Like A Dream

The LUs (And Why You Should Avoid Them)

Truth is:

Lu Han has no plan.

The only reason why he dragged Minseok out of the field (and possibly created quite a controversy by doing so) is because he panicked and like all panicked losers do, they do things that has no deep explanation whatsoever and regrets it later on.

Sitting inside his favorite Veneno Roadster Lamborghini, Lu Han contemplates all his life decision with his head on the steering wheel while Minseok pouts on the passenger's seat. The boy has his arms crossed and hasn't said a single word when Lu Han dragged him to their parking lot and pushed him inside his car.

Which is kind of rude but he is not in the mood to tell Lu Han off.

Shifting his eyes to the side, Minseok sees that the car isn't locked and is followed by the idea of leaving the vehicle and Lu Han to rot for good.

(Well, he didn't technically thought the last part but he seriously want to get out of the car and go home, maybe find some fast food chain to buy himself some food because what he ate in lunch wasn't enough.)

Luckily for Lu Han, the moment Minseok takes a hold of the car's handle is also the same time he raises his head from the stearing wheel. With mind fixed on keeping the elder around, he's quick to move and grasp his arm and pulls him back to his seat just as he was about to go out.

"Where the hell are you going?" The younger snarls and makes the other pout even further.

"I want to go home. I'm hungry." Minseok replies. A reply which earns him a glare from the other.

"Well, you're not going home until I tell you to." Is what Lu Han says as he moves his upper body forward and locks the door himself. An action that he soon then realized is lethal to his heart because when Minseok's scent—a mixture of baby powder and vanilla—hit his nostrils, his mind goes blank and the only thing he could focus on is their close proximity and Minseok's eyes.

Those goddamned eyes that lured him to this pit of confusing emotions and heart skippings that he never remembered asking from the beginning.

(Why you do this to him Jesus?!)

And just as his cheeks colors at the same time a confused expression crosses the other boy's face, Lu Han hastily pulls the seatbelt on Minseok's  seat and secures the boy. His reasons are mainly that he want to keep the other safe and also to stop him from running away.

"Where are we going?" Minseok asks when Lu Han started the car and drives out of the parking lot.

"Somewhere, okay? Now shut up." Is all the other says as he maneuvers his way out of the school. Again, he instantly regrets his words when Minseok once again pouts. It's kind of cute if it wasn't for the fact that he's obviously mad annoyed at Lu Han.

Somewhere at the back of his mind, he could hear Irene—who he now considers as his underling because of reasons that she's knows way too much about Lu Han's crush and she's the only one who's willing to help him in the courting department—tell him that he's really bad at this.

And if it wasn't also for the fact that he has already drove out of the school and the fact that his phone is in his back pocket, he'd probably break down and call Irene to save his sorry from this awkward uncomfortable position he put himself in.

But seeing that he can't simply reach out to his pocket for his phone and text Irene for some advice, Lu Han bites his tongue and drives to the less populated area of Seoul. Lu Han keeps his eyes to the road—honking occasionally at some people who thought that they have the right to block his way—and Minseok keeps quiet all throughout the journey. While his pout is no longer existent, his frown is still present as the younger drives pass through the speed limit and did a mini road rage when some driver did something that he didn't like.

"Yah!" Lu Han screams at the truck he just overtook the moment he rolled his window down. "Why the are you driving so ing slow when the road's ing barren?! ! Go return your license!" He continues and even goes as far as giving the driver the middle finger. When he rolls his window back up, it is then he noticed the disapproving look the elder is giving him.

"What?" And he even had the audacity to ask.

"That wasn't very nice." Minseok says with his brows furrowed disapprovingly.

"So? He was driving so slow and he's wasting our time! What were you expecting me to do?" Lu Han reasons with a slight rise of his voice. But instead of cowering in fear, Minseok merely sighs and shakes his head for what could be disappointment.

"Still, that doesn't give you the right to scream at people." The elder retorts and didn't even gave the other the chance to say something for he turns to his side and choose to busy himself with the passing scenario of the city of Seoul. A huge part of Lu Han is screaming why on earth do he even like such a difficult Omega and that he should just drop him off somewhere secluded and leave him alone, in that way his feelings might miraculously disappear. But there's also a huge part of him that wants to buy a whole candy store and give it to the boy just so he could erase the frown on the his face.

He's ing whipped and he perfectly knows it.

He could just apologize but Lu Han had yet to master that level.

He mean, he never really truly understood how hard saying the words "I'm sorry" until he caught himself stuck in this stupid situation.

Why on Earth must he learn how to apologize in first place? He's practically so rich that he could just pay people to shut up and stop demanding him for an apology. People are easily bought that's why he never had encountered any sort of major troubles with the people he dated.

But this?

This freaking specimen named Kim Minseok? This little who have no regard for the whole caste-system which was practically started by his grandfather and his friends and all those people who thought that they should rule high school? This adorable piece of specimen whose cheeks he seriously wanna squish but thank God his sanity stops him before it's too late? This piece of who seem to turn Lu Han's heart into a gymnast whenever he smiles?

This Kim Minseok?!

WHY THE IS HE MAKING HIS LIFE SO DIFFICULT?

Heaving a really frustrated sigh, Lu Han simply focuses his eyes on the road than to decipher the reason behind his feelings for this peculiar-seemingly oblivious to world boy. Although it is quite noticeable that he stop doing his mini road rage whenever a driver did something he particularly didn't like. He instead resorted to cursing under his breath and pout just so—even though he refused to admit it—Minseok wouldn't give him another disappointed look. 

Fifteen minutes into the road, Lu Han finally enters a quiet neighborhood littered with expensive looking vintage houses before eventually parking in front of a red bricked building. Lu Han is the first to get out of the car—closing the door with less force than he usually do—and didn't wait for the other just so he could convince himself that he ain't that much of a for the boy.

Still he waits by the door for Minseok to finally get out of the car. But when he simply blinks at the him from the inside, Lu Han curses and marches back to the vehicle. He opens the door to the elder's side and leans down to unbuckle his seatbelt himself before rudely pulling Minseok out of the car.

He locks his car—not bothering on answering the questioning look he's receiving—and takes the boy by the hand to the building.

Minseok is about to ask him "where are we going?" when he is cut off by a voice the moment they entered the vicinity.

"Welcome to—why if isn't the young master himself." A man, probably around his father's age, greets them with a smirk. He is behind a counter and is wiping a mug when they came in. He's wearing a white polo shirt and black vest, a chalk board is placed on the wall behind him with different types of coffee, beverages, and food written in chalk.

It is then Minseok realizes that they just entered a café slash bar with polaroid pictures hanging by the ceiling, just high enough to not inconvenient the costumers but low enough for them to reach out and touch it.

Yet before he could do so, he was pulled by a unamused Lu Han closer to the still smirking barista.

"And would you look at that; he brought a very cute friend along." The man—Changmin, according to the name tag pinned on his left chest—continues which earns him a hard glare from Lu Han himself.

"Shut up, idiot." The boy hisses with his fingers still wrapped securely around Minseok's wrist. Turning to his side, he pulls the boy who is busy looking around closer to him until their shoulders bump and he now have his attention. "Go pick something to eat."

Blinking, Minseok's eyes flits to Lu Han's fingers on his wrist before diverting it back to Lu Han's face. "What?" He asks with a tilt of his head.

"Didn't you say you were hungry? Now choose something to eat, ." Lu Han says, earning a frown from Minseok and makee Changmin laughed out loud at his antics. Glaring at the man, the boy snarls a "what's so funny?" to which the is only responded by a louder laughter.

Ah yes, there's also this who doesn't fear Lu Han as well.

(But then again, he's his Father's friend so—dammit.)

"Continue talking like that to your date and he's definitely going to hate you." Changmin says with a very amused grin. Ignoring the blatant coloring of Lu Han's cheeks with the word "date", he turn his attention to Minseok who is pouting from being called a . Reading the name tag on the boy's uniform, Changmin smiles kindly. "Hello there, Minseok. What would you like to have?" He questions. 

"I..." Minseok starts, looking up to the menu when Changmin moved to the side. "A latte, I guess? Oh! A cheesecake too! And, and, you serve dumplings and fried rice?" He asks with a wide happy grin upon seeing a set of what seemingly out of place name of foods.

"Yes. Pretty cool, huh? I thought about adding some Chinese foods when I came back from Beijing." Changmin reciprocates a grin of his own and places his elbows on top of the counter and leans closer. "Not bragging or anything but my staffs are really good at it. Would you like to try them? I can give you a discount since you're so cu—"

"Uh, yeah? Hate to break it to you but we can pretty much afford your commoner's food. With or without discount." Lu Han then intervenes, possessively pushing Minseok behind him and slamming his black card on the counter. The glare he's throwing at the man could probably cut diamond and might have been intimidating if it wasn't coming from a boy he'd known since he's fetus. Laughing at the boy's antics, Changmin takes the card and shakes his head.

(It's always a fun messing around Fon's easily annoyed son.)

"Enjoy your commoner's food." Changmin grins as he hand in back Lu Han's card after swiping it up.

"We will, you ." Lu Han hisses before wrapping an arm around Minseok's shoulder and guides him to a table on the far corner. But not before giving Changmin a middle finger.

"I like him, he's nice." Minseok suddenly states the moment they took a sit.

Yup. Changmin's gonna die tonight.

Eye twitching and doing these mental calming remedies he found on the internet, Lu Han forces a smile on his face when all he want to do is stab Changmin in the eyes. Given he had been wanting to for all the times he had , everything's now on a whole new level. "Do you now?" He asks with a prominent deathly aura hanging on his back.

"Yeah," Minseok smiles, gums and all. "He reminds me of Dongwoo." He continues as he roams his eyes inside the café.

Now what the is a Dongwoo?

"I like this place too. It's cozy." Minseok adds, now directly focusing his attention on Lu Han.

The younger then comes into conclusion that the elder likes everything except for Lu Han which is kind of sad. Also, Changmin and whoever Dongwoo is, are still going to die tonight.

them.

"So you can literally like even a building but you can't like me." Lu Han bitterly spit as he glares at the stupid small scratch on the table. "You're so ing weird... A-and it's not like I want you to like me or anything! Don't ing misunderstand my intention." He hastily adds, finding that same scratch the most amazing thing in the world.

(Yes, he's aware of the warmth on his cheeks so off.)

Puffing his cheeks, Minseok rests his chin on top of the table before proceeding on staring at Lu Han with upturned eyes. "I can always like you." The elder starts and didn't help taming down the blush that's painted the younger boy's face. "You have a pretty face and I like pretty people. I like Snow White cause she's pretty—" Who the is Snow White?! "—and I also like Jimin, and Hani, and Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol, and—" With each name he says, the demonic side of Lu Han becomes even more prominent and his bloodthirst elevating on a whole new level. "—my brothers, cousin and my Mom and Dad too."

"It's just that," Minseok pouts and stares at Lu Han like how a six years old would to someone who told him that he's ugly. "You say a lot of mean things to me and I can't really like you if you're mean to me." He says and Lu Han feels a dozen of arrows continuously stab him in the heart.

"So to put it simply, you're saying that I should be nice to you?" Lu Han questions with a raised eyebrow. Yet before Minseok could say something, he laughs aloud. "Hah! Not gonna happen. This is how I am, deal with it." He sneers.

(In reality though, he want to punch himself on the face for doing the opposite of what's he's supposed to do.)

"I guess you're right." Minseok replies and sits properly. He intertwines his fingers together and resumes with his light sightseeing, like he just decided just like that he is done with Lu Han and the boy doesn't deserve his attention anymore. To say that it pissed the other is an understatement. Just the fact that Minseok can easily decide that he'd stop giving him attention is hurting his ego more than it should. Then suddenly the boy perks up and rummage through his bag before taking his iPad out. "Do you want to do our homework together?" He asks with a smile, catching Lu Han off guard.

Giving the boy an incredulous look, Lu Han raises an eyebrow. "I already did mine." He says which is part true and part false because while he already did it, he hasn't rechecked his answers just yet. (Believe it or not, he actually does his school work. Partly because he don't want to be labeled the same as Sehun as Yifan's actually pretty smart and Yixing's on a whole new level but the biggest reason that he do so is because his Grandpa promised him a yacht and a penthouse in Germany if he maintains a spectacular GPA.)

(But then he quickly realizes that he just let a good opportunity go and he now curses every existing Gods out there.)

"Really?" Minseok looks quite amazed and somehow, that Lu Han's ego a little. "That's great! I guess I'll just do mine then." He states as he places his iPad on the table. But before he could start, Lu Han takes the device away much to Minseok's confusion.

"We're not here to do homework, idiot." Lu Han reprimands as he placed the iPad on the chair beside him, far away from Minseok. "And if it is answers that you want, I'll just send it to you. Give me your phone number."

(Lu Han gives himself a pat on the back for being hella smooth.)

"I don't have a phone."

(Or not.)

"What do you mean you don't have a phone? How can you not have a phone in this day and age? Are you ing with me right now?" He questions through gritted teeth after recovering from his initial shock of being rejected. Again. Lu Han thinks that there are a number of valid excuses out there to keep someone from getting your number and that's what came to his mind?!

WHY DO HE HATE LU HAN SO MUCH?!

"I really don't have one." Minseok confirms before Lu Han goes crazy and flip the table. Possibly seeing that the other isn't believing him and is obviously pissed, he takes his bag and shows each pockets to the boy, confirming that yup, he really don't have a phone. The boy even goes as far as standing and showing his empty pockets to the younger.

"How can you not have a phone?" Lu Han repeats, this time his anger completely disappearing after the confirmation that Minseok isn't playing with him. All that's left is confusion why the other doesn't own a handheld device.

Shrugging, the elder smiles. "I never really had to buy one. If I want to call or text someone, I'll just borrow my brothers' phones. Besides, I now have an iPad. That's enough for me." He grins.

Seriously, what kind of an alien is this person he like?

Opening his mouth to say something, Changmin once again makes an appearance and cut him off, much to his distaste. "Order up!" He announces as he places two lattes in front of the duo while his other staff placed a SINGLE order of steaming Fried Rice, Dumplings, and Cheesecake in front of Minseok.

"Where's mine?" Lu Han questions with a glare. To which is responded by a smirk, courtesy of the man.

"You didn't placed yours. He's the only one who did." He says and motions to Minseok with his thumb.

If you are to ask Lu Han to do a list of people he don't like, he'd probably scoff at you and say  "there's a lot". But if you are to ask him to do a top three list of people he really don't like, he'd take a pen and write down on your forehead the names of Shim Changmin, Shin Jimin, and Kim Jonghyun.

Kim Jonghyun because he's technically the only obstacle that's keeping Minseok from sitting beside him.

Shin Jimin because that girl pisses him to no end and now she's out to steal his FUTURE FIANCÉ.

And lastly, Shim Changmin because he's annoying and he always see through it that Lu Han has a bad day whenever he's around. He's that irritating uncle who finds happiness in your misery and Lu Han had been planning his assassination for as long as he can remember.

Eye twitching and on the verge of biting Changmin's head off, Lu Han curls his fist and gives the man the nastiest glare that he could muster. "Okay, fine." He growls. "Thank you for the coffee—"

"There are tiny hearts in mine!" Minseok exclaims, making Lu Han snaps his head to the boy's direction. The first thing he notices—like always—is his smile then his eyes falls onto the latte in front of the elder. True to his words, a beautiful latte art hearts is on the foam of Minseok's drink. A far cry from Lu Han's who only have powdered chocolate on top of the foam as a design.

Literally feeling a vein pop, Minseok and Changmin didn't even had time to blink when Lu Han snatches the cup from Minseok's saucer and gulps the hot beverage in one go. With a single tear rolling down from his eye to cheek, the boy didn't even flinch as the hot liquid rapidly rolled down his throat to his stomach. Slamming the cup back down on the table, Lu Han let out a loud burp then glares at Changmin who is looking at him with wide astonished eyes.

Changmin stands there looking at Lu Han with a baffled expression before eventually, the man chuckles and ruffles the boy's hair. "Man, never thought I'd witness that move again." He laughs as he patted the younger boy's back. To who was he referring? Lu Han has no idea. "Anyway," Taking a huge step back before Lu Han could smack him on the face for touching him, Changmin grins. "Enjoy your meal." He says and leaves the table.

"What is there to enjoy?! You didn't gave me some!" Lu Han screams and blatantly ignored the fact that he's disturbing the other customers.

(There was only one aside from them, but still—)

"I'm going to beat your one day!" He adds which is only responded by Changmin's "can't wait!". Huffing one last angry breath, Lu Han faces his forgotten companion only to see him pouting and eyeing the empty mug on his side. It doesn't need a genius to guess what Minseok is pouting about and the younger simply let out a heavy sigh before giving his latte to the boy.

"You drank it." Minseok pouts.

"That's why I'm giving you mine." Lu Han replies. "Now quit pouting and eat. Let's go somewhere after you're done."

Although still not delighted by the fact Lu Han destroyed and drank the pretty hearts on his latte, Minseok picks up his chopsticks and pokes on the dumplings on top of his fried rice. Taking a piece, the boy blew on it first and then, before Lu Han could say something, placed it on his empty saucer. When the younger gives him a questioning look, Minseok simply pushes the saucer to Lu Han's direction and motions him to eat.

"I'm still mad that you drank my hearts," The elder starts. "But it's not fun when I'm the only one who's eating so let's share." Then grins and scoops a portion of his fried rice using the given spoon and places it on top of the dumpling.

Lu Han then thought—as warmth spread on his cheeks at the elder's action—that if Yifan is around, he'd probably laugh at him for acting like a hopeless middle schooler in love. Maybe he won't. Maybe he'd just look at him like he'd just grown a second head because acting like this, blushing like this, everything that he's doing is completely out of character and Lu Han himself had never even imagined he'd be like this.

When Lu Han merely sits there with a stupid expression on his face, Minseok takes the dumpling buried in the fried rice with his chopsticks and raised it right in front of Lu Han's mouth.

"Say ahh." Minseok grins.

And as Lu Han opens his mouth, reluctantly at first because no one had dare to do this to him (they would probably dead if they even dare think about it for he hates being babied), and takes a bite of the food, the smile he is rewarded just by doing so makes his heart flip a dozen times.

Damn you Kim Minseok.

 



Sitting inside his parked car right in front of the Lu Mansion's entrance, Lu Han exhales a deep breath and thinks: "What the are you doing?" It is probably the second time, or maybe more, he asked himself that question that day.

"Lu Han?" Minseok calls out as he tugs on the younger boy's sleeve. Turning to the boy's side, he sees him fiddling with the latest version of iPhone Lu Han bought when he dragged him to the nearest mall. "Can I really have this?" He asks while checking the phone's camera. "I mean, it's nice and all—woah! I'm a bunny!" He laughs when he stumbles upon the Snow app Lu Han installed before they left the shop. "But I don't think that it's necessary." He finally says and faces the boy who is giving him a look.

Sighing once again, Lu Han takes the phone and places it back to its paper bag. "I've put my number in there so make sure to answer my calls," He says and completely ignores Minseok's question. He places the paperbag on the elder's lap before doing the same with the other unnecessary stuffs the younger bought for him. Bizarre stuffs that Minseok merely took a glance at that Lu Han immediately buys just because of that reason.

"And listen here, starting today you and I are going to go home together, okay? You have to wait for me to finish practice and make sure to sit where I can see you." The boy states which is only responded by Minseok's usual blinking. "Also," He continues and takes a small paper bag from his uniform's blazer. Taking a small velvet box out, he takes Minseok's left hand. The elder watches in confusion as Lu Han slides a gold ring to his ring finger and did the same to his. "Don't ever remove this or you're dead but make sure Jimin sees it when she returns."

Cocking his head to the side, Minseok examines the ring. "Why?" He asks but like always, Lu Han ignores his question and unbuckles Minseok's seat belt himself.

"One more thing, don't be too friendly with Chanyeol," Lu Han says which didn't wiped the confusion out of the elder's face. "Now, I have to return to practice because Amber's losing her . What I want you to do is go to your room and wait for me, got it? I'll bring you some of those baozis you like so much."

Roughly translated as: Be a good wife and wait for me to come home from work, okay?

(Clutching the paper bags closer to his chest, Minseok is still having a hard time grasping what the heck Lu Han is doing, but hey he got some free stuffs so whatever.)

Minseok watches Lu Han fidget on his seat like he's still going to say something. But instead of throwing in more confusing instructions like he had been doing, Lu Han did something the elder didn't even thought of:

Nothing.

All Lu Han did is unlock the door and tells Minseok to get out. For a fraction there, he makes a motion of reaching out for the elder's face but quickly retracts his hand and nearly pushes him out of his car. Minseok tumbles out of the vehicle with half a dozen of paper bags in his arms. The boy awkwardly stands there in the pavement as Lu Han slams his door shut and drives off to a speed like he's being chased by a thousand ghost, leaving Minseok to owlishly stare at his car's disappearing form.

Shrugging, because he had always thought the younger is a little strange, Minseok walks the marbled stairs to do just what Lu Han had told him to because he's an obedient child.

Only for him to be tackled by a very frantic looking Joonmyun the moment he steps inside the mansion, followed by an equally scared Jongdae mimicking his elder brother's awkward tapping. "Are you okay? Did he do something to you? Are your organs still intact?! Tell me!" Joonmyun nearly screams on his face.

"Bro, you still a ?!" Jongdae interjects. A question that definitely earns him a smack on the head.

"I'm fine..." Minseok replies, mildly scared with how his brothers are acting.

"Are you sure?" His brother questions once again, not believing that Lu Han didn't do something heinous to his precious older brother.

"Yes." Minseok confirms before raising the paper bags in his hands. "Actually, he even bought me a lot of stuffs, look." Just when Joonmyun is about take the paper bags and inspect them, Zitao—who is just behind the other two—snatches them and beats Joonmyun to it.

Zitao, eyes wide the moment he opens one of the paper bag, gasps and diverts his astonished expression to Minseok who seems to be oblivious of what's inside. "Do you even realize what this is?" He questions as he takes out a black coat from the bag. When Minseok merely blinks at him, Zitao then had the answer to his question. "Idiot! This is an authentic Chanel coat! Do you know how much this costs? It's around ten million won!" He exclaims which made Joonmyun and Jongdae's eyes grow the same size of a saucer.

"What?!" The duo screams in unison.

"Did you use your body to pay for that?!" Jongdae screams and shakes Minseok wildly.

"Kim Minseok! I don't remember Mom and Dad raising you like that!" Joonmyun adds with tears pooling in his eyes. All throughout the commotion, Zitao is far more interested in what's inside the paper bags. He gasp with each signature branded clothes and jewelries that he takes out but when he stumbles upon a small pink paper bag and peeks inside it, the boy then realizes what's going on.

"My god," He gasp out and successfully put a stop to Joonmyun and Jongdae's harassment on Minseok. Showing them the paper bag that says Cartier love set, Zitao points at their eldest with shaking hands and says the words that makes Joonmyun's vision turn and nearly makes him stop breathing.

"I think you're being courted."


 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm revising this .