Oh Boy

The LUs (And Why You Should Avoid Them)

Minseok is on a mission.

Or to put it clearly, Baekhyun put him on a mission.

"Why am I doing this again?" Minseok asks and frowns when the boy jab a beauty blender on his face. Baekhyun places his index finger on his mouth to shut the boy up. He continues to blend the BB cream on Minseok's face like he's painting the greatest art the world's going to see.

In the midst of quiet atmosphere of XSAB's Greenhouse, the low grumbling of a boy and the soft whining of another could be heard.

"Leave Minseok alone, idiot." Kyungsoo—the person who Minseok wanted to see the other day—says as he flips a page of the book he's reading. He is mildly annoyed that Baekhyun had decided to plan his—whatever it is in the Greenhouse but he knows that he never listen and Baekhyun do whatever he want. Especially when he looks like he's on the verge of killing someone.

"No," Baekhyun stops beating Minseok's face with a beauty blender and faces the freckled boy. "You see this face?" He says as he tilts the elder's face to the other boy's direction. "This face is going to get us a ton of and ."

Kyungsoo's eyebrow twitches at his choice of wording. "You're so gross." He comments. "And tell me what's wrong with the number of people we already have? His brothers and cousin had agreed to join us which meant that we're already safe. We're already pass the four member quota, the student council's not gonna take the Performance Club down."

"Yeah but seven people are not enough to copy Girls Generation." He huffs and resumes with prepping Minseok up for the open club recruitment.

"For the last time, Baekhyun, we are not going to copy Girls Generation." Kyungsoo sighs and rubs his temples. "And can't you just admit the real reason why you're doing that to him?"

Sighing and rolling his eyes to oblivion—he is lucky Kyungsoo is feeling lazy and refuses to stand up from his seat or else he's probably sacrificed to Satan by now—, Baekhyun puts the beauty blender on top of the makeup table and crosses his arms. "Okay, since you insist, I will tell you." He says. "I am going to show those ing Betas that an Omega is prettier than them."

Somewhere inside the Greenhouse they hears Hani mutter an 'Oh boy, here we go again' as Baekhyun finally confessed.

Kyungsoo, who is regretting why he even bothered asking, exhales a breath and put his book down. "What did they do this time?"

"This is what happened." Baekhyun pulls the chair opposite to him and sits. "So I was in class, happily minding my own business as I looked out of the window and Taeyeon's 'Fine' blasting on my earphones and imagining a nonexistent breakup, when this of a Beta who had too much layers of foundation on went to me and said: 'Oh hi, Baekhyun! How you doin'? Still not over the 80's yet?' and I swear to ing God if it weren't for Hani, that 's teeth would be all over the place by now." He tell-tales without much breathing and Kyungsoo is mildly concerned about Baekhyun's lungs.

Mildly.

He also wouldn't mind if he drops dead.

"You really need to stop letting them get you." Kyungsoo says with a tired sigh escaping his lips. "And don't drag other people into your problem."

"I'm not dragging Minseok into my problem, he willingly agreed to this." Baekhyun defends.

"I didn't." Only to be exposed by Minseok himself.

"Shush!" The younger hisses and give the elder a warning glare. "I'm buying your cow some really expensive accessories after this so shut up."

Kyungsoo shakes his head and throws his friend a disapproving look. "You do realize he's older than you, right?" He questions because if it were other people, Baekhyun would have been sent to the XSAB's very own hospital due to being disrespectful.

"He don't look like it if you noticed." Baekhyun starts and stands up from his seat to tend back to Minseok. "And the more the merrier, right? You must agree on me with that one and the easiest way to get some fresh recruits is to have a very cute front man. I would trample on those Betas ego and we get to have more people, it's a win-win situation." He smirks as he fixes Minseok's full eyebrows.

Originally, he wanted Joonmyun to do this but Jongdae must have let his big mouth slip because he ran away before Baekhyun could open his mouth and take him by the neck to drag him down to the dark side.

Goddammit.

He was about to give up on life when just like that, he caught sight of Minseok from the rooftop and had the greatest idea of all time. He could continue on chasing Joonmyun but why do that when there's a 'shota-looking' boy munching a doughnut under a tree? While getting Minseok to agree was quite difficult, (apparently, it was too stupid) Baekhyun was glad he loves to gossip around and know Minseok has a cow whom he treats like his very own child. So, even though buying cow accessories was strange and his Father would definitely give him a look, he promised the boy to give his Snow Balls—or was it Snow White?—a makeover to make her the prettiest cow alive. Minseok immediately agreed without batting an eye.

Kyungsoo didn't said anything after that. Byun Baekhyun is the resident crazy and Minseok should've known better than to sign a contract with him.

So, returning to his book, he let Baekhyun plot his revenge like a deranged witch in those Disney movies cooking up a potion.

Seriously, he is laughing like a maniac all throughout the process.

 


 

Something is about to happen and he is not going to like it.

Lu Han could feel it.

For starters, Irene told him that he was doomed without supplying the reason why, merely saying that it was too complicated and it was going to be even more complicated if she explain it. After that, she told him to do this weird dance that was akin to a deer hopping and a gorilla break dancing. It was supposed to help him but he couldn't erase the underlying feeling that she's only toying with him. (But she did told him he could return if he wanted someone to listen to his problems.)

With a scowl on his face that's enough to put Yifan's into shame, he walks ahead of the group with his hands tucked inside his pockets.

He finds it annoying the clubs are doing the recruitment two months after the school year officially started for it is just plain stupid. To Lu Han, if you want to ing recruit some members, you should do it two weeks after the class starts. And this? These stalls and tents that are laid out on the open-field is keeping the football team (soccer to be more precise but the most common names) from practicing and letting Lu Han pour all his confusion and frustration in a game.

True that he may be the captain, but Lu Han made Sehun stay on guard and evaluate the future recruits.

Which is kind of a bad move because his cousin is slightly leaning on below average when it comes to intelligence. But then again, Lu Han is pissed and there is this uncomfortable churn in his guts that's keeping him from caring.

Behind him, he hears Amber (the manager of the football team and someone who should be helping Sehun back at the tent) snort and possibly elbowed Kibum. "Look, there's a poop experimentation club. What the ?" She laughs.

"That's disgusting. What's wrong with those people?" The boy replies before the girl points at another peculiar club. Their conversation grows deaf on Lu Han's ears as he trudge the way scowling and glaring at those people who thinks they have the right to hesitate and give way to the great Han of the Lu. He is in the mood of smacking someone on the head and throwing them out of the gate because he can.

And he is so close in doing so.

Or maybe he could join the poop experimentation club so that he could have his examined and finally put a light to whatever it was that he's feeling.

, this was all Kim Minseok's fault!

If it wasn't for him, Lu Han wouldn't even give the poop club a thought! He could still be running around the city and paint it red, not staying in doors and panicking when he's still not home! He would still be buying Baozis for himself and not buying it for Kim Minseok and his lovely cheeks! He would still be ruling the school with poise and not going to the back garden to question his sanity! He wouldn't ruffle his perfectly styled hair just because Minseok is invading his mind and is on the verge of giving him a heart attack!

He wouldn't be so confused of an unknown feeling and most certainly he wouldn't be stopping in the middle of way just because the reason for his confusion is coming his way.

Amber collided with his back but strangely, Lu Han didn't snarled at her nor did he even moved an inch.

That's because Lu Han didn't even comprehended what happened for his mind is fixed on the figure who is coming nearer and nearer.

Lu Han's mouth runs dry as he takes in the sight before him.

While Kim Minseok is still wearing the school's assigned uniform, he look more unwordly than the boy he saw behind that aquarium.

His usual unruly set of raven hair is combed and styled to the side (the bangs curled so that it was slightly covering his other eye), giving him a lot more youthful look. His usual peach and plump lips are redder like someone patted a small amount of tint just so Lu Han could have a heart attack because they know his fantasies of kissing them for a reason he still don't know why (or refused to admit, for that matter). The dangly earing on his left ear glimmers against the lights and so did the two studs of diamonds in his right ear.

And just like how it was two weeks ago, Kim Minseok took his breath away like he's a deer who met a god in the middle of the woods.

Lu Han unconsciously his lips as the distance between them grew smaller and smaller and when Minseok walks by passed him (not even sparing him a glance), never had he feel anger eat him so much as much as it did when Minseok ignored him like he's just a person on a busy streets.

Kim Minseok is doing exactly what Lu Han wanted and yet it is frustrating him to the point that he want to turn around and do what his mind and soul wanted:

And that was to kiss him.

 


 

Whatever it is that Baekhyun had planned, Minseok doesn't think it's working. The boy think so while he rub his shoulder to relieve it from the knot that had formed.

So far, the only people who approached their stall were boys and girls who kept on asking for his number. He don't understand the reason behind it so he told them he don't have one (which was the truth) and they always pout—saying something about "don't be shy, I just want us to be friends!"—until Minseok do convince them that he don't have one. They all gave him a incredulous look because how was that even possible? According to them "even grannies have one nowadays", but Minseok simply shrugs and says he never had to use one. Joonmyun is always around and if his parents wanted to contact them, they'd call him instead. Unless Snow White is able to use a cellphone then Minseok would gladly use one. But that's the thing, she don't and the boy don't really have anywhere to go aside from their house, the barn, and school. So with slumped shoulders, they all left without even putting their names on the application form.

This is really tiring on so many levels and Minseok wants nothing but to go home.

"The Performance Club?" Minseok is brought back to reality by a deep voice.

Looking up to the stranger—'cause he's really tall and all #shortpeopleproblem—the boy blinks a couple of times and takes in his form. While his red hair catches his attention, he'd have to admit that his huge ears are what's stuck on Minseok's mind the most. He is wearing a varsity jacket and a duffle bag hang on his shoulder. Minseok tilts his head to the side and hold the clipboard to his chest. "Yes," he said. "Are you interested?"

"Oh," Big ears dude appeared like he just woke up from a dream and Minseok subtly wonders if he had something on his face that distracted the other. (He was looking at him with daze eyes for a second there.) "What do you guys do?"

Smiling, Minseok repeats what Kyungsoo told him. "We sing and dance and we also do covers of idol groups. Aside from that, we are also trying our luck with composing songs and during cultural festivals, we perform." Or something like that. He wants to add but thought against it.

"That's cool!" The boy exclaims with his mouth morphing into a big—almost creepy—smile. "Any luck with recruits?" he asks good naturedly.

At the question, Minseok sighs and shakes his head. "No. Baekhyun said we're sure to have a lot of recruits if I stand here but I don't think it's working." The boy admits with his lips forming into a pout. He fails to see how the other boy's eyes glimmers in what could be delight at the mention of Baekhyun's name and his smile turning wider.

"Byun Baekhyun?" Big eared dude excitedly exclaims. "He's part of this club?"

"Yeah?" Minseok replies, unsure where his excitement is coming from. "He's the Vice President."

If Minseok failed to see the glimmer of his eyes earlier, the boy catches sight of it this time and wonders how is it even possible. Also, big eared dude is grinning so wide that Minseok could almost feel his own face hurt just by looking at it. "Okay!" He finally decides after a minute or so. "I'm in! Where do I sign?" He states with a giddy bounce from one feet to another.

Confused yet delighted at the same time, Minseok closes his originally opened mouth and hands the boy the clipboard he's holding.

"Park Chanyeol..." He read as the other returned him back the clipboard. When Minseok looked up, he gave their new recruit a wide smile and fails to see the raging figure going their way. "Well, Chanyeol, my name is Kim Minseok and welcome to the club." He introduce, only to be pulled into a bone crushing hug courtesy of the boy.

"Let's have lots of fun!" The boy exclaims, nearly knocking the brochure on the table separating them as he hug the life out of Minseok.

His salvation on the other hand came from a voice who screamed at him the other day. "Chanyeol!" The instance, Chanyeol's vice-like grip loosen and they both look at the source of the voice.

Lu Han look like he wants to kill everyone as he stomps to their direction.

While the duo are both confused to why, they straightens up and Chanyeol shifted back to his original position which is a safe distance from Minseok. "Captain!" He calls out with an excited wave. "How you doin'?" He questions, possibly unaware of the fact that Lu Han wants to pummel him on the ground.

Halting a decent distance from the boy—enough to grab him by the neck—he give Chanyeol a glare. "What are you doing?" He asks through gritted teeth.

"Umm, I'm joining a club?" The other responds, unsure of what to say.

"You're barely even keeping up with the practice in football, why are you joining The Performance Club of all things?" Comes the question from a person who Minseok is having a hard time deciphering their gender.

"Baekhyun's here." Chanyeol grins widely.

The other boy who is with Lu Han scoffs. "You do realize that he's not going to be happy to see your name, right?" He says with an eyebrow raised.

"But I like him." Chanyeol pouts.

"And he hates you, so give up." Dude wearing a pleated skirt turned into pants above their knees retorts. "You literally made him the laughing stock of the entire school."

"It doesn't even look bad! He looks really pretty in mullet and our hair color matched!" Chanyeol defends which is rewarded a disapproving shake of the head from the duo.

Minseok on the other hand diverts his attention from the trio upon feeling someone is staring at him. Lu Han literally jumps when Minseok shifts his eyes on him. He gulps loudly but pulls himself together and hardens his glare. Which doesn't seem to bother the other. Minseok merely blinks and the words are threatening out of Lu Han's mouth but he holds it in.

If he talk now, he lose.

For the second time.

But Minseok doesn't seem like he's backing down either. He tilts his head to the side and his expression is completely blank. Lu Han felt his eye twitch as the other continues to act like he don't know him. At the back of his mind, a voice is telling him "well, you told him to act like that" but Lu Han shooes it away.

They continues like that for awhile.

Lu Han glares.

Minseok stares.

Minseok stares.

Lu Han glares.

And as the uncomfortable feeling continues to gnaw his insides, Lu Han's fuse lessens until, eventually, he blows up.

"How long do you plan on standing there like an idiot? Don't you have something to say to me?" Lu Han's sharp voice puts a halt to trio's continous banter and they all simultaneously divert their attention to Lu Han and Minseok.

Blinking, Minseok standw straight. "Am I supposed to say something?" He asks genuinely which makes Lu Han flush red.

"I don't know! How about 'How are you, Lu Han?' or 'The weather's kind of nice, isn't it?' or anything like a normal person do!" He exclaims and his companions jaw all drops. Never had they seen Lu Han talk like that. He's normally easy-going, a little bratty and vain, but chill nonetheless.

"But..." Minseok frowns. "You told me not to talk to you... Three times to be more precise." He retorts, throwing Lu Han to the pool of trampled pride and embarrassment.

Again.

"Wait!" Chanyeol choose it as the perfect time to intervene and possibly embarrass Lu Han even further. "You two know each other?" He asks with wide eyes before eventually, his expression morphs into something akin to shock as he put his hand over his mouth. "Could it be... You're Han's secret lover?!" He loudly exclaims and make the people within earshot halt on whatever they're doing.

All attention falls on Lu Han and never had he felt so uncomfortable being under the limelight.

"No..." Minseok replies, not even bothered by the accusation of being Lu Han's lover (it kind of irked Lu Han but he is not about to admit that). "But my brothers and I are currently living with his family. It's a long story." He says with a shrug.

Beside Chanyeol, unidentified gender creature whistled. "That's really Kdrama-ish..." They say and throws a suggestive wiggle of the eyebrow to Lu Han. "And then along with your stay, the heir of the house falls in love with you and smooch! You live happily ever after and adopt a dozen of children." They laugh which made Lu Han turn pale.

"No-ing-way!" He screams but only makes the unidentified creature laugh louder. Even Chanyeol and the other boy are also laughing at this point. "I ing swear if you don't stop laughing right now, you three are going to live on the streets. I'll make sure of it." He threatens through gritted teeth.

While Chanyeol and the other did a screeching halt, the unidentified creature merely snickeres and makes a motion of zipping their mouth.

", I hate you." Lu Han spits before transferring his glare to Minseok who didn't understood what the unidentified creature was implying. "And you, don't ignore me next time. Let's go," He growls and walks away (a futile attempt of saving his sorry ). Chanyeol bids Minseok good bye with a smile, saying "see you when I see you!" and runs after Lu Han whose ears are flaming red. The other follows suit but unidentified creature stayed and was still snickering.

"I think someone has a crush." They sing songed before smiling at Minseok. "Good luck, cutie pie. My vote goes to you." They say and brushes his chin with their knuckle. "My name's Liu Amber by the way and if you ever need help, just call me." They grin widely and takes the clipboard from Minseok's hands. They writes something on it and winks at the boy before handling it back. Unide—Amber wiggles their fingers before running to catch up to Lu Han and the rest.

Looking down, Minseok tilts his head in confusion at the thing Amber wrote on the paper.

'+82 XX XXXX YYYY — ฅ'ω'ฅ ) call me, future Mr. Lu!'

Whatever that means.

 


 

Joonmyun couldn't exactly say that everything's going fine—the two way door dividing his and Yifan's room is still keeping him up at night—but he guess it is better than getting bullied by the Lus.

Zitao obviously pissed Sehun off but so far the latter had done nothing to his cousin. Yixing is kind enough to lend them one of his car. Yifan acts like they don't exist and while Lu Han openly shows his hate, (especially toward Minseok) like Sehun he hasn't done anything major just yet.

All and all, everything's good.

Joonmyun nods in satisfaction as he makes his way to the marbled staircase leading to the floor where his room is located. He is glad that he didn't have to accompany Zitao to the basement anymore ("I think Sehun's too stupid to kill me. He probably don't know how to kill someone so I'm good."), Jongdae had been too occupied by the game on his phone to bother him, and Minseok slept all the way back to the mansion, exhausted after being caught by Baekhyun to do an embarrassing and draining deed.

By the end of the day, Joonmyun is a proud mom who had kept her kids from dying.

"Joonmyun, dear! I'm so glad I ran into you!"

Or he could die by the end of the day instead.

Smiling stiffly, Joonmyun faces the direction of the voice and saw Rongjia in her black and white stripped square pants and white t-shirt. No one would even suspect this woman to be in her mid-fourties by the way she dresses and looks. If anything, she look like a woman who's in her early thirties. (But then again, his Mom is the same so—).

Rongjia pulls Joonmyun into a brief hug, her expensive perfume filling up his nostrils, before she smiles sweetly at the boy. Joonmyun is kind of embarrassed because in comparison, he smells like sweat and a teenager full of despair. "I'm so glad I ran into you." She gushes. "My son and nephews are not giving you troubles, are they?" She questions in worry.

"N-no... So far, they're letting us be." He replies in assurance, leaving out the part where Lu Han and the rest cornered them during their first day.

"I'm glad." Rongjia sighs in relief. "Tell me if they're bothering you, okay? Especially Han. I'm going to set them straight." She says with a smile but the dangerous hint in her voice didn't escapes Joonmyun.

He could only nod in response.

"But anyway, I actually have a favor to ask." The woman starts as she rummage through her Hermes Matte Crocodile Birkin bag and pulls out a what appears to be a DVD box. "Will you please be a doll and give this to Yifan?" Seeing the alarm on Joonmyun's face, she laughs. "Relax, Yifan might look scary but trust me he's not going to eat you." She assures then curses as she caught sight of the time on her Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Quartz watch. "I'm late! I'm counting on you, Joonmyunie." She coos before giving him the box and rushing down the marbled stairs.

Joonmyun could only helplessly watch the woman turn to the elevator which leads to underground parking lot. (According to Jongdae anyway as he's the only one who'd been there. The car from Yixing is usually parked just outside of the mansion.)

Looking down, he checks the box in his hand.

There is a picture of a beautiful woman in the background wearing a traditional Chinese Empress' clothing and the word 'July' is printed in cursive underneath her picture. Joonmyun notes the 'Director's Copy' taped on its corner and subtly wonders why is Yifan getting it. The woman looks familiar but he couldn't remember where he'd seen her. Sighing, Joonmyun then decides to drop the matter.

He continues his way to his room, only stopping when he is finally in front of Yifan's door.

Although he is nervous, he is sure as hell that he's not home yet. While it is already seven in the evening, Yifan doesn't look like the type to go home early which then meant that Joonmyun has plenty of time to think of ways to not directly give him the package. Deciding that he would just ask one of the maids, Joonmyun shrugs and resumes his walk to his room.

That until his playful side reared it's head.

Looking back to the door, a thought crossed his mind. He was a 101% sure Yifan is not home yet and playing a little wouldn't hurt. Snickering, he takes a step back and stands in front of the boy's door.

Clearing his throat, he knocks five times. "Yifan? Do you wanna build a snowman?" He sings, snickering a little in the end. "Come on let's go and play. I never see you anymore, come out the door. It's like you've gone away. We used to be best buddies, and now we're not, I wish you would tell me why?" He continues, singing exactly just how Anna did in the movie. "Do you wanna build a snowman? It doesn't have a snowman."

And then the door opens.

Joonmyun let out a squeak when he is met by Yifan's confused face. He is like a theif caught in the act with how his eyes grew a few centimeters wide and his blood leaving his face. Eventually, he flushes red upon realizing he had been caught and Yifan heard him singing the embarrassing song.

"I-I-I..." He stutters, face hot and wanting nothing but the ground to swallow him whole. "A-Aunt Rongjia told me to give you this!" He screams and pushes the DVD box straight to Yifan's chest before running toward his room. The loud sound of his door slamming close resonates within the hall.

Yifan blinks in confusion, his gears whirling as he tries to comprehend what happened. When he did, an amused smile maned his usually scowling face and he closes the door.

That night, he plays 'Do You Wanna Build A Snowman' on his stereo much to Joonmyun's embarrassment.

 


 

 

 

 

 

imsorryforthelittlechanbaekbutireallylovethemsobs

Oh Boy (Red Velvet) ft Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?


Ps: Ko Ko Bop D.O. is lyf. Hence the freckles lmao. 

 

Lemme just say something... I'm so overwhelmed by the amount of support this fic is getting. And I wish I am not awkward so that I could reply to your comments—but seriously—i can't thank you enough. っ╥╯﹏╰╥c

 

 

 

Also, do you wanna build a snowman? XD