they're gonna stand there?" Soyeon ask.

 

"I don't know" I said and remove her arm on my shoulder slowly.

 

I hate the glaring I received.

 

"Tss. I think they will not hurt each other. You see how Eunjung cries for Jiyeon earlier. Let's not waste time in here. C'mon Hyomin" Boram said and leave without even waiting for Hyomin's response.

 

The strong wind produce after she left only justifies that she's pissed.

 

I look at Hyomin and caught her staring at me.

 

"What?" I ask.

 

"...n-nothing. I'll go now too" She said and followed Boram.

 

Soyeon and I just watch them leave. We couldn't stop them anyway.

 

When we turn to check Jiyeon and Eunjung again....

 

I was surprise to see them

 

...... kissing!

 

"What did we missed?" Soyeon ask and giggled.

 

"Few important details I guess" I said with a smile on my face.

 

I felt relieved that things turned out like that instead of the other way around.

 

"I think we should really leave them this time" I said.

 

"Hmm. But can we talk for a moment?" She ask.

 

Soyeon is now wearing a serious face.

 

"Sure. We could take a walk before I dash off back to my village" I said.

 

Soyeon and I started walking away from the place.

 

"What we did earlier would cause a very big problem even though it's not us who did it on the Council Hall's Library" She said.

 

"I think so too. It turns out that we made things worse than fixing it" I said feeling disappointed in myself.

 

"The primary suspect will sure be both of our clans. That would heat up both sides for allegations. Just like what happened in the past." She said.

 

"I believed you're aware what both our parents planned to do" I said deciding to open that topic.

 

She heaved a long sighed.

 

"I'm aware. But to be honest. I don't wanna get married yet. I don't think I already found the right one for me. How about you?" She ask.

 

"I'm not searching or waiting for the right one but I also don't think I'm ready for such thing called marriage....but if it's a way to protect all my love ones....I'm willing to take the challenge" I said.

 

"What about Hyomin then?" She ask.

 

"What do you mean what about her?" I ask and she giggled stretching her arms up in the air.

 

"I've known you for a very long time. You've always been brave and NEVER never easily shows your weakness to anyone. I guess you did already to Jiyeon coz she's your cousin but Hyomin...." She said.

 

It's my time to sigh.

 

"Hyomin is fun and interesting but we're never destined to be with each other right from the start. We're enemies." I said.

 

"Our clans have misunderstandings. But Hyomin is our friend and I know she feels the same towards us" She said.

 

She may be right. But it's still very difficult to convinced majority about that fact.

 

"What do you think about Boram?" I ask.

 

"Boram? Why her?" She said.

 

"Really? I think she likes you" I said.

 

"What?! No that's not possible. Jeon Boram have allergies to Park Soyeon" She said and laugh.

 

"It doesn't seem like that" I said.

 

"Yes does. It's just that these days we all have the same goals and that is to stop the war" She said.

 

"Do you trust her? Do you think she's really willing to go against his own clan?....I don't wanna think bad things about her but....What if she's just luring the remaining members of the Royal Clan? What if she's trying to kill them?" I ask.

 

"If she does....then, I'm going to be the one who will kill her" Soyeon said which surprise me.

 

I never thought I could hear something like that from her.

 

"I want everything to be peaceful again and that would only happen if someone from the royal clan sits on the throne" She said.

 

Soyeon suddenly stop which made me stop too.

 

"What's wrong?" I ask.

 

"I think the news already reach everyone" She said.

 

Then, four Guardians appear from the ground.

 

Their bodies were half buried and they're wearing a brown cloak.

 

Earth type Guardians. The Guardians of Discord.

 

"Lady Soyeon. Your parents told us to bring you home immediately" One of the four said.

 

"Qri. I need to go home now." She said

 

"I understand." I said and Soyeon leave with the other Guardians of Discord.

 

I wonder if the news reach my parents too so I hurriedly go back to our village.

 

There as expected my parents already know what happen and were alarmed by it.

 

News spreads like wild fire indeed.

 

"What's wrong?" I ask pretending not to have a single clue about what's going on.

 

"Someone attempted to flip the Council Hall" Mom said.

 

I didn't have time to act like I'm so surprised coz I was there when it happens and because of that Mom gave me this look.

 

"Do you know anything about this Qri?" Mom ask.

 

"What? No. Of course I don't know. I just....just find it hard to believe that someone could flip the Council Hall" I said hoping they'd stop their suspicions.

 

"That really sounds like a rumor to us at first but then the Council sent a letter to Guardians of Discord." Dad said.

 

"What does it says?" I ask.

 

"It says that if we want war then bring it on. The letter said that they'll never take this incident for granted. They will make us pay" Mom said.

 

"Wait....they never prove anything yet. And what the hell makes them think that we're that strong to flip the Council Hall?" I ask feeling agitated.

 

The Council Hall is not a simple Hall. It's magical and very strong.

 

"There's nothing we can do now about what they think. Enemies will never think good things about their enemy but don't worry. I already ask help from a close friend of mine. They're on their way here to help us win the war" Dad said and that made me feel a little nervous.

 

He's not talking about that friend of his, right?

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

Get yourself together Eunjung! This is not a dream! This is reality!

 

I just keep telling myself that inside my head.

 

It's not like I just found out the truth in the restricted area. I've known it way before that! I shouldn't be so surprised.

 

"U-uhm. L-let's go home" Jiyeon said and that made me realize that she's just right there standing right next to me.

 

I lift my head and found her about to walk away.

 

My heart skips a beat.

 

I suddenly feel some type of fear.

 

Fear like she's going to walk away and leave me.

 

Before she completely walk away I grab her arm with my free hand coz my other hand is holding the book.

 

I made her face me and look straight into her eyes.

 

"Don't scare me like that again" I said almost whispering and bravely kiss her.

 

The moment our lips touch I feel like the time stops and the only thing I could hear is the loud beating of my heart.

 

I didn't move and wait for her to push me or whatever she will do to break the kiss....

 

I was honestly expecting her to be mad after this.

 

But unexpectedly, I felt her hands on my waist....

 

....pulling me closer.

 

With that I completely lost it and start moving my lips kissing her the way I know coz I never kiss anyone like this.

 

She's my first kiss....

 

It's so sweet. Her lips is so soft and warm.

 

But then, I began to taste something salty...

 

I break the kiss thinking that she's crying.

 

But she isn't... Her eyes were still close when I pull away.

 

She slowly open her eyes and look at me. Then, I just felt her hand on cheek.

 

"Please don't cry" She said.

 

I was crying?

 

"U-uhm. So-sorry" I said and step backwards then back faced her wiping my tears.

 

Reality hits me and I suddenly felt really embarrassed.

 

Tsk.

 

"You're not mad at me?....for not telling you the truth? You see I'm a Guardian of Death. I understand if you hate me now." I heard her said while she's still standing behind me.

 

"If I'm mad at you I wouldn't dare to do the step 3." I said and face her this time but it's still a bit awkward to loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter