Chapter 16

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CONTINUATION OF THE QUEEN'S FLASHBACK

It had been six days since Savannah left to investigate this evil spirit who tries to possess our daughters.

 

I had told everyone who's looking for her that she's sick and she needs some time to recover.

 

I still can't decide what to do till she come back and tell me what she found out.

 

"My Queen. The babies were sleeping now." The Guardian of Love whom I ask to look after the two kids said.

 

"Good. Haven't they given you a hard time?" I ask.

 

"No My Queen. The kids behave so well as long as I don't separate them. I think the princess already found her perfect match" She said and that made me smile.

 

"They'll be one of the most promising combos when they grow up" I said.

 

"My Queen. If you don't mind me asking. Who's the parent of the other child?" She ask.

 

"Some brave Guardian of Death who's currently on mission right now that's all I could say." I said.

 

"I understand." She said.

 

"You may proceed to doing other things. I'll be taking care of the kids for the rest of the day" I said.

 

"Yes My Queen." She said and leave.

 

Savannah please be back soon.

 

I look one last time outside the window before I headed to the room where the kids are.

 

When I got into the kid's room they weren't asleep.

 

They're just lying on the crib staring at each other.

 

I notice their eyes changes its color like it's blinking.

 

I knew it.

 

The sealing won't be enough to suppress the power of the Twin Eyes especially when they're this close to each other.

 

The power of the Twin Eyes grows when they're nearer. Mine weakens as Savannah is far away.

 

I go to where she is anytime but I can't leave the kids.

 

"Your Highness. The Head of the Council wished to speak with you" One Guardian of Death knock on the door and said to me.

 

"Tell him to wait" I said.

 

I closed and locked the windows making sure no one could sneak inside the room and disturb the kids.

 

"I will be back sweethearts" I said and kiss their foreheads.

 

My daughter smiles at me while Savannah's daughter give me sad look which I don't understand why.

 

Doesn't she like being kissed like that?

 

"What's wrong sweetie?" I ask though I know she doesn't know how to talk yet.

 

She just grab tug the sleeve of my dress like she doesn't want to let me go.

 

I had a bad feeling about this. Is she....

 

Nope... I must not think about things like that.

 

I pull my hand slowly from her and smile.

 

"I will be back" I said and step out of the door.

 

"Guard the room. Don't let anyone get in without my permission" I said to the two Guardians of Death outside.

 

I headed on the palace hall to meet the Head of the Council.

 

"Head Minister. What brings you here?" I ask.

 

"Your Majesty. I have received one awful news from the hunters and I immediately come here to tell you these personally" He said.

 

"What is the awful news?" I ask keeping in mind that I have to conscious while talking to him. He could use my words against me. I know what Guardians of Wisdom really wants. Savannah was always with me when I face the council so I don't have to worry about it too much but now that she's not here I have to do this on my own.

 

"The Head of the Guardians of Death was not sick and she had gone travelling. And on her journey she burned an entire village and took all the souls of the people living there." He said.

 

W-what?!!!

 

Savannah would never do such thing!

 

"My Queen. You must do something about this. I know she is your bestfriend and your perfect match but you cannot tolerate this" He said.

 

"I will find Savannah and talk to her before I make my decision" I said.

 

"But My Queen. This could be a serious problem that requires immediate action. You must put the Guardians of Death's loyal under questioning coz this might be a huge Guardians of Death.........conspiracy" He said which made me boil in anger but I try to control my emotion.

 

"We can't just jump into conclusions Head Minister. Guardians of Death were part of my clan. The Royal Clan. They're my family....I'll meet Savannah and make my decision. This conversation is over. You can leave now" I said and turn my back on him returning to the room of the kids.

 

"If someone comes looking for me tell them that I don't want to be disturbed" I told the guards.

 

I need to meet Savannah now.

 

The kids were already asleep when I come back.

 

I look at them and can't help not to feel sadness for some reasons.

 

There could be a huge possibility that I might not be around anymore to see them grow up.

 

I close awaken the Eyes of Rebirth and teleported to where Savannah is. Like I said. The twin eyes were connected. The Eyes of Rebirth have the ability to take me where the other eyes was.

 

I had a hard time control the teleportation before when I first discover this ability of my eyes. Savannah was really annoyed at me for popping up beside her at the most unexpected times.

 

When I open my eyes it took me to a place with burned trees around

 

What happen here?

 

There I saw Savannah standing in the middle wearing her red cloak with the Grim Reaper's eye symbol at the back.

 

I know it's her coz she's the only one who have that kind of red cloak.

 

I walk towards her without saying a word.

 

As I get closer to her I could sense two aura coming from her body.

 

One is definitely hers and the other one is unknown to me yet it seems so strong.

 

"We must make a tough decision to save the majority Ysabel." She said and turn around to face me.

 

Her right eye is gone.

 

"Savannah your ey-"  I was about to step closer to her but she stop me.

 

"Stay right there. I know you're aware of what's happening and sooner or later I could no longer fight Zera of the darkness inside my body. She will possess me and destroy everything Ysabel." She said that made my tears starts falling.

 

I know what's she's trying to do.

 

"Savannah. Don't do this. We could find another way" I said begging her.

 

She forced a laugh.

 

"You became the Queen but still remains as a Stupid Cupid Ysabel. How many distractions, how many lives must be wasted before we find a solution to this? We're not taking that risk. I built the seals on my body. Now activate it before it's too late!..." She said but none of my body wants to do it.

 

If I activate the seal she will be sealed along with her Zera.

 

She will vanished.

 

And so I made up my mind.

 

"Please give this cloak to my daughter. Please always remind her how much I love her" She said taking off her cloak and handed it to me.

 

I didn't took it.

 

"Savannah. We been through together at most of the toughest things....If that's what you decided to do. We'll do it together." I said

 

"What?! No Ysabel! Just let me do this alone. You’re the only one I could trust to look after my daughter!" She refused as expected.

 

"Don't be stupid Savannah! You’re lost your other eye. And one eye is not enough to build a strong seal! You will need me to keep Zera sealed forever!" I insisted.

 

She frowns and clench her fist.

 

Is she planning to fight me?

 

"Don't you want to see your daughter one last time before you sacrifice yourself?" I ask and that softens her expression.

 

"The Council is accusing Guardians of Death for conspiracy because of the village that you burned....the village that Zera burned. I need you. And I know we still have enough time to settle some important things" I said to her hoping that I could convinced her.

 

"I understand." She said and that is a huge relief.

 

I brought Savannah back in the palace secretly and received an unexpected news.

 

Something terrible happen while I'm away in just few hours.

 

"My Queen. Lady Savannah. Someone had been spreading a rumor about Lady Savannah betraying the kingdom!" One of the Guardians of Death reported to me.

 

"They say that the Queen is trying to defend them.. My Queen. What will we do now?" A Guardian of Love ask.

 

There's only one person I know who could start spreading that rumor.

 

Savannah and I look at each other. We're both aware of what the head Minister wants to happen after spreading the rumor.

 

"Assemble every member of the Royal Clan into the dungeon. Do it secretly. We must discuss something really important" and let other clans know about Savannah's return"  I said and they spread out taking my order.

 

"What are you planning to do?" Savannah ask me as we get inside the kids' room.

 

"Entrusting our future to these two regardless of whatever might happen after we seal Zera." I said.

 

"There will be an unnecessary war that will destroy peace and unity of the six clans.....Four clans in the future.... Don't you think letting everyone know about the tragic past of Royal Clan would enlighten them?" She ask.

 

"There's a reason why our ancestors keep that a secret. So let's stick with that and how did you know what I'm planning to do?" I ask.

 

"I know you. I know how you think. And I must say that it's not really a bad idea. But to whom do you plan to entrust our daughters? Leaving them to their fathers is not a good idea" She said and lift her daughter wrapping her cloak around the baby.

 

"There's someone I know who can take care of them" I said assuring her.

 

~FLASHBACK TO BE CONTINUED~

 

PRESENT TIME

BORAM'S POV

When I come back home I saw the leaders of two clans leaving our house.

 

I thought my parents are just meeting Hyomin's parents but Soyeon's parents were here too.

 

"Why are the leaders of other clans in here?" I ask my Mom when I get inside the house.

 

"They came here to talk about your father's coronation" She said.

 

Coronation?

 

"What do you mean? We're not Royal Bloods." I said not knowing if I should be happy for my own father or to be scared on what this may lead everyone into.

 

"Royal bloods doesn't exist anymore. It's time for our clan to be next in line. We'll be forever at peace if we rule. We are Guardians of Wisdom the smartest of them all. With us ruling the kingdom dumb decisions just like what happen in the past will be avoided." Mom said proudly.

 

Dumb decisions huh?

 

I don't feel good about this. Part of me thinks this is some kind of a dumb decision.

 

"You seemed unhappy about this" Mom said giving me a questioning look.

 

"It's not that I'm not happy but the six clans must unite to have a new Emperor. That's rule Mom" I said.

 

The six clans must be united in proclaiming a new king or queen and this rule is only applicable if none of the Royal Bloods wants to take the throne.

 

"Guardians of Death and Guardians of Love is long gone. They're traitors. Once the Hunters found the vampire's lair they will be annihilated and as for the Guardians of Discord......" Mom said giving me a serious look.

 

"What will you do if the Guardians of Discord disagree?" I ask.

 

"We have no other choice but to erase them too" She said.

 

WHAT?!

 

T-they're willing to kill everyone just to have the throne???

 

I clenched my fist.

 

This isn't right!

 

But damn opposing my parents is not right either!

 

What's wrong with them?!

 

Why do they act this way?!

 

"Please excuse me I have to buy something for school tomorrow" I said leaving the house once again.

 

I need to think....away from them.

 

Something is not right with my parents. Why all of a sudden they act like a villain?

 

They can maintain peace without the throne.

 

Royal Bloods still exist. Until they refused to take the throne we have no right to proclaim a new one from other clans.

 

I walk around the city streets without somewhere particular to go.

 

I sigh.

 

If my parents killed everyone what's there left to rule? And shouldn't they focus on the case of the missing mortals instead of this?

 

I sat on the bench in park watching the kids playing around and some dating couples too.

 

Its past 3pm now so it's a little crowded in here already.

 

Makes me wonder what my life would be if I was born a mortal instead.

 

I wouldn't need to worry about things like this anymore.

 

I keep watching these people to relax but then I felt that the wind blow changes.

 

It's not blowing hard or something. There's just something weird in it and I could easily said that because wind is my elemental power.

 

I wave my hand trying to let my wind figure out what's wrong.

 

Then, my wind suddenly hurl slowly into the people here in the park.

 

Still my wind couldn't tell me what this strange thing exactly is.

 

Then in just a split seconds every mortals in the park disappeared!

 

I stood there in shock!

 

Where did they go?!

 

I bet this is what Soyeon is talking about before.

 

Humans suddenly disappear leaving no trace at all.

 

I can't tell if they die coz if they did. I should've seen their souls before they totally become lost souls and remain unseen.

 

Knowing I can't do anything with this situation I just sit again and try to remember how things happened.

 

It's hard to see it when they just vanished in a split of seconds and I wasn't even expecting it to happen.

 

"There's no use of trying to think. I've seen something like this before but this still remains a mystery to me"

 

I heard someone talk and it came from above me.

 

I look up and found Soyeon sitting on a branch of a tree.

 

Since when did she get there?

 

"Are you stalking?" I said.

 

"Tss. I was here first. You're the one who's stalking me" She said and jump off the tree then sat beside me.

 

Now it's really quiet in here.

 

"Is it true that your father wants to be the new Emperor?" She ask.

 

So she know that too.

 

"I just found out earlier actually" I said and look down.

 

It's the main reason why I'm here.

 

"My parents would never bow down to your father. They rather die than get ruled by him. We both know what will likely to happen with this. What will you do?" She ask.

 

"I can't do anything. My parents won't listen to me for sure" I said.

 

She sound so serious and I can't contemplate if she's mad at me or not.

 

She sighed.

 

"I guess it can't be helped. But to tell you the truth. I wouldn't want to fight you or Hyomin but if the war started I need to stand for my clan and so do you. We'll be enemies.....That sound sad. I never enjoy conflicts among friends" She said looking on the other side.

 

"You consider me as a friend?" I ask.

 

"Of course I do. I'm friends with vampires why can't I be friends with you? It doesn't matter to me if you don't consider me as a friend but to me you are my friends." She said.

 

She's really quiet odd.

 

The most open-minded and friendly Guardian of Discord I ever know.

 

I giggled.

 

"Why are you laughing?" She ask.

 

"Nothing......Soyeon-ah. Have you ever wonder how the conflict between our clans started?" I ask

 

"Well I don't but everybody knows and said it's my ancestor's fault" She said.

 

"Nah. It can't be that way. I'm sure you know conflict won't exist only because of the other side but the most righteous as everybody believe always gets proven not guilty" I said..

 

"What you believe doesn't matter if no one wants to listen. What's done is done. This conflict exist for so long. If war would put an end to this I guess let it be then" She said and I'm kinda surprise about it.

 

I thought she would highly oppose the war too......I kinda feel disappointed with it.

 

"Tomorrow night. We're still continue the infiltration. I hope you haven't change your mind." I said.

 

"I haven't. But what if we find something against your parents?" She said.

 

"....." I just look down.

 

"....What if I used it against your clan?" She ask again.

 

"Then, let it be. If that what it takes to stop the war. Just so you know I'm so against the war Soyeon-ah. I hate you from the start but then your persistence makes me put my trust you. That still never change even now that we might be enemies sooner or later" I said.

 

Soyeon just stare at me for a moment. I could tell even though I'm not looking at her.

 

But I lift my head and look at her when she suddenly place her hand on mine.

 

"My parents plans to join forces with the vampires by letting me marry their leader's daughter." She said.

 

Mwo? Marry????

 

"W-why are you telling me this?" I ask.

 

She shouldn't have been revealing her clans plan to me.

 

"Because I trust you too. I trust you to do the right thing" She said and smile at me.

 

Why?...Why is it that her touch makes me feel something weird inside?

 

Why does her smile warms my heart?.

 

Why does it her saying she trust me seems to mean so much for me?

 

Am I.....am I falling for her?

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

"Gyu-Gyuri? You're our client?" I ask in surprise.

 

Why would Gyuri ask for a matchmaker?

 

"Eunjung don't be so surprised. I'm really in love this time and I need your help" She said and clings on my arm.

 

"Ohh you didn't tell me that Jiyeon is with you." Gyuri said acting like she didn't saw Jiyeon earlier which make Jiyeon frown more.

 

"Are you stupid? We didn't even know that you're the one we're going to meet. Coz we do know that it would be you. I'd rather play hide n seek with Eunjung in a plain sight!" Jiyeon said and pull me away from Gyuri then make me stand behind her.

 

And what is Jiyeon talking about? How can we play hide n seek in plain sight?

 

Now the two of them we're throwing death glare at each other.

 

"Y-yah. D-don't fight please." I said trying to ease the tension.

 

"You! Is this how you treat your client?!" Gyuri yelled to her.

 

"No. Only to you coz I know what you are. I know you're up to no good" Jiyeon said.

 

What is she saying?

 

"Really Jiyeon? Please don't act like you’re not hiding anything. I also know what you are. " Gyuri said and smirked.

 

 I suddenly feel out of place.

 

What the hell are they talking about?!

 

"Eunjung you choose. Let's leave or you go entertain her" Jiyeon turn around and said to me.

 

Heol

 

Why couldn't they get along?

 

"Excuse us for a minute Gyuri. We'll just talk" I said and pull Jiyeon on the other side of the road.

 

"What's wrong?" I ask Jiyeon who is still frowning.

 

"I don't like her so let's just leave" She said.

 

"Jiyeon-ah. You know she's my friend."  I said.

 

"Fine. Then you make your choice. I'll leave now" She said and was about to walk away but I didn't let go of her hand.

 

"Let go" She ordered me.

 

"Please don't go. I promise we'll finish this quick and we'll leave her." I begged to her.

 

"Fine!" She finally agreed.

 

"Yes! Thank you! That's why I love you so much!" I said cheerfully and suddenly get awkward when I realize what I just said from her shocked reaction.

 

"U-uhm...W-what I...uhm I mean is that I love you....as a FRIEND. You know hehe. I'm a-a Guardian of Love. I-I'm overflowing with love in my heart." I said and laugh to remove the awkward atmosphere.

 

Jiyeon looks at me like it was the lamest thing I ever said.

 

I sighed.

 

I think she wouldn't make it a big deal.

 

"I love you too" She said and that made me stunned for few seconds.

 

"Ji-jinja?" I just manage to say.

 

"Hmp. Stop acting like a Stupid Cupid. I love you too as a friend. What's that reaction for?!" She said while back facing me.

 

Ahh I guess I assumed too much.

 

I almost forgot she already have a girlfriend.

 

I hit my head for the silly thoughts running. What's there to get so disappointed of?

 

"C'mon. Let's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter