Unfair

The LUs (And Why You Should Avoid Them)

Fairies and other mythical creatures are not real but there must be a reason for those stories to exist in the first place, right?

Sirens and mermaids for instance possibly came from a story of one sailor. There's a chance that said sailor saw a normal beautiful girl sing by the cliff and got too distracted which then led to his ship or boat crashing on a huge rock. So to not be labelled as the latest idiot, he then generate this story wherein he saw a beautiful girl who lulled him to his end. And since he was fishing back then, he decided to make the girl half-fish just for the heck of it. 

Generally, humans are naive creatures therefore they believed him. 

And so, the story of a half-girl half-fish circulated until it reached places the sailor could have never imagined. 

Yixing stated that theory to him one rainy day while they were inside their school's private coffee shop. It was one of those days wherein he thinks his cousin is potentially smoking something he shouldn't. But Yixing never smelled like weed (the guy practically smells like a candy store in all honesty) and even though he don't act and look like it, he is actually smart (he's ranked first all throughout Seoul). Even still, his theory was so bizarre that Lu Han was afraid he slipped somewhere without anyone knowing and hit his head. He then proceeded on calling him an idiot.

Looking back, he probably shouldn't have called him that.

Because, right now, Lu Han is practically experiencing Yixing's theory.

He feels like he is staring eye-to-eye with a human too magical to be called as one. He is like standing in front of a water god and is visibly smitten by his mere presence. The aquarium itself gives the illusion of fishes swimming around the unknown boy and his eyes glimmers under the blue light. He certainly looks inhuman and Lu Han is actually questioning his sanity, or if this boy is even real.

While the unknown boy quickly regains from his initial shock, Lu Han continues stand on his spot looking dazed and confused. Even when the boy gives him a polite bow and leaves, Lu Han is glued to his spot—continuously questioning his sanity and if the thing he just saw is real. 

It is only then when his phone rings loudly in his pocket that Lu Han finally regains his self back. 

He scrambles and reaches out for the device, cringing upon seeing his Mother's name flash on the screen. He lost track of the time and the woman is probably flaming mad now. Receiving the call, he prepares himself for the worst.

"Where are you?" The woman hisses. 

Sighing, Lu Han gives the aquarium one last glance and turns around. "I'm coming." He says and ends the call, not waiting for his mother's response. It sure will irk the woman but he could deal with that later. He just had the weirdest experience and he is still shaken up to care about his mother's nagging. 

He leaves the room with confusion heavy on his shoulder.

He gives the door another glance and there is this unexplainable pull that makes him want to go back to make sure he hasn't been hallucinating. 

He is about to return. 

Then he thought against it.

Shaking his head rapidly (even going as far as slapping his own face), he makes his way to the VIP room where the receptionist led them. He arranged his suit before taking hold of the gold handle. He mentally tells himself to not think of the stranger even further. He is haunting him with those beautiful eyes and not even more than ten minutes had passed since he saw him. Their interaction didn't also lasted that long. Yet he is already doing this much to Lu Han. 

Maybe he really did saw a Water God. If not why is his mere presence doing strange things to him?

The boy laughs at the stupid notion and opens the door. 

The room is probably twice as big as Lu Han's playroom as a kid (and that's really saying something because it was half the size of the Lu's living room) yet there is only a single round table in the middle. Seven servers waits by the corner of the room while the people occupying the table covered with beige satin sheet chatted joyously. He spots his parents sitting beside two adults Lu Han had never seen in person before. He recognizes the man as well as the woman from pictures his mother keeps. The other occupants on the other hand, he really don't know. 

His mother perks upon seeing him approaching. While she has a sweet smile plastered on her face, the dangerous glimmer in her eyes didn't escapes Lu Han. 

The boy tries his hardest to swallow the nervous lump that has formed in his throat. He politely bows at the husband and wife before taking a seat beside his father. He didn't spare the other three occupants glance on a side note. He thought he hear someone cough a 'dirtbagalert' but his mom already starts dumping all the attention on him before he could glare at whoever it was that said it. 

"So this is my son, Han," Rongjia introduces him with a sickeningly sweet voice (Lu Han actually gave himself an imaginary pat on the shoulder for not rolling his eyes). "and Han, this is my high school best friend Xuefue, I call her Puff, and her husband Kim Heechul." She says and motions to the woman in blue gown and the man in white tuxedo. 

While the smile Xuefue gives him look genuine enough, Heechul on the other hand isn't so good at faking it. 

Lu Han's mouth hurt just by looking at how Heechul is forcing it. But to not appear rude, and Xuefue seems to be genuinely happy to see him, Lu Han smiles at the duo. "It's a pleasure to meet you." He says, just like how his Dad taught him to. 

"The pleasure is ours." Xuefue reciprocates (Lu Han then concluded that he is going to include her to the list of people he tolerates). "By the way, these are our sons, Joonmyun and Jongdae," She motions to the boy with a clean cut appearance and the other one who is grinning like Cheshire cat. "And of course my nephew Zitao." Then to the blonde boy who has some really distinct eyebags that somewhat reminded Lu Han of those Pandas his Aunt Sarah owns in her manor back Xi'an.

"Actually, I still have one more son but he excused himself to go to the bathroom earlier and hasn't returned yet since." The woman adds in worry. 

"... Maybe I should go look for him, Ma." The one named Joonmyun volunteers. 

"Or how about I do it?" Heechul hastily stands up from his seat, shaking the utensils in the process. But before the man could take one step, his wife pulls him back.

"I think Joonmyun can handle the task more." The woman assures before signaling her son to go. Excusing himself politely, Joonmyun leaves the table to go look for this other son Xuefue is talking about. Heechul look like he is going to protest but his wife is already back with shifting her attention to Lu Han. 

"So, Han," She starts with a smile, her already pretty face morphing into something angelic. "Would it be too much if I ask you to tell me about yourself?" Xuefue questions. 

Here we go. A part of Lu Han wants to say no because this has been a normal occurrence and he's definitely not that comfortable talking about himself to people he barely know but he masks it by smiling sweetly at the woman. He sees Heechul twitch beside her and it sort of tickles his crude humor. Maybe irking this man would be fun. "Of course not." He grins widely. "I am the captain of the football team, I own a clothing line and I sometimes produce and write songs during my free time. I don't have much to say about myself, really." He says, leaving off the parts wherein he have a dozen of properties and businesses under his name courtesy of his grandfather. 

"You write songs?" Xuefue gasps in awe. "That's wonderful!" 

He hears Heechul grumble a 'I can write songs too' and it makes the grin on Lu Han's face grow wider. 

"Yes, and if you want, I can write one for you too, Auntie." He winks which make the woman laughs and shake her head. He could also tell that it is taking all of Heechul's self-control to not jump on Lu Han then and there. 

Noticing her husband's blatant show of hate toward the boy, Xuefue squeezes her husband's arm and give him a smile that says she's not falling for his charm. "I think I'm too old for that." She smiles before her entire expression lights up at something behind Lu Han. "Oh, look! They're here." She exclaims. 

'And so the other son finally came'. Lu Han thinks as he takes a sip of his water. 

With slight curiosity, the boy decides that taking a peek of the boy in question wouldn't hurt and returns his glass to its proper place. Turning his body to the direction of the door, Lu Han struggles to see the person behind Joonmyun. He cranes his neck a little to the side and when he finally did sees 'him', everything feels like how it did the first time. 

It is as if in slow motion as the boy walks inside the room, his pretty peach lips forming into a small smile as he bows to one of the servers who welcomed them, his beautiful almond-shaped eyes seems to glimmer and hold the galaxy with how the chandelier above reflected in them, and when they lock eyes for the second time that evening, Lu Han literally feels the air gets knocked out of his lungs. 

Hundred of words swirled in his mind in different languages, English, French, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Japanese. They are in a jumbled mess but all of those words direct to just one definition: 

Beautiful

Lu Han's mind drifts to the time he first trekked the Great Wall when he was seven. He remembers the sceneries he saw that day, the wonders that will forever be engraved in his mind, the breath taking view of the greenery below and how his Aunt Feifei created a faux rainbow by spraying waters in the air. He remembers watching with his mouth open as seven colors painted the air and how truly majestic and unworldly it looked.

And that was the first time truly understood the definition of the word 'beautiful'. Ever since, nothing came close to what he considers as the true definition of 'beautiful'. 

Eleven years later, Lu Han finally finds something or someone that could easily par up with the beauty of the Great Wall and he is coming closer and closer. 

And when he finally sits on the chair directly facing him, he then decides that this boy is not human if he could do this much to Lu Han without even doing anything. No human in the world could affect the Lu Han this much without any aid from something unknown. He couldn't even find something coherent to say to the newcomer who hasn't spare him another glance since he entered the room. He appears to be in deep thoughts and the way his brows furrows in concentration is so adorable that it makes Lu Han want to put him in a bag and take him home. 

Lu Han finally decides that he is going to add the boy to the list of people that he actually likes. 

"I finally remembered!" Cutie suddenly exclaims, startling everyone in the process. "You're that pretty boy I saw in the other room earlier." 

Or not. 

Lu Fon and Lu Rongjia visibly turns rigid and the temperature inside the room falls a few degrees lower. The rest of the Kims notices it too and while they want to ask what is going on, they thought against it due to the unknown fear that seems to engulf them the moment Minseok blurted those words. The only one who is probably oblivious to the sudden mood drop is the person who started it all. 

Lu Han feels his eye twitch as the word 'pretty' continuously echoes in his head. 

Letting out a disbelieving laugh, he gives the newcomer an offended look. "What did you just called me?" He challenges. Minseok gives everyone a confused look and turns even more confused when he sees the lady he didn't know shake her head rapidly. 

Blinking a couple of times, Minseok realizes that he probably should respond. "Umm, pretty?" He says, quite unsure of what to say. 

Wrong move. 

If there is one thing that Lu Han hates the most, it is to be called 'Pretty'. He is perfectly aware that he looked feminine (unfortunately taking after his mother's soft features) and having someone rub it to his face is enough to make him see red. His hatred to being called as one is so severe that even his mother backs down and get as far as she could. There is this one time back in sixth grade that he knocked a classmate's tooth out of his mouth all because he called him that. Of course, thanks to his family connections, he didn't got suspended for it which basically made everyone even more wary of calling Lu Han 'pretty' or any words synonymous to that.

"I suggest you take that back and apologize before I do something that you'll regret." Lu Han warns through gritted teeth. 

Heechul, who suddenly look alarmed (which is understandable), want to say something but one glare from the boy strangely made him close his mouth and swallow the words he is about to say.

Minseok, on the other hand, continues to be oblivious to the entire ordeal. Instead of panicking like everyone do, he simply tilts his head to the side. "Why?" he questions with genuine confusion.

Lu Han's temper is elevating in an alarming speed and he is a hair's breath in beating the hell out of this offending boy. "Because I ing hate when people call me that and I am not ing pretty and I will knock your teeth off if you still don't apologize. Now." he nearly growls. 

"Oh..." Minseok's expression finally lights up in understanding. "I see... It's a shame then..." The boy, much to everyone's horror, simply shrugs and takes a sip of his water. 

Lu Han hisses, his chair screeching as he abruptly stands up, ready to attack the boy. "You piece of sh—" 

"... 'cause I really like pretty people." 

Which is something he wasn't able to do with the words that nonchalantly escapes the boy's lips. 

Lu Han is frozen mid stance as his mind completely goes blank with the words Minseok had said to him. He resembles a fish out of water, mouth opening and closing with the lack of words coming out of it, with the underlying panic surging his system with how his anger disappeared with just a sentence. 

Lu Fon and Rongjia watches in awe as their son slowly turns pink then red when Minseok smiles as he says his apologies. They couldn't believe what they are seeing when Lu Han simply backs down (a dazed expression on his face) without any fight and sits back on his chair. Rongjia nearly screams in horror upon noticing how red her son's ear are (his bashful 'i-it's okay' terrified her the most) and at one second start questioning if this boy is really hers. Even Fon couldn't believe what he's seeing. 

It is like Lu Han suddenly turned into a tamed beast for just one second. 

Leaning back to his chair, the man rubs the stubbles on his chin and shifts his gaze from Lu Han to Minseok. 

Maybe, just maybe, this entire ordeal with Kims could be good. 

 


 

Heechul was sobbing uncontrollably while they boarded their private plane. He kept on repeating how leaving their sons (and nephew) to the Lus was a bad idea, or how Lu Han looked like he was going to jump off a building when his parents finally admitted the Kims are going to be living with them before appearing like Satan incarnate and glared at the four boys (especially glaring hard at Minseok who was still clueless to what he had done), even when the doors finally closed, they could still hear their father sob about Lu Han planning on selling them to the black market. 

Minseok, Joonmyun, Jongdae, and Zitao are picked up from the airport by a black Mercedes Benz courtesy of the Lus. While there are plenty of space beside the uniformed driver, the four of them choose to cram up on the back seat. The nerves are getting the best of them and at the back of their mind, they thinks that their father (uncle) might be right about this being a bad idea. 

"Maybe we should ask him to turn around." Jongdae whispers to Joonmyun who look equally as nervous as him. 

"W-we can't," his older brother stutters as he fiddles with the hem of his sweater. "Dad and Ma are going to be gone for a year or more." He explains. "T-they've been wanting to travel the world and Ma don't trust us enough to let us live back at the manor alone." 

"... R-right." Jongdae nervously chuckles upon hearing the reason why they were being sent to an unknown, and possibly dangerous, place. Again. 

"I'm scared... Lu Han looked really mad yesterday." Zitao whimpers as he clung on Minseok's arm. "What if his cousins are as equally mean? They will not enslave us, will they?" The boy questions through teary eyes. 

"I hope not!" Jongdae screeches (a habit he got from his father) and successfully startles the driver. The car slightly swerve on the street before the driver gets a hold of the wheels and put it in the right track. 

"Jesus, Jongdae! Can you not do that?! Are you trying to kill us?!" Joonmyun exclaims while clutching his chest. His heart is rapidly thumping against them and swears he saw his life flash before his very eyes. 

Minseok, who is more concerned if Snow White would be properly taken care off when he's away, merely sighs and looks out of the window. He didn't mind Jongdae's outburst or their near death experience or that Lu Han obviously didn't liked him (actually, he isn't aware that the boy do not like him), because his mind is too occupied of all the worst case scenarios that could possibly happen to his precious cow. He reminded Mrs. Ahn to take good care of her a hundred times but he still is unable to remove his head from unnecessary thoughts. 

Like, what if the farmers accidentally send her to McDonalds?! 

Or what if she'll caught an incurable disease and dies while Minseok was away?! 

Or, or, what if she finds a handsome male cow and fall in love and runaway with him like in those dramas he watches in the afternoon?! 

Or, or, or—

"Yikes, its huge." Jongdae's voice brings him back to reality. Minseok blinks a couple of times and finally realizes the car is entering a huge gate painted in gold. The white house in the middle is indeed huge, far bigger than their manor back at home, and if he is worried earlier, he is more worried now. For different reasons. As the car halts in front of marbled stairs leading to the house's huge oak doors, his urge to return to Snow White became more evident. 

", how did they managed to squeeze this thing in the city?" Jongdae whispers more to himself as they get out of the car. A dozen of maids clad in uniform robotically gets out of the house and takes their belongings away to god knows where. The brothers wants to protest but they are too overwhelmed to even utter one word. 

True that they own quite a fortune as well, but they had been raised in a lot simpler manner and everything about this place contrasted what they are used to. 

"I don't like it here." Minseok murmurs as they follow a butler inside the house. 

If the exterior of the house is overwhelming, the inside is twice as mind numbing. There is a huge marbled staircase in the middle of the room, the railings painted with gold and they subtly wondered what the fascination with the color is all about, paintings litters the walls, the furniture all looked expensive and everything inside the house all screams extreme fortunes. 

But that isn't what intimidated them the most. 

What intimidated them most are the people who are descending down the stairs.

They walks with full confidence, clad with expensive branded clothes that possibly cost more than their farm animals combined.

Two has a quite an indifferent expression on their faces, the other owns a pair of thick eyebrows and eyes that are basically ordering you to fall on your knees and bow before him. His entire aura screams power and Joonmyun, Jongdae, and Zitao are not able to stop the whimper that escapes their throats when he shifts his gazes to each one of them. 

The other boy who is nearly as tall, has his hands tuck in his pockets and is openly glaring at the newcomers. He looks like a model straight out of a magazine and by the way he carry his clothing, he is probably one himself. He takes a pair of sunglasses from his pocket and wears them as if saying that he don't like what he's seeing. 

The third one, although not as scary as the other two, still look intimidating for some strange and unknown reason with his blank eyes and expressionless face. He almost appears to be weighing their worth as he transfer his attention to each and one of them, starting from their head to toe. They feel like caged animals being auctioned to the black market and he was one of those rich collector who was scrutinizing them  while thinking if they were even worth the money.

Lastly, the obvious Alpha of the pack. 

His platinum blonde hair is styled up, far from the clean cut hairstyle he wore yesterday, and his face is contorted in pure distate. Despite the indifference, he still look angelic with his gray v-neck and black ripped skinny jeans, topped by the white glow of the house. His eyes lingers longer on Minseok and it didn't escaped his brothers eyes. The three simultaneously shivers at the thought that this predator officially choose their eldest as his prey.

And when they stops a feet away from them, their eyes glimmering in an emotion that is far from welcoming, the Kims then realized that everything about this entire ordeal was indeed a bad idea. 

Also, Snow White could really runaway with a handsome cow back home. 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

product of watching too many asian dramas lmao.

whydoesthisalreadyhave7upvotestho?imshookt.