Chapter 10

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYOMIN'S POV

**sigh**

 

"What to do?" I muttered to myself while I'm sitting here in the corner of the hallway while hugging my knees.

 

**sigh**

 

It just can't be....

 

**sigh**

 

All I can do sigh.

 

I'm confused.

 

Everyone passing by might think I'm crazy sitting her on the floor like a beggar waiting for a miracle to happen.

 

"Is she drunk again?" Someone whispered unfortunately she made it too loud that it still reach my ears.

 

How I wish I was drunk so when I get sober I won't remember what just happen earlier.

 

But if I was drunk my teacher will throw me again on the detention office and Boram will kill me for sure.

 

The worst case that might happen is that when the new guidance councilor see me here I'm gonna get scolded again.

 

But I don't care anymore.

 

I don't care what happen to me!

 

I don't care if they hurt me!

 

I will start to feel numb starting today!

 

Right here and right now!

 

I refused to feel pain!

 

"Ouch! That hurts! Let- go of my ears!" I wailed in pain when suddenly someone grab my ear and pull me up.

 

"Yah Park Hyomin! Didn't I told you come here early?! Because you didn't show up I'm forced to work with Park Soyeon! Do you know how bad that is?!" Boram angrily yelled me

 

"I don't think it's that bad." I said and pout while rubbing my ear.

 

It hurts.

 

I totally forget about our mission this morning.

 

"Where were you?" She ask.

 

"I forgot. I'm sorry" I said and lean on the wall then sigh.

 

What she did to me really hurts that it turn my ear red like a tomato but it's not enough to make me forget what happen earlier.

 

"Hey. Two students were found dead on the restricted area and few hours earlier the police and the principal also dies and rumored to be attacked by some kind of monster. Soyeon and I haven't seen anything in there aside from bones buried on the ground where the building stands." She explained.

 

I sighed once again.

 

"This is going to be a long run." I just said.

 

"But you met someone there before too right? What's the girl's name again?....I heard that anyone who gets in that place dies. We've been there but we're still alive so I conclude that only mortals who get in there dies." She said.

 

She was asking me about Jihyun....

 

"I guess its right to conclude that and the girl I was talking about is still alive. I just met her a while ago" I said and look down.

 

Boram look at me and frown.

 

"Hmm. I think it's because she didn't actually step inside the restricted area or it could possibly be that my conclusion is just wrong and there's another reason why those people die" She said.

 

I didn't respond to her anymore.

 

I'm not in the mood to help her analyze things right now.

 

"Did something happen? You look so down" She ask.

 

**sigh**

 

"Well, I've been sighing a lot" I said and she smack my head.

 

"What's that for?" I glared at her.

 

She likes hurting me. Geez.

 

"Tell me the reason why you keep sighing. Go straight to the point coz it's almost time" She said

 

Tsk.

 

"Well, you see I'm in love" I said and she just raised her eyebrow on me like she's telling me that it's a lame thing.

 

But I'm not sure if it's ok to thing to tell her everything.

 

"So did you get rejected? Heartbroken?" She ask with her arms cross but she was acting like she wasn't interested at it at all.

 

Tsk.

 

Well, at least she's trying to listen.

 

"Yes, I got rejected and heartbroken but it's not it....I could still keep pursuing her until she fall in love with me...but it's not right." I said and sigh.

 

"How is it not right? Is she taken? Married?" She ask again giving me a normal worst case scenario but it's still not that one...

 

FLASHBACK

"Why.....why I can't get you off my mind?" I ask.

 

Everytime that my mind is not occupied or sometimes even it is she would just suddenly pop into my mind then unconsciously I'm starting to think more of her.

 

It's like my mind is suddenly made to think about her out of nowhere.

 

 "Stop joking! It's not funny and when I told you that I don't want to see you anymore. I mean it!" She said.

 

I still don't understand why she hates me so much.

 

"Could you please explain to me why you hate me so much?" I ask

 

I feel hurt that she keeps pushing me away and never give us a chance to know each other better and be friends at least.

 

"Stop wasting your time on me" She said and was about to walk away but I grab her hand.

 

C-cold....

 

Pale skin.

 

I could sense blood thirst....

 

I look at her and our eyes met.

 

It's like time stops for a while.

 

"You...Y-you're a vam-"

 

"I don't want any trouble! I'm trying to leave in peace" She said and there were tears in her eyes.

 

In a flash she disappeared in front of me.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

I just stand there dumbfounded not knowing what to do or what to feel.

 

I should chase her and go for the kill. That's my chance to prove myself to my father but..... I don't think I'm capable of hurting her.

 

"Hey, you're spacing out? Why you can't pursue her?" Boram ask impatiently.

 

"Because destiny said we're not meant for each other" I said and the bell rings saving from so much trouble with Boram's interrogation.

 

I need to think about it carefully.

 

I need to figure out if it's worth it to protect her.

 

"Well then, get yourself together. See you later" She said and we both headed on our classrooms.

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

"You've been to a fight last night. Just checking if you're ok" She said and that made me look at her.

 

Our eyes finally met.

 

"H-how did y-ou know?" I ask.

 

"I know things" She said and wink at me.

 

I frown still not having a clue on how did she know that.

 

Maybe she met Soyeon and Soyeon told her about it without getting into the actual details.

 

She couldn't possibly know about Guardians and if she saw what happen on the rooftop last night then she wouldn't be acting so comfortable around me right now.

 

"Questions have been running on your mind. I know that Eunjung but let me tell you a secret....I know what you right from the start." She said and look up in the sky.

 

"How come you know what I am? What are you?" I ask eagerly to find an answer.

 

All this time I'm trying so hard to keep it from her not knowing that I don't even need to do that!

 

What is she anyway?!

 

She's just my neighbor who loves teasing me and she have an obsession with anything that is color black!

 

Black!

 

My eyes widen in realization.

 

"You're a vamp-" I almost shout it on top of my lungs but she immediately covered my mouth with her hands.

 

She's warm....

 

"Don't say it out loud" She said

 

I do admit I kinda hate vampires but it's not as much as I hate a guardian of death.

 

"So you are really a vampire" I said almost whispering.

 

"Hmm...not really" She said moving closer to me leaning her head on my shoulder.

 

Then, the awkward feeling begins to crawl up in my body once again.

 

"No wonder you like black but what do you mean not really?" I ask trying to feel comfortable.

 

"My mother is not a vampire so I think I'm just like my mother but I grew up with vampires like my grandma and black have nothing to do with being a vampire" She said snuggling closer making me feel much uncomfortable.

 

"Uhm....Jiyeon-ah. Won't your girlfriend be mad at you if she sees us like this?" I ask.

 

She sit properly and look at me with a frown

 

**bell rings**

 

Part of me wants to listen to her confession about her girlfriend coz it's what good friend does but a part of me also doesn't want to hear it and just want to walk away.

 

"Uhmm. It's time now. I guess I'll meet you later" I said and hurriedly leave almost tripping on my own foot because I feel like I'm trembling.

 

"Eunjung!"

 

Someone cling on my arms and walk with me on the hallway.

 

It's Gyuri.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter