Chapter 15

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOYEON'S POV

I go home after talking to Boram and found that my parents were not here.

 

Maybe they're hunting somewhere right now.

 

I go straight to my room and sit on my study table...a study table which I never use for studying.

 

This is special to me coz I use my powers to build it. It's made of a shiny stone. Both the table and the chair.

 

Sitting here helps me think clearly. So this one could be called a thinking table instead but I wouldn't call it like that or else it will be a big deal for my entire clan.

 

Guardians of Discord despised what Guardians of Wisdom does.

 

I mean we don't think thoroughly about things. We just do what should be done in the easiest way possible without caring about the rules.

 

I have no idea how this conflict started between the two clans but according to some know-it-all it is our fault coz we don't want peace. They said we love to spread discord coz that's what we are.

 

A thing that I could never agree.

 

I'm not like that. I'm a pure-blood Guardian of Discord. My parents were both Guardians of Discord. It's true I enjoy arguments and fights but that doesn't mean it applies to everything and everyone. That doesn't mean I never enjoy peace as much as I enjoy conflicts.

 

Hmm.

 

Anyway, it's not what I'm supposed to think about.

 

The thing that I have to think about now is that..........

 

What is Jiyeon to me now?

 

Is she still my friend? Or should I label her an enemy?

 

After talking to Boram I was enlighten a little bit.

 

Maybe I become way too harsh to Jiyeon earlier. I should've ask her what she's trying to do.

 

It might now be her fault. After all she's not the only Guardian of Death alive. The other Guardian of Death might have started the fire and she's just trying to suppress it.

 

I sighed still confused.

 

She kept too many secrets that it makes me hard to fully trust her.

 

You know there is this saying to keep your friends close and the enemies closer. What if that's what she's trying to do???

 

But...

 

I could clearly see that she's in love with Eunjung. There's no doubt in that. She doesn't seem to be faking it.

 

"What is he thinking?! That know-it-all old man is out of his mind!"

 

Huh?

 

That's Mom's voice. She seems angry.

 

And the know-it-all guy? She's probably talking about Boram's father.

 

"He called us coz he wanted to be the Emperor?! He's not even a Royal Blood and there's the heiress!" Mom said again.

 

The head of the council wanted to be the emperor?

 

"This is all what Guardians of Wisdom wanted ever since. They wanted the highest throne in the kingdom. The annihilation of two clans is in favor for them. They could take it as a first step. Now, he's finally making his way directly to the throne" Dad said.

 

They both sounds upset and I'm very sure that they won't support that.

 

"But he can't be the emperor if the two clans will surely oppose. Vampires will never bow their heads to him and so does ours. Someone who can't unite the six clans can't replace the previous Queen." Mom said.

 

I'm still here in my room listening to their loud conversation. Maybe they didn't know that I'm home.

 

"In this case they only have to unite four clans to be on the throne. The Guardians of Death and Guardians of Wisdom were long gone. They couldn't even call themselves clan now.  He got the Hunter's support. For sure he'll use force to make us follow him. As for the vampires I'm sure that he's aware that they will never cooperate. He might end up issuing a total annihilation for them. Based from what I've heard after we left. Hunters caught a vampire child and they will force the kid to confess where are the other vampires hiding" Dad said.

 

A k-kid?

 

Hearing that makes me feel so worried.

 

That's too cruel!!

 

Why do they need to use an innocent child to get what they want?!

 

"Vampires had been hiding for so long. They lost a lot of their kind from the previous war but I'm sure those years that have passed they have rebuilt their strength and be much more careful now. I think..." Mom said.

 

"Don't tell me you're thinking about their offer" Dad said.

 

Offer? From vampires?

 

"We need allies to survive and to strengthen that we need to agree with what they ask." Mom said.

 

"I understand but honey..What if our Soyeon didn't agree?" Dad ask.

 

Huh? What does that Dad means?

 

"Our Soyeonnie is exceptionally smart. I'm sure as the future leader of our clan she's willing to take risk for the sake of everyone. Even if it's marrying the future leader of the vampires" Mom said which shocks me so much.

 

DID I JUST HEARD THE THING ABOUT M-MARRIAGE?!!!!!

 

Damn!

 

And Mom said marrying the future leader of the vampires.

 

Was it Qri? ...wait does Qri have siblings????

 

I'M STILL NOT PLANNING TO MARRY ANYONE!!!!

 

HYOMIN'S POV

Hmm. This is really strange.

 

I keep drinking wine yet I'm still not drunk. In fact it's six bottles now. I just got a little tipsy earlier and feel a bit dizzy but it just all disappear after a moment.

 

I usually get drunk by just drinking half bottle.

 

But I don't feel weak anymore. I feel energized instead.

 

This is awesome. But if Mom finds out that I drink all of this wine from her collection I'll be dead.

 

I finish the sixth bottle and clean up my mess. I will be lucky if Mom didn't find out that there are missing in her collection.

 

I better throw the evidence far away where she can't see it.

 

I put it in a garbage bag and was about to carry it outside when the x-ray version surroundings pops in my head.

 

"J-Jihyun?"

 

I saw her heading this way to our compound.

 

THE HUNTER'S COMPOUND!

 

Is she crazy?!

 

Why is she heading this way?!

 

Wait...

 

Is she looking for me?

 

But she did told me to leave if I want to.

 

I could sense that she's not yet close to the range of the other Hunters and actually hoping that she will change route.

 

I just stand here near our back door waiting for her to change route but she didn't!

 

I drop the garbage bag somewhere and immediately headed outside.

 

If they know she's here they'll kill her.

 

"My husband said the vampire kid just keep crying not responding to any question given to her"

 

I heard one of the Hunters gossiping in the corner  said.

 

Vampire kid?

 

Is that the reason why Jihyun is heading this way?

 

"Excuse me" I said approaching the group of ahjummas on the corner.

 

"L-Lady Hyomin" They said and bow to me.

 

I'm still the daughter of the chief even though I'm the most useless Hunter in here.

 

"I heard you talking about this uhm...vampire kid?" I said.

 

"Ah a vampire kid had been captured early this morning. She was still alive and kept for interrogation" One of them said .

 

"Yes, seems like your father and the council was getting serious in killing those stupid vampires" The other said.

 

They continue gossiping to each other while me? I left them and headed to where they keep the vampire in prison.

 

"Goodafternoon Lady Hyomin. What can we do for you?" The Guard greeted me.

 

"I heard there's a vampire inside." I said.

 

"Yes Milady. She's in one of the cells still crying" He said.

 

"I wanted to see this kid" I said and just get inside.

 

I don't need his permission not unless he's my Dad.

 

I was walking in the hallway. Loud cry could be heard.

 

It's probably the poor kid.

 

I tried to open my wide range sensory once again to figure out where is Jihyun now.

 

She's getting close to our compound and closer to Hunter's range!

 

I get inside one of the cell and saw where the loud cries came from.

 

There's a kid chained inside a cage guarded by hunters in each corner.

 

A super tight security for a kid who was taken as a hostage for interrogation...How disgusting?!

 

Were Hunters supposed to be like this?

 

"Everyone! There's a vampire around the premises!!"

 

She's finally here.

 

God she really is damn fast.

 

"The vampire might not be alone. Go and help the search" I said to the four guards.

 

"But Lady Hyomin. We're here to guard this kid" One of them replied.

 

"She's chained inside a cage which is inside a cell. I could watch over her while you're not around. The vampire is probably not alone. They might launch an attack in our houses" I said.

 

They first hesitate to do what I told them but there's an obvious fight happening outside alerting them.

 

She manage to get in here passing all the hunters in front. Her speed is no joke.

 

"Please don't let her escape Lady Hyomin or else your father would kill us." One of them said.

 

I just nodded and they run outside.

 

I squat near the cage so the kid and I could be on the same level.

 

"Hey kiddo. Stop crying now. Someone will come here to help you and take you home" I said sensing Jihyun is winning the fight.

 

She's lucky Dad is not here yet.

 

I try to sense if Dad was somewhere near. She and Mom were already in my range but they're moving slow.

 

Jihyun must hurry and come here.

 

I could only help a little coz if I help this kid I'll get in trouble.

 

Jihyun wins the fight against the Hunters outside. Reinforcement will be here soon she need to hurry up!

 

"Please let me go home" The kid begged to me.

 

I can use my powers to open this cage and unchained her but they will find out that I'm the one who did it.

 

**door opens**

 

"You said that you'll come here once you're desperate to die" I said she finally get in here.

 

"Lady Qri! Help me!" The kid stands up and scream.

 

"Let the kid go Hyomin. She's innocent." Jihyun said to me.

 

I stand up and face her.

 

She's wearing a red cloak.

 

"Leave now before the reinforcement came. You may be faster than them but they're still fast. You have to free her coz I'll get in trouble if I let her escape" I said.

 

She immediately approach the kid.

 

"Could you shape-shift?" She ask her and the kid shook her head.

 

"I have to break the chain and this cage" Jihyun said to me.

 

"You can do whatever you want. Just hurry up" I said.

 

What am I doing?

 

Do I really love her super much that I'm willing to do this for her? Even though I know she can never be mine and though I'm not sure if that Park Jiyeon really love her.

 

I just turn my back on them and waited till they finish.

 

The reinforcement were close now and my parents were travelling faster than before. I could assume that they're already aware.

 

I look at Jihyun and the kid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter